UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Garmin???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

Garmin???

Got a couple collars that lose communication with dog when he's 50 yards or so out then sometimes it does good out farther just started this today! What do y'all think it is? Needs reset updated new antenna or what? Thanks in advance!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-11-2012 12:23 AM
AFricks88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AFricks88 Click here to Send AFricks88 a Private Message Find more posts by AFricks88 Add AFricks88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

I'd try antenna if u have regular Garmin antennas . Since I went to all tuff skins had no problems but b4 changed them bout once a year.

Old Post 08-11-2012 03:21 AM
TBBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBBLUE Click here to Send TBBLUE a Private Message Find more posts by TBBLUE Add TBBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

If it's all your collars could be handheld. Are they 30 or 40 collars. A 320 or 220 .but probably antenna on collar.

Old Post 08-11-2012 03:41 AM
blacktandog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacktandog Click here to Send blacktandog a Private Message Find more posts by blacktandog Add blacktandog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

dc30

There dc30s just started today no problems last time hunting! They still have the original antenna! When was the latest update? I may need to do that! Mine hasn't been updated in about 2 years!

Old Post 08-11-2012 03:48 AM
AFricks88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AFricks88 Click here to Send AFricks88 a Private Message Find more posts by AFricks88 Add AFricks88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

The update to the triple blink helped mine. I haven't noticed any different since that update, but there have been a few. If all the collars started this at same time could be antenna on handheld I've hear of that happening if you screw the antenna out and look at the bottom where it screws on it should be a little wire looking thing in the middle

Old Post 08-11-2012 04:04 AM
blacktandog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacktandog Click here to Send blacktandog a Private Message Find more posts by blacktandog Add blacktandog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Muleup
UKC Forum Member

Garmin

If it's a 220. The antena breaks inside the receiver. Just happened to me. Double u supply fixed mine . Cost me 50 bucks is all. Where it's both collors I'll bet that's the problem.

Old Post 08-11-2012 12:56 PM
Muleup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Muleup Click here to Send Muleup a Private Message Click Here to Email Muleup Find more posts by Muleup Add Muleup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

Yea but I had 5 collars on 3 were fine and 2 was acting up!

Old Post 08-11-2012 02:11 PM
blacktandog
UKC Forum Member

Try deleting the collars track log when it's full it has trouble

Old Post 08-12-2012 05:43 PM
AFricks88
UKC Forum Member

thanks

I took ant off collar and cleaned connection and reset collar seem to be ok now! Thanks guys!

Old Post 08-13-2012 12:35 AM