UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Toning
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rdmedders
UKC Forum Member

Toning

Does anyone tone there dog when they’re beating on a cold track ?
Instead of letting it stay in a area for 45 min without moving the track !
Would it affect the dog ?
Tone them back to the truck.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-01-2019 01:45 AM
rdmedders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rdmedders Click here to Send rdmedders a Private Message Click Here to Email rdmedders Find more posts by rdmedders Add rdmedders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Toning

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
Does anyone tone there dog when they’re beating on a cold track ?
Instead of letting it stay in a area for 45 min without moving the track !
Would it affect the dog ?
Tone them back to the truck.

I don't tone to bring the dog back. I tone to move the dog. It seems everyone likes to train differently. Some use the tone to recall or come (here) button or use it as a warning or use it to move the dog. Every dog is different but going off your other post is say just straight hunting her without getting too aggressive with the collar will pay off for you. I prefer font to apply juice to a dog but I'm not against it if it warrants it. I prefer to use the tone to move the dog out from where it is because I find it more useful.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 12-01-2019 03:24 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

You can use the tone feature to do multiple things. Dependent to how you apply it. If the dog can’t move the track and won’t leave the area I will move him and I won’t wait nowhere near 45 min

Old Post 12-01-2019 03:24 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

If have dog grubbing I walk in few times telling them to get a head and using the vibration on collar. Might have switch them and send them on. But after few time you can vibrate to make them move and use tone to bring them back. Crazy what you can do with alpha and some consistency.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 12-01-2019 05:20 AM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote