UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > coon htx hunts for curs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HEADLINESKENNEL
UKC Forum Member

coon htx hunts for curs

I asked this question on the ukc cur hunts facebook page. Do they have coon htx hunts for curs? There was guys that said they do and one guy said his club has had them before. I called ukc to find out about them and they said they don't have them. There is getting to be quite a few guys around our club that are hunting curs now but there's no hunts for them to get in. Our club is going to start having shows and coon hunts for them so i figured we'd have some htx hunts for them also but i'm getting conflicting answers about them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2018 04:25 PM
HEADLINESKENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HEADLINESKENNEL Click here to Send HEADLINESKENNEL a Private Message Click Here to Email HEADLINESKENNEL Find more posts by HEADLINESKENNEL Add HEADLINESKENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Hoberg
UKC Forum Member

can hold cur & coonhound htx the same night?

Old Post 01-16-2018 06:18 PM
Travis Hoberg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Hoberg Click here to Send Travis Hoberg a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Hoberg Find more posts by Travis Hoberg Add Travis Hoberg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Hoberg
UKC Forum Member

yes you can

Old Post 01-19-2018 10:46 PM
Travis Hoberg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis Hoberg Click here to Send Travis Hoberg a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis Hoberg Find more posts by Travis Hoberg Add Travis Hoberg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HEADLINESKENNEL
UKC Forum Member

I called UKC again this week and asked them about cur htx hunts for coon and they said they don't have them.

Old Post 01-21-2018 04:58 AM
HEADLINESKENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HEADLINESKENNEL Click here to Send HEADLINESKENNEL a Private Message Click Here to Email HEADLINESKENNEL Find more posts by HEADLINESKENNEL Add HEADLINESKENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis Hoberg
UKC Forum Member

joe newlin told me yes & its in the squirrel rules book I printed off the site.

Old Post 02-02-2018 05:27 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

I don't believe there is any distinction between a "Cur" HTX Event or a "Coonhound" HTX Event...

Since dogs are evaluated on an individual level, Curs and Hounds can enter the same HTX events specifically for coon. It's different with Nite Hunts, Curs and Hounds have their own formats for Nite Hunts.

So, if you see any HTX events listed through the Coonhound Event listings, you could haul your cur dog over to that event and enter it, no problem.

The only difference when evaluating a Cur is that they are not required to open on track. You will notice that if you look at an HTX evaluation form, it specifically states "Hound Only" next to the requirement for opening on track. The language is also non-specific throughout the evaluation form as to Hound or Cur. It simply states "Dog".

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 02-04-2018 at 04:36 AM

Old Post 02-04-2018 04:32 AM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote