UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Too High to buy.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Too High to buy.

Said good buy the V----- Dog Food. I really loved the feed, and don’t think you can get any better. But they had another price increase. It was high from the start, then came a new bag design with a price increase. I sucked it up and kept buying. Well week before last I pick up two 40 lbs bags, that totaled $94.00 I’m done, time to find another quality feed. Any suggestion?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2018 01:45 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tully
UKC Forum Member

Valu-Pak Free

Enter your town in the search box to find your nearest dealer.

http://www.maptive.com/ver3/09c4568...65fc6b6b319f268

Grnitech Grch4 $KC Ch Sky's Bawlin' Blue Rocket
Rocket's Dowd Creed Wack
Emma's Blue Power Amigo
Ch Rocket's T&T Gnarly Blue Smash
00 Dowd Creek Wack
Rocket's Dowd Creek Lil Deuce

641-352-0706

Old Post 02-21-2018 01:57 PM
Tully is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tully Click here to Send Tully a Private Message Click Here to Email Tully Find more posts by Tully Add Tully to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Nutrina brands. I feed several different blends of them. Currently feeding 50 lb bag . Cost me $27. I get mine at local feed store. I fed an average of 5 cups a day per hound in this Ohio winter and they look and act great.

Old Post 02-21-2018 02:03 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

How much is value-pak for 50 lbs.?

Old Post 02-21-2018 02:49 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tully
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt
How much is value-pak for 50 lbs.?

It all depends on what percentage blends. $23-$27 for 50# bags.

Grnitech Grch4 $KC Ch Sky's Bawlin' Blue Rocket
Rocket's Dowd Creed Wack
Emma's Blue Power Amigo
Ch Rocket's T&T Gnarly Blue Smash
00 Dowd Creek Wack
Rocket's Dowd Creek Lil Deuce

641-352-0706

Old Post 02-21-2018 02:59 PM
Tully is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tully Click here to Send Tully a Private Message Click Here to Email Tully Find more posts by Tully Add Tully to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

4 health tractor supply same as victor

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:06 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey

I checked the prices, maybe a little higher than victor.

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:16 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I just went out to feed had to heat the snaps to get them open on the dog pens brought granny home from Corey's because babe came in heat he feeds purina dog chow she took a dookie and it looked like a big ole yellow ear of corn laying there I feed victor purple bag $36 for 40 lbs I will pay it to keep from having to look at that plus victor grows good tamatoes too lol !!

Tar

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:31 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I just went out to feed had to heat the snaps to get them open on the dog pens brought granny home from Corey's because babe came in heat he feeds purina dog chow she took a dookie and it looked like a big ole yellow ear of corn laying there I feed victor purple bag $36 for 40 lbs I will pay it to keep from having to look at that plus victor grows good tamatoes too lol !!

Tar

I feed Purina performance and it’s 39$ a bag at Rural king. I just used up the rest of my 7$ checks from Purina, which made it around 32$ a bag. My dogs stool is normal and little clean up. You should try the purple bag of Purina Robert, before you get barred.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-21-2018 03:53 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

My hounds don't eat as good as some. Couldn't stand it if they went faster, deeper and made me walk to more trees with coon. Hunters Blend I buy a ton delivered $ 19 for 50# I'm retired, live on a fixed income and have plenty of time to clean pens.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-21-2018 05:15 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by MIKE CARDER
I feed Purina performance and it’s 39$ a bag at Rural king. I just used up the rest of my 7$ checks from Purina, which made it around 32$ a bag. My dogs stool is normal and little clean up. You should try the purple bag of Purina Robert, before you get barred.

I tried it they get to hot on it here in the summer I wish I could use it I got a bunch of points built up.

Tar

Old Post 02-21-2018 05:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Yates
UKC Forum Member

You dont need another dog food. You need another retailer. I give way less than that.

