UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Dog Food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
87yota
New UKC Forum Member

Dog Food

Have any of you guys ever tried Sexton Brothers? I saw some old post but nothing new. We have tried a couple bags and have been pretty impressed. I have tried them all and this seems as good as any and a good buy. I just can't seem to justify paying the extra $$ for other feeds and not seeing any gain. Let me know what you guys think.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-11-2019 04:05 PM
87yota is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 87yota Click here to Send 87yota a Private Message Click Here to Email 87yota Find more posts by 87yota Add 87yota to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1whitedog
UKC Forum Member

I only have experience with the blue bag. I really like it during the heat of the summer. The dogs seem to handle the heat real well when they are on it. That being said, none of the dogs i have will hold their body conditioning if I'm hunting them more than a couple days a week on it. Mine are on permanent feeders so have continuous access to feed.

Old Post 10-11-2019 09:05 PM
1whitedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1whitedog Click here to Send 1whitedog a Private Message Find more posts by 1whitedog Add 1whitedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Yeah ive fed it . Mine seemed to do fine on it this summer. I was feeding black or silver bag valupak and my young dogs got messed up on it. The red bag is much better. Sextom bros is good also. Im feeding my older dogs showtime now. They do great on it but its a little more pricey. Ive tried the victor also , didn't see any difference in victor vs showtime.

Old Post 10-11-2019 11:35 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan 1987
New UKC Forum Member

I also have fed it. Mine seemed to do fine on it in the summer. I have never fed it in the winter so I don't know how it would be.

Old Post 10-12-2019 03:10 AM
Bryan 1987 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan 1987 Click here to Send Bryan 1987 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan 1987 Find more posts by Bryan 1987 Add Bryan 1987 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toolman24
UKC Forum Member

We all know the old saying about opinions....
But I have tried showtime, Sportsmix, and about anything else out there but I having been feeding Red bag of Victor for about the last 4 years during the off-season and changing to the Blue bags during the kill season in NC and it is the best dog food I have every used. My dogs eat less food compared to anything else I have tried, better coats, better energy, better digestive system, and good stools and you definitely can tell the difference after you hunt you dogs every day of the week during the kill season from Nov thru Dec and I can honestly say I have never had a bad batch of food that gave them lose stools and the dogs want to eat every time they get back to the kennels after hunting. Good luck and this is just one person opinion

Old Post 10-19-2019 12:48 AM
Toolman24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toolman24 Click here to Send Toolman24 a Private Message Click Here to Email Toolman24 Find more posts by Toolman24 Add Toolman24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike berger
UKC Forum Member

Hey Toolman, have you tried Sportmix Wholesomes Chicken and Rice
Red and white bag?

Old Post 10-27-2019 05:16 PM
mike berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike berger Click here to Send mike berger a Private Message Find more posts by mike berger Add mike berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
87yota
New UKC Forum Member

Review

I am now starting in on the 3rd week of season and the Sexton Brothers 24/18 is holding dogs up great. Dogs have been hunted everyday in mountains of WNC. I’m really impressed with this food. We have had some extremely long runs on running bear. The only supplement I add is an egg to each dog every other day.

Old Post 10-27-2019 05:33 PM
87yota is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 87yota Click here to Send 87yota a Private Message Click Here to Email 87yota Find more posts by 87yota Add 87yota to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toolman24
UKC Forum Member

Mike
No I never tried that particular kind of sports mix, I was feeding the 24-18 during training and once the season started I would change them over to the 26-20.

Old Post 10-28-2019 04:28 AM
Toolman24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toolman24 Click here to Send Toolman24 a Private Message Click Here to Email Toolman24 Find more posts by Toolman24 Add Toolman24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote