UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Hardwood Lock box
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jwn
UKC Forum Member

Hardwood Lock box

Any info on what he has produced? Tight mouth , good tree dog , what kind of mouth ,etc????

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2017 02:27 AM
jwn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwn Click here to Send jwn a Private Message Find more posts by jwn Add jwn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 08-03-2017 01:11 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dutchcreek99
UKC Forum Member

Contact Keith Medley himself. The old dog just turned 10 and has produced Super stake champions etc on down the line.

Sean Clark

Old Post 08-03-2017 01:21 PM
dutchcreek99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dutchcreek99 Click here to Send dutchcreek99 a Private Message Click Here to Email dutchcreek99 Find more posts by dutchcreek99 Add dutchcreek99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weh
UKC Forum Member

I have raised one litter off him and got another litter just weaned. I raised 5 in the first litter. Every single pup in the litter was treeing coons by 8 months old. 3 of them had outstanding mouths and the other 2 were not so good a mouth. They all had a couple things in common. They were the hardest going, quickest pups I ever saw cut loose and started really early. I can't hardly wait until these little ones are big enough to go!

Old Post 08-03-2017 08:37 PM
weh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for weh Click here to Send weh a Private Message Click Here to Email weh Find more posts by weh Add weh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I bred to him bout 5.5 years ago and x2 on above post

He had only been bred a handful of times then. Keith gave me the numbers of a couple of guys that had a pups from different crosses. I called them and they were both men over 50 and had been hunting for some years. They both said at 6 mo. Old, they were the best pups they had ever seen. There were 8 in the litter I raised. There was 2 Gr.nt ch, 1 nt CH and at least 4 more that have competition wins. The one I kept was a coondog at 8 mo old. Treed her 1st alone by herself@ 6 mo old. Keith is studding one of the Gr.nt ch. Hardwood Weego.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 08-03-2017 11:13 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

In my personal opinion...

Lock Box and Bone collector are the two best Walker stud dogs the Walker breed has ever had.
They produce gamey,tough, early starting pups that have the coon more often than not.

I have a Box daughter by a Bone momma due to have pups in 3 weeks. My. Expectations are through the roof.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 08-03-2017 11:16 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randy steadman
UKC Forum Member

OLE BOX THROWS SOME REALLY NICE COON TREERS HARD GOING DOGS OLE MEDLEY IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN COONHUNTIG

Old Post 08-04-2017 01:47 AM
randy steadman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randy steadman Click here to Send randy steadman a Private Message Find more posts by randy steadman Add randy steadman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwn
UKC Forum Member

Lock box

Sounds like he is a reproducer!

Old Post 08-04-2017 02:58 AM
jwn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwn Click here to Send jwn a Private Message Find more posts by jwn Add jwn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Here's the mouth on a young pup off Box

https://flic.kr/p/dDifq8

Old Post 08-04-2017 03:04 AM
jwn
UKC Forum Member

Lock box

No problem hearing him !

Old Post 08-05-2017 06:00 PM
DRhodes
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 08-08-2017 06:35 PM
DRhodes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DRhodes Click here to Send DRhodes a Private Message Find more posts by DRhodes Add DRhodes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

That was a female @ 7 months old.

He throws loud pups generally.

Bone did as well. There's always exceptions to the rules, but those two hounds and pretty much most Homer studs threw way above average nice coon- tree-ers regardless of the line of dogs the females were from.
Lock Box has two brothers in Repete and Horton's Bullet and the Dennis dog on the east coast and Brandon Little has a gorgeous stud off Homer. They all are very good reproducers.

Old Post 08-08-2017 07:43 PM
jwn
UKC Forum Member

Lock box

Are his pups usually honest when they open ? Not like most that babble all over the place ! Know Bone was his 1/2 brother and he threw some that was tight on the ground and wanted to see if Box was like that ?

Old Post 08-08-2017 09:40 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

That's my experience with them.

Lots of them in the winners circle in the other
Registery as well.
More of his are full open mouth from what I've heard.
I have heard that some of Bones were quiet on the ground. Enough that it's mentioned.

Old Post 08-09-2017 01:12 AM
jwork
UKC Forum Member

Got any info on the Wee-Go dog he has now? What the bottom side looks like.

Old Post 08-17-2017 01:46 AM
jwork is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwork Click here to Send jwork a Private Message Click Here to Email jwork Find more posts by jwork Add jwork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

A Gr.ch granddaughter to Rat x Skuna River Bark

10 generations of my stock of hounds. Also went back to Old Coma and another shot of Sackett Jr. Besides Rat.

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:00 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

There's a Gr.nt ch brother to Weego

Down in No. Miss in Batesville and a Nt CH bro died several months ago and they did get him bred and he threw some really nice pups. Giant mouths and tree dogs deluxe.

Old Post 08-17-2017 04:02 PM
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Weh

Are you going to sell any of the Box pups

Old Post 08-18-2017 06:35 PM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Sure..

They will be Lock Box grand pups plus Bone Collector as their great grand dad.
I don't know of a double Homer Gyp with two of the premeir Studs that Homer ever produced wrapped up in a 45 lb package.

She's due Sunday nite.
I'm gonna price them @ 200. Ea because Jet my stud..this is his first litter.
Next cross will go up.
I'm keeping a female and I've got 1 male spoken for. Got a couple more maybes waiting to see how many she has. You can get a good pick if you're interested.

Old Post 08-18-2017 11:05 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I've raised a few hundred pups over the years.

I don't make a cross hoping. I do my homework and know what characteristics my crosses will throw.
They will be smart,gamey, bold, very athletic with a lot of go and for kickers....will be knock your eyes out gorgeous.

Old Post 08-18-2017 11:08 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Send me a pm if you want on the list.

I'll put a sale ad on my kennel page on the Walker stud page next week.

Haven't advertised the cross yet.
It will be a unique cross.
I've seen really unbelievable stuff from Box and Bone pups. Got um in one cross.

Old Post 08-18-2017 11:18 PM
jwork
UKC Forum Member

Whats the name of Brandon Littles dog? I remember seeing it on the walker stud page but cant find him now?

Old Post 08-18-2017 11:27 PM
jwork is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwork Click here to Send jwork a Private Message Click Here to Email jwork Find more posts by jwork Add jwork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Stetson I think...

I think he will produce. Just never given a chance. I'd like to have one off him.
Nice looking dog too.

Old Post 08-19-2017 02:15 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Bumped it back up for you

On stud page.

Old Post 08-19-2017 02:19 AM
jwork
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 08-19-2017 04:54 AM