UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > razor
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

razor

what was the best cross on Razor for titled dogs?

the most grnite dogs?

the most nitech dogs?

the most dogs that could tree their own coon alone?

and last off, what is the most winningest razor pup? Hunts only please.

thank you!
Lizz

Last edited by RED REBELS on 04-08-2013 at 01:09 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2013 09:32 PM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crhorses
UKC Forum Member

Razor

The cross with Nite Ch Ch Sassafras Burning Breeze produced 4 Nite Ch so far one one litter not sure on any others.

Dan Rankin

Old Post 04-07-2013 11:29 PM
crhorses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crhorses Click here to Send crhorses a Private Message Click Here to Email crhorses Visit crhorses's homepage! Find more posts by crhorses Add crhorses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cubruncoon
UKC Forum Member

I like what I see in razors grand pups.. I own 2 and they got fire and grit.. and coon crazy.. and there outta 2 separate dogs. but act the same... my last count is that razor had 32 nitech and 4 grnitech. if everything goes good and no bad luck im going to add 2 more to the titled list this year

PR BACON CREEK NO JOKE MOJO

PR BACON CREEK WE ROLL

JAMES ASHLEY 2702181087

Old Post 04-07-2013 11:46 PM
cubruncoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cubruncoon Click here to Send cubruncoon a Private Message Click Here to Email cubruncoon Find more posts by cubruncoon Add cubruncoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Mr Ashley, i wasnt asking total on Razor, i can look in the book for that but thank you.

I was asking what was the best cross? Which cross produced the most nitech and grnites? And what is the most night hunt winningest Razor offspring.

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:07 AM
RED REBELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RED REBELS Click here to Send RED REBELS a Private Message Find more posts by RED REBELS Add RED REBELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cubruncoon
UKC Forum Member

ms liz

my bad

PR BACON CREEK WE ROLL

JAMES ASHLEY 2702181087

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:15 AM
cubruncoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cubruncoon Click here to Send cubruncoon a Private Message Click Here to Email cubruncoon Find more posts by cubruncoon Add cubruncoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cubruncoon
UKC Forum Member

treerizinkennels.com has all of that info

PR BACON CREEK WE ROLL

JAMES ASHLEY 2702181087

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:19 AM
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

I didnt mean to be rude I just want to keep on the specific subject, lol

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:21 AM
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Im really looking forward to the answers

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:22 AM
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cubruncoon
treerizinkennels.com has all of that info

Not really, i've looked quite extensively

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:23 AM
cubruncoon
UKC Forum Member

i've looked my self nobody talks much about razors pups... all I hear about is his grand pups... I hunted with lockdown logo last night at a red bone sectional in Elizabeth town in ky... and he was a fine hound.. got best over all hunt win..

PR BACON CREEK WE ROLL

JAMES ASHLEY 2702181087

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:27 AM
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Is Logo a son or grandson?

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:38 AM
cubruncoon
UKC Forum Member

logo id directly out of razor... the owner gary is going to finish him to grand... he is 9yr old but what I seen last night acted like a 4yr old

PR BACON CREEK WE ROLL

JAMES ASHLEY 2702181087

Old Post 04-08-2013 01:41 AM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Nite Ch Ch Soggy Bottom Bombers Red Wire (pigeon)

Pigeon was a good cross for Razor and my favorite. Grand Nite Penny, Grand Nite Daisy and Nite Champ Zoe were out of that cross. Of course I am biased since I still own Pigeon......

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 04-08-2013 03:07 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tree Rizin CC
UKC Forum Member

Razor

what was the best cross on Razor for titled dogs?

the most grnite dogs?

the most nitech dogs?

the most dogs that could tree their own coon alone?

and last off, what is the most winningest razor pup? Hunts only please.