Old Post 02-21-2018 05:57 PM
Dale Yates is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Yates Click here to Send Dale Yates a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Yates Find more posts by Dale Yates Add Dale Yates to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I just a little bit ago gave $35.99 for a bag of victor purple bag but I don't have to feed as much I feed mine twice a day a little bit over half a small coffee can every once in a while atwoods has it for $27 I buy several bags then. I don't mind spending a little extra on good food.

Tar

Old Post 02-21-2018 06:11 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I tried it they get to hot on it here in the summer I wish I could use it I got a bunch of points built up.

Tar

I am gonna cash some in. I think with the ones I just mailed in and what I had on account I have 35,000 it’s.

I switch in summer to Purina savors because of heat.
I don’t have any place close to get victor. I might try it.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-21-2018 06:41 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brett robertson
UKC Forum Member

Showtime, tried valu-pak for a few months, back to showtime.

Old Post 02-21-2018 06:52 PM
brett robertson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brett robertson Click here to Send brett robertson a Private Message Find more posts by brett robertson Add brett robertson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Pro plan in winter plain Purina in summer very little clean up. I like Victor but is just to high I sell victor at our hunting supply store and Purina we sell way more Purina than Victor

Old Post 02-21-2018 07:34 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

I like Ultra dog food.

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Old Post 02-21-2018 07:54 PM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

How many people actually have some sort of measurement for the amount of feed they feed. Half of a coffe can sounds like slot of feed. I can feed 2 hounds and a miniature schnauzer between 3-4 weeks on a 40lb bag of feed.

Old Post 02-21-2018 07:54 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

A half a small coffee can is two cups I might not give them quite that much of an evening but that's 24 hrs I guarentee I eat more than that lol

Tar

Old Post 02-21-2018 08:08 PM
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

A few dog food suppliers have new ownership. We bought 1000 lbs of sport mix 24 20 at the plant. They sold out, now you have to take a ton. The price is only 1 dollar a bag less than at the store. I understand Black Gold also sold out and stop making their maintenance feed, having to take a ton and have a forklift.

Old Post 02-21-2018 08:50 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tntelkhntr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey

4 Health is made by Diamond, it's almost exactly the same as Diamond Natural, I researched it awhile back

Old Post 02-21-2018 09:54 PM
tntelkhntr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tntelkhntr Click here to Send tntelkhntr a Private Message Find more posts by tntelkhntr Add tntelkhntr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I fed Nutreena Loyall for about a year and it is good feed. Nutreena makes the Good Frienda Grain Free food for Rural King and it is good feed for the money. Switched three months ago to Valu Pak to get a better price per bag and after an adjustment period the dogs are looking good on it. For some reason or another the dogs do better on the 28 20 or the 21 12 than they do on the 24 20 when it comes to solid and less stool. Don’t have a clue why that would be but they did the best when I mixed the 28 20 and the 21 12 together.

Old Post 02-21-2018 10:20 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rush Run Rebel
UKC Forum Member

too high

just started feeding valupak 24-20, dogs don't seem to like it the 3 month old pup kills it? is that a good enough protein for a pup?

Old Post 02-21-2018 10:49 PM
Rush Run Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rush Run Rebel Click here to Send Rush Run Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rush Run Rebel Find more posts by Rush Run Rebel Add Rush Run Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rush Run Rebel
UKC Forum Member

too high

just started feeding valupak 24-20, dogs don't seem to like it the 3 month old pup kills it? is that a good enough protein for a pup?

Old Post 02-21-2018 10:49 PM
Rush Run Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rush Run Rebel Click here to Send Rush Run Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rush Run Rebel Find more posts by Rush Run Rebel Add Rush Run Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H DOG
UKC Forum Member

Why not just feed Purina Pro Plan sport in my opinion no other feed compares to it

Old Post 02-22-2018 12:15 AM
H DOG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H DOG Click here to Send H DOG a Private Message Find more posts by H DOG Add H DOG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote