UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Great hunt with Tar
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Great hunt with Tar

Well tonight I loaded up and headed east down route 32 to Marietta Ok and the home of the infamous Yadkin Tar for a little pleasure hunting with him and our good buddy Nick Cain. After a few pleasantries and taking a gander at the big picture of Tar and Bozz on his living room wall along with a huge trophy...we were off to the woods.

Started at a place called lovers lane. Funny how this came to be, but Iíll leave that in the woods.

As Nick and I was getting our dogs out, low and behold Tar had already turned loose....guess he needed a head start...Nick didnít even have a collar on yet.....lol.

It was obvious how this was gonna go.

Dogs all stuck in and finally sat down about 750yds....we drove around, walked in and within seconds the coon was seen...

Moved around to a different spot....dropped the tailgate and let em go. No babbling here from the two NTCHs and the PKC silver champ. About 400 yds, we put em on the paper. Coon was seen walking in and we called it a night.

I am pretty sure I had 450+, at least thatís how I remember it. All joking aside, we had the dog power that did awesome in this dry Ok heat, putting up two.

It was a Great night with Tar and Nick tonight. Lots of old stories of hunts past. We joked to how we would vote in the cast if needed, as you would expect, Tar always was on the best side of the vote. Funny how that worked out.

Best saying of the night was from Tar talking about an old dog..ĒRough as a **** house mouseĒ. Lol

Until the next Tar adventure....

Get Treed!

Home of:

PR Tripleí Tís All Grand Black Ops Opie (All Grand)
GRNTCH GRCH Stylish Extra Sassy (All Grand)
GRNTCH Insane Xena (All Grand)
GRNTCH Harryís Stylish Frannie (All Grand)
NTCH Amazing Grace
PR Triple Tís Lady Luck Max (All Grand)
GRNTCH Stylish Reno (semen)
GRCH NTCH Briar Cliff Battle (semen) (GRNTCH Babeís Stylish Banjo x GRCH Briar Cliff Racie)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-08-2019 08:02 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tim

Betting we're gonna hear another version of this story and we all know can't everybody have 450+ on two.

Old Post 08-08-2019 11:20 AM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

The funniest part was nicks female was in heat is why we all took females we cut loose they got struck we go to catch up only drive about 50 yrds and there stands a big ole German Shepard and he was on the scent ! Tim asked nick somthing about xbred puppies lol. And it was on then lol.

Had a good time and no one man didnít have 450 on two coons. The way I voted he didnít lol.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-08-2019 at 01:11 PM

Old Post 08-08-2019 12:27 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Thanks Tim

In 63 days we might have some Treeing Shepherds or some German Walkers....lol. Old Nick was a little worried.

Home of:

NTCH Amazing Grace
GRCH NTCH Briar Cliff Battle (semen) (GRNTCH Babeís Stylish Banjo x GRCH Briar Cliff Racie)

Last edited by Tim Green on 08-08-2019 at 01:47 PM

Old Post 08-08-2019 01:44 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

Bring her to my house we can use dads stud dog. Lol

Old Post 08-08-2019 04:08 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freakyone
Banned

Tar said he had a stomach ache and on the first tree pooped his pants , He said you Texas boys never knew a thing lol .

Old Post 08-08-2019 05:05 PM
freakyone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freakyone Click here to Send freakyone a Private Message Click Here to Email freakyone Find more posts by freakyone Add freakyone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Great hunt with Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
Well tonight I loaded up and headed east down route 32 to Marietta Ok and the home of the infamous Yadkin Tar for a little pleasure hunting with him and our good buddy Nick Cain. After a few pleasantries and taking a gander at the big picture of Tar and Bozz on his living room wall along with a huge trophy...we were off to the woods.

Started at a place called lovers lane. Funny how this came to be, but Iíll leave that in the woods.

As Nick and I was getting our dogs out, low and behold Tar had already turned loose....guess he needed a head start...Nick didnít even have a collar on yet.....lol.

It was obvious how this was gonna go.

Dogs all stuck in and finally sat down about 750yds....we drove around, walked in and within seconds the coon was seen...

Moved around to a different spot....dropped the tailgate and let em go. No babbling here from the two NTCHs and the PKC silver champ. About 400 yds, we put em on the paper. Coon was seen walking in and we called it a night.

I am pretty sure I had 450+, at least thatís how I remember it. All joking aside, we had the dog power that did awesome in this dry Ok heat, putting up two.

It was a Great night with Tar and Nick tonight. Lots of old stories of hunts past. We joked to how we would vote in the cast if needed, as you would expect, Tar always was on the best side of the vote. Funny how that worked out.

Best saying of the night was from Tar talking about an old dog..ĒRough as a **** house mouseĒ. Lol

Until the next Tar adventure....

Get Treed!

Say it ain't so! Two trees with all 3 dogs on each of those trees? Per the modern day mindset, two of those dogs on each tree are covering pieces of $*#!! And to top it off, you all had a great time in spite of this! I just can't believe it!

Gone but not forgotten: Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Beckyís Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Old Post 08-08-2019 05:52 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

Not everything is subject to change Vic lol. We donít have to throw away our roots just because it makes others happy we just do what makes us happy. And you couldnít have seen a better time than we had last night.

Tar

Old Post 08-08-2019 05:59 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Wow! I enjoyed that hunt and I wasn't even there, it's nice to see dogs hunt , run and tree on the same tree. Dave

Old Post 08-08-2019 10:01 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Wow! I enjoyed that hunt and I wasn't even there, it's nice to see dogs hunt , run and tree on the same tree. Dave

Dave,

It really was a great time. Just three friends and three good dogs. Lots of laughs and actually saw a couple coons.

Tim

Home of:

NTCH Amazing Grace

Old Post 08-09-2019 06:16 AM
oldsouth123
New UKC Forum Member

Tar

That is the way we hunted.Back in the old days we got together,every one took a dog and loaded them in the trunk of the car and off we went.We treed possums ,treed a coon every once in a while ,ran a few foxes and a few rabbits.We didn't have deer back then.We laughed, played,joked around,took turns climbing the trees and were so dumb,we thought we were having fun until we started reading the magazines about all of the great coon dogs.Back then ,the dogs hunted together ,ran together and treed together and we would run and see who could get to the tree first.When we did tree a coon we shook him out and had some great races.As I said we laughed and bragged on whose dog got first tree and had bragging rites until the next tree.It's a shame we were so dumb we actually thought we were having fun.I wish the youth of today could experience this and have some fun.

Old Post 08-09-2019 06:39 AM
oldsouth123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldsouth123 Click here to Send oldsouth123 a Private Message Find more posts by oldsouth123 Add oldsouth123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Oldsouth 123

Lol. Sure brings back some fond memories, wish I was still that "dumb". We really had fun back in those days, dogs hunting and treeing together ALL the time. It was rare to have a dog split tree, I still love those kind of hunts. Dave

Old Post 08-09-2019 09:06 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I remember those days when you bragged/argued about whose dog treed first. Does that make me an old fart? Now hunters brag about whose dog snuck off and treed by themselves.

Old Post 08-09-2019 01:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by oldsouth123
That is the way we hunted.Back in the old days we got together,every one took a dog and loaded them in the trunk of the car and off we went.We treed possums ,treed a coon every once in a while ,ran a few foxes and a few rabbits.We didn't have deer back then.We laughed, played,joked around,took turns climbing the trees and were so dumb,we thought we were having fun until we started reading the magazines about all of the great coon dogs.Back then ,the dogs hunted together ,ran together and treed together and we would run and see who could get to the tree first.When we did tree a coon we shook him out and had some great races.As I said we laughed and bragged on whose dog got first tree and had bragging rites until the next tree.It's a shame we were so dumb we actually thought we were having fun.I wish the youth of today could experience this and have some fun.

The whole game was about fun back then. Buuuuuut they talk about elimination style hunts and hunting dogs thatís style fits the rules in those hunts. ............. We had them. 3 long hours trying to stay off mistakes. You took a babbler you went home early. The dog that was the faster track dog and locator in the pack in heads up competition won. Circle trees didnít win you squat !! Most dogs were well trained to handle because we didnít have tracking systems back then.

Elimination style hunts !! how many dogs would be eliminated now days if they had to hunt by the rules we did ?

Tar

Old Post 08-09-2019 02:11 PM