Razor x GRCH Golden Woods Flamin Ann
(uncle x niece cross made 3 times. I have hunted with several pups from this cross and they were all phenominal. Most of these pups did not make it in competition hands.)
2 NITECH's
1 died with a 1st place win

Razor x NITECH GRCH 'PR' Trailyn Redneck Woman (Gretchen)
2 NITECH's

Razor x GRCH GRNITECH Outlaw Annie Oakley
2 NITECH's

Razor x NITECH 'PR' Hunter's Sweet Virginia April
(uncle x niece cross made twice. Probably one of the best crosses.)
2 NITECH's

Razor x GRCH Tree Rizin' Triple Crown
(This cross was made twice and is one of my favorites)
3 NITECH's

Razor x GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
(This cross was made once and turned out very good)
2 NITECH's

Razor x NITECH CH 'PR' Wyatt's Pretty Girl
(This cross was made once and turned out very good)
2 NITECH's

Razor x NITECH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire
(I have never hunted with any pups from this cross. This cross produced the most GRNITECH's off of razor. I wish I could hunt with some of these pups.)
2 GRNITECH's
1 NITECH

Razor x NITECH GRCH 'PR' Sassafras' Burning Breeze
(Meredith Sloan leased Breeze to the Childers to make this cross. Percentage and total titled dogs, this was the best cross made on Razor. One female is not titled from this cross and she is a pet. I have hunted with Abe out of this cross and he is one of my favorite hounds. He is top notch.)
4 NITECH's

Razor x NITECH CH 'PR' Noss' So Mtn Showtime Molly
(This is a full brother x full sister cross that produced three females. NITECH Speed is one of Rob's all-time favorites. Bell is back at Tree Rizin Kennels and will be campaigned in the coming weekends.)
1 NITECH

Razor x NITECH GRCH Childers' Tree Rizin' Star
(This cross was made 3, maybe 4 times. This is another one of my favorites. The best female I have ever been in the woods with is NITECH Amber out of this cross.)
1 GRNITECH
3 NITECH's
1 died just needed a place.
2 are being campaigned and are very close to finishing to NITECH.
2 are being campaigned to GRNITECH.

Razor x GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Marcum's KY Red Molley II
1 NITECH

Razor x NITECH 'PR' Butternut Creek Red Shady Lady
(This cross was made one time and produced two pups. GRNITECH Spike is the best dog I have been in the woods with. Percentage this will probably be the best cross on Razor.)
1 GRNITECH
Music is owned by Marlin Martin and I am handling her right now in the hunts. She currently has 2 2nd's and 1 3rd and points toward show champion.

Razor x NITECH 'PR' Whited's Tree Slammin Sadie
1 NITECH

Razor x CH Chirico's Chestnut Ridge Ruby Red
1 NITECH

Razor x GRCH Lee's Redhot Breeze
1 NITECH

Razor x CH Ratliff's Outlaw Mistletoe
1 NITECH

Razor x Prior's Red Cassy
1 NITECH

Razor x NITECH CH 'PR' Key's Outlaw Pearl
1 NITECH

Razor x GRCH Sidearm Lil' Red Ridin' Hood
1 NITECH

I apologize to any owners of the females if I missed some of their titles. I am pretty sure that I could have missed a few titles.

These crosses/numbers should show you all the information you are looking for.

I have never hunted with a Razor pup who could not tree their own coon alone. I bought one back off the flamin Ann cross that had bad legs from being abused and we found her a great pet home with an elderly couple. She could still tree her own coon pretty well for the shape she was in.

As for the most winningest Razor pup, I would say that the below dogs probably fall into that category.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Ratliff's Outlaw PL Red Penny
(Penny is owned by Jason and Buck. I believe Penny has the most $KC wins and probably ranks up their in the UKC wins as well.)
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Razor Sharp Spike
NITECH CH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' RAZOR'S RANSOM
(Ransom finished with many many cast wins before he got a 1st place)
NITECH FCH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Razor's Lockdown Logo
(Logo is being campainged to GRNITECH right now. Logo finished with many many cast wins before he got a 1st place)
NITECH CH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' CASE DOUBLE X (X)
(X is being campaigned right now. He is racking up the wins. He is probably my favorite dog next to Spike and with age will probably be a better dog than Spike. Watch out for X in the coming events.)

