UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > opinions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MLMCADAMS
UKC Forum Member

opinions

was just wondering what would cross good on my male. im new into registered Curs but i have a grandpup to geronimo and sniper hes a pretty nice little dog looking to maybe get a few litters on the ground this year. any help would be greatly appreciated.

GRNITECH PR McAdams Stylish Max (R.I.P 7-21-06/ 7-30-2018 semen stored at never gone)
‘PR’ Triple Tree Blu Big Mac III

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-03-2019 05:13 PM
MLMCADAMS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MLMCADAMS Click here to Send MLMCADAMS a Private Message Click Here to Email MLMCADAMS Find more posts by MLMCADAMS Add MLMCADAMS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

Re: opinions

quote:
Originally posted by MLMCADAMS
was just wondering what would cross good on my male. im new into registered Curs but i have a grandpup to geronimo and sniper hes a pretty nice little dog looking to maybe get a few litters on the ground this year. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Breeding based on bloodlines is a complete waste of time. Find a really nice solid female that has thrown good pups and take a chance.

Old Post 04-05-2019 12:51 AM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MLMCADAMS
UKC Forum Member

Bloodlines

I’m assuming curs are like hounds and different blood lines throw different traits. I’m breeding my female to him because there strengths and weaknesses are opposite of each other

GRNITECH PR McAdams Stylish Max (R.I.P 7-21-06/ 7-30-2018 semen stored at never gone)

Old Post 04-05-2019 02:29 AM
MLMCADAMS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MLMCADAMS Click here to Send MLMCADAMS a Private Message Click Here to Email MLMCADAMS Find more posts by MLMCADAMS Add MLMCADAMS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

You should end up with some good pups then??? There isnt much "fixed" in cur bloodlines. Some mouth, looks, but not ability. Good curs come in all different shapes, sizes, color and bloodlines.

Old Post 04-05-2019 04:59 AM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MLMCADAMS
UKC Forum Member

I’m sure it’s just crap shoot till you find out what works just trying to learn more about the bloodlines

Old Post 04-05-2019 10:49 AM
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

If I was new to the bloodlines I most likely would go to the hunts and hunt with some of the dogs and try to learn some of them that way as opposed to "getting a few litters on the ground".

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 04-08-2019 12:20 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MLMCADAMS
UKC Forum Member

Litters

His first litter was born I wanna say 3 weeks ago. And I go to hunts I’m an NSD hunt director. Everyone I’ve spoke with have told me my male and female both should make a great cross just figured this would be a good way to learn bloodlines by asking people who like wise own curs on a forum dedicated to curs but guess I was wrong. And these will probably be his only two litters until I get feedback on how they turn out if he doesn’t throw nothing I’m not worried about breeding him but I also know u can have one of the best bred dogs in the world and it never throw a single pup worth a **** just trying to learn the different bloodlines but this is clearly not the place to learn em

Old Post 04-08-2019 02:42 AM