UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Re: Alpha 100 garmin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Alpha 100 garmin

DOES THE ALPHA COME WITH THE BIRDS EYE INCLUDED
I,D LIKE TO UPDATE BUT NEVER USED THE ALPHA AND NEED SOME ADVICE
THANK YOU

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-24-2017 02:30 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

No, it doesn't. You have to buy a $30 subscription to download it or buy a preloaded map card for each state. Those are $90 but a heck of a lot simpler than loading your own maps.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-24-2017 02:49 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
No, it doesn't. You have to buy a $30 subscription to download it or buy a preloaded map card for each state. Those are $90 but a heck of a lot simpler than loading your own maps.

thanks jim

Old Post 07-24-2017 02:57 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lipperman22
UKC Forum Member

My alpha came with 1 year FREE Birdseye satellite images. I got it at scheels

Old Post 07-24-2017 03:47 AM
Lipperman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lipperman22 Click here to Send Lipperman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lipperman22 Find more posts by Lipperman22 Add Lipperman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The ALPHA and the Astro 430 comes with one year free subscription. It has been electronically attached and all you have to do is download it. If downloading Birdseye is a problem for you and it is for many people. There there is a card out that has individual states on it along with landowner info that you can purchase. Those cards have ONE STATE on them and are around $80.

Old Post 07-24-2017 01:00 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce, I wasnt aware that they now come with the Birdseye subscription. Even so, I'll never make another map, too much hassle. I'll just buy the state card.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-24-2017 03:28 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
The ALPHA and the Astro 430 comes with one year free subscription. It has been electronically attached and all you have to do is download it. If downloading Birdseye is a problem for you and it is for many people. There there is a card out that has individual states on it along with landowner info that you can purchase. Those cards have ONE STATE on them and are around $80.

SO CAN YOU PUT ONLY 1 STATE ON ONE SD CARD ??
AND DO YOU HAVE TO PAY YEARLY FOR THE SUBSCRIBTION???
BRUCE ARE YOU GOING TO BE AT AUTUM OAKS...AND WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO SET UP THANKS

Last edited by AndyMiller on 07-24-2017 at 10:52 PM

Old Post 07-24-2017 10:49 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

NO. When you get the ALPHA you get a one subscription to Birdseye. That means for one year you can download all you want. After the year you can still use what you have downloaded. Just cannot download anymore.

The Huntview cards are SD cards that Garmin sells for people that don't have the time, talent or computer to download Birdseye. It is already done for you with one state on each card. Those are $80

I have seen more handhelds messed up by people not knowing what they are doing and downloading all types of things into their astros and alphas than any other problem.

Yes we are planning on being set up at Autumn Oaks at the same spot we have had for years. Should be right on the corner at the 1st main intersection. We are beside the building you buy food in and across the street from the Show Building. Right next to where the police set up their trailer.

Old Post 07-24-2017 11:13 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
NO. When you get the ALPHA you get a one subscription to Birdseye. That means for one year you can download all you want. After the year you can still use what you have downloaded. Just cannot download anymore.

The Huntview cards are SD cards that Garmin sells for people that don't have the time, talent or computer to download Birdseye. It is already done for you with one state on each card. Those are $80

I have seen more handhelds messed up by people not knowing what they are doing and downloading all types of things into their astros and alphas than any other problem.

Yes we are planning on being set up at Autumn Oaks at the same spot we have had for years. Should be right on the corner at the 1st main intersection. We are beside the building you buy food in and across the street from the Show Building. Right next to where the police set up their trailer.

THANK YOU BRUCE I,LL SEE THIER //HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE A DEAL IF NOT ITS FINE
I HAVE THE 320 WITH 2 DC40 COLLARS WORKS 100%

Old Post 07-25-2017 11:04 PM
hilltopper
UKC Forum Member

garmin

I live in eastern wv I can be in pa or md in 5 mimites ,is there a way to make a card like that I hunt all three states

Old Post 07-26-2017 03:57 PM
hilltopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltopper Click here to Send hilltopper a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltopper Find more posts by hilltopper Add hilltopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by AndyMiller
THANK YOU BRUCE I,LL SEE THIER //HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE A DEAL IF NOT ITS FINE
I HAVE THE 320 WITH 2 DC40 COLLARS WORKS 100%

SO CUD I BUY THE SAME MAP CARD AND PUT IT IN MY 320 ??? IF THATS THE CASE I WILL BUY A CARD ,,,,INSTEAD OF THE ALPHA

Old Post 07-30-2017 10:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am not trying to sell a card. I am just answering questions. Yes they work in Astro 320 and Alpha. Just have to have the latest updates ib your handhelds.

Old Post 07-31-2017 01:24 AM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I am not trying to sell a card. I am just answering questions. Yes they work in Astro 320 and Alpha. Just have to have the latest updates ib your handhelds.

THATS OK BRUCE .. I UNDERSTAND.. AND APPRICIATE YOUR HELP

Old Post 07-31-2017 02:05 AM