The uncle x niece crosses made on Razor account for:
1 GRNITECH
4 NITECH and one more coming soon.
My personal favorite Razor pups come from the three uncle x niece crosses made on Razor. This combination made great coondogs. I also really like the Razor x Breeze cross and the Razor x Star crosses. I have hunted with many of the pups out of the Razor crosses and you cannot go wrong with any of them. I hope this helps.

Treerizinredbones.com/welcome

Thanks,
Chris

Home of GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Razor Sharp Spike DNA-P (Razor X Shady Lady)
Home of GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Case Double X (Razor X April)
Home of GRNITECH CH 'PR' Thistle Ridge Razors Red Amber DNA-VIP (Razor X Star)

In Loving Memory of:
GRNITECH GRCH AKC NTCH 'PR' KEY'S OUTLAW RAZOR RED DNA-P
* 2001 Purina Outstanding Redbone Hunting Dog of the Year
* 2001 National Redbone Days Best Overall Dog of Hunt
* UKC #1 Historical Reproducing Redbone Sire of ALL Time

Old Post 04-08-2013 04:05 AM
Tree Rizin CC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tree Rizin CC Click here to Send Tree Rizin CC a Private Message Click Here to Email Tree Rizin CC Find more posts by Tree Rizin CC Add Tree Rizin CC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RED REBELS
UKC Forum Member

Now my next question, a few of those crosses were made 2 or 3 times but only produced 1 or 2 titled dogs... why?

Old Post 04-08-2013 03:26 PM
TRRedbones
UKC Forum Member

I can answer that one very easily...

#1- Although we LOVE Razor and the puppies we have produced that were properly campaigned by competent redbone people that also competition hunted, we also realize that, just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER HOUND EVER MADE, he doesn't walk on water. Some puppies just do not make it. Period. Dot. End of Story.

#2- And I've said this one so much that it is ridiculous--- We were not always diligent enough in placing his puppies. Many went to non-campaigning homes of one kind or another over the years and many litters were not owned by us so we had no control over where those puppies went at all.

#3- Regardless of the fact that you are dismissing all titles other than hunting titles, we do not! Therefore, many Razor pups have been campaigned in other venues besides the hunts and we are equally proud of those puppies and their owners! I've printed those stats on this board many times. I am not aware of any redbone that has produced more titles collectively than Razor has... both in the hunts AND overall.

Whether you are a Razor supporter or not is your decision and we respect it either way. However, it is probably a mute point at this stage of the game since we will use the semen very sparingly and his youngest pups (aside from this new litter) are over 2 1/2 yrs old). Easily the majority of his puppies are in their permanent homes now or have already passed on so the opportunities to get direct Razor descendants are few and far between.

The reason that you don't hear a lot of push, push, push from us to try to cram Razor down everyones throat is because we don't need to nor do we want to. Enough people believe in this line and will continue to hunt Razor pups, if they can get their hands on them, to make it worth it to us to bring out a new batch every now and then.

We'll never overuse his semen and flood the market with Razor puppies because we can't do all of them justice and for the EXACT criticism that you are trying to invoke above. Why create excess puppies that we don't have time to campaign? We breed when we want a puppy. We will breed Razor to what suits us, and every now and then, a few of those pups may land in trusted hands. But- honestly, I don't ever see us mass producing for the every day Joe. Our goal in putting Razor semen up was to make sure that Rob, Chris, and Dave and their children always have Razor puppies to hunt. We began putting that semen up after Razor won Purina and National Redbone Days and WELL before we knew he would become the breed's top historical reproducing sire. Although we feel greatly blessed that he has become such a great producer, our intention was to save for a rainy day. The rest has just been icing on the cake.

I will say, though, as I always do- that much of what a puppy becomes is a direct result of the fabulous redbone trainers and competition hunters that dedicate themselves to coonhunting and a good dog. Razor would be unrecognized, just as MANY other potentially GREAT reproducers are, without the dedication of those men. That's why I always try to acknowledge those that have helped campaign Razor puppies when I get the opportunity.

Razor's reproducing ability is standing the test of time. We're proud of him and we are very proud of everyone who has jumped on board Team Razor - whether for ONE hound or for many. Again- thank you all!

Now- if anyone else would like information about Razor, your ABSOLUTE BEST SOURCE is to contact Rob- who has dedicated his life to Razor & his puppies. His number is 937-336-1997. Please feel free to call him.

If you want information on his offspring, again- your best source would be ROB, CHRIS, OR DAVE. TEXT ME @ 937-336-6010 and I will be happy to give you Dave & Chris' numbers.

Rob does NOT get on the computer EVER and I do not use the UKC board unless I am congratulating someone on a win or listing something for sale so our cell phones are best. Thanks.

Home of GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Razor Sharp Spike DNA-P {Razor X NTCH Shady Lady}

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Case Double X {Razor X NTCH April}

NITECH CCH CH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Dark Hunter (Wrath)

NITECH CH 'PR' Tree Rizin' Razor's 2nd Amendment (Jag) {Razor X CCH CH INT CH Treasure}

NITECH RBIMBS CCH GRCH 'PR' Anlon's Do I Dazzle You (Bella-- Razor X Trippy)

In Loving Memory of:
GRNITECH GRCH AKC NTCH 'PR' KEY'S OUTLAW RAZOR RED DNA-P
* 2001 Purina Outstanding Redbone Hunting Dog of the Year
* 2001 National Redbone Days Best Overall Dog of Hunt

* UKC #1 ALL-TIME Historical Reproducing Redbone Sire!!!

Campaigning Home to 2001 Purina Outstanding Redbone of Hunt (Razor) & 2008 Purina Outstanding Redbone of Show (Sydney)

Find us on FACEBOOK now!

We Praise The Lord For Our Success!!

Last edited by TRRedbones on 04-09-2013 at 02:04 AM

Old Post 04-09-2013 01:59 AM
TRRedbones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TRRedbones Click here to Send TRRedbones a Private Message Click Here to Email TRRedbones Visit TRRedbones's homepage! Find more posts by TRRedbones Add TRRedbones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rickp
UKC Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for asking this question and thanks TRREDBONES
For the detailed answer. I enjoy hunting a lot. I can say one thing my Razor dog Rush is an every night coonhound he needs no help. He is an outstanding tree dog and I'm not bragging. That is a fact. He handels good. What he has he was born with . He is a Nite Champion but more importantly to me he's a real coonhound . I don't know why this cross was made I'm just glad it was .

GRNITECH GRCH PRUITT'S REBEL RED(GRNITECH GRCH PR KEYS OUTLAW RAZOR RED XGRCH CCH TREE RIZIN SOME KINDA WONDERFUL)
GRNITECH PRUITT'S BUCK (NITE CHAMPION PRUITT'S CHIEF X PRUITT'S MISS MOLLY)
NITE CHAMPION PRUITT'S CHIEF ( GRCH GRNITECH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE CH SOGGYBOTTOM LOCKET DOWN )
NITECH CH 'PR' TREE RIZIN' RAZOR'S RUSH ( RIP )(GRNITECH GRCH' KEY'S OUTLAW RAZOR RED X GRNITECH GRCH'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM T-TOP SHADOW)
NITECH PRUITT'S MAGGIE MAE (GRNITECH THE RED ROCKER X GRNITECH CH PR GUITAR'S GHOST MISSISSIPPI )
PRUITT'S MISS MOLLY ( CH YELLOW RIVER RED COPPER X FICKEN'S LATE NIGHT STAR )

Last edited by rickp on 04-09-2013 at 05:02 AM

Old Post 04-09-2013 03:48 AM
rickp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rickp Click here to Send rickp a Private Message Click Here to Email rickp Find more posts by rickp Add rickp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote