UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Hound training season for bear
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rebeldog4
UKC Forum Member

Hound training season for bear

I would appreciate if people would post their state and when their training season is and if it's open to non residents or odd rules.thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2018 08:49 PM
Rebeldog4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rebeldog4 Click here to Send Rebeldog4 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebeldog4 Add Rebeldog4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rebeldog4
UKC Forum Member

WI bear training season for hounds July and August can use bait(rules on bait)6 dogs only.no license or fee.resident and non resident

Old Post 02-21-2018 01:15 AM
Rebeldog4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rebeldog4 Click here to Send Rebeldog4 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebeldog4 Add Rebeldog4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rebeldog4
WI bear training season for hounds July and August can use bait(rules on bait)6 dogs only.no license or fee.resident and non resident
Better have your health papers and measure the distance your baits are off the road/trail, you will be checked.

Old Post 02-21-2018 11:27 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrburneisen
UKC Forum Member

NC Mountains

NC Mountains Hound Training Season on Public Land

Aug. 15th until Oct. 15th. Jan. 1- March 31st

Harvest season for 2017 was started on 10/15/17 but will start 10/1/18 next season.

It's different on the Eastern side of the state, I believe they can run a little longer in the spring, I only run dogs in the West.

NC requires a big game hunting license, a bear management e-stamp and game land use permit for everyone involved. Non-residents must also purchase a bear hunting license for an additional $225. I'm not sure if the bear hunting license for a non-resident applies to hound training, but it's worth calling the wildlife commission to be certain.

http://ncwildlife.org/Licensing/Hun...sident-Licenses

http://ncwildlife.org/Licensing/Privilege-Licenses

Old Post 02-21-2018 09:25 PM
mrburneisen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrburneisen Click here to Send mrburneisen a Private Message Click Here to Email mrburneisen Find more posts by mrburneisen Add mrburneisen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rebeldog4
UKC Forum Member

Thanks mrburneisen.I c lots of views but very few replies.dont worry I'm not planning to kill every bear in your area just looking for training options.It makes it a little easier to here from someone who knows the state rules because they can very so much from state to state.dont need all the rules just an idea of what they are.i can look up the rest .thanks to any that reply

Old Post 02-22-2018 03:52 PM