UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > FAMOUS AMOS x MILLERS RED BETSY
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preston Owens
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: I found, it here is part of it

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
Mr. Owens the -D usally stood for duplicate papers back years ago ,I lost my dogs papers once got new ones and the number was the same just -D behind it. If you look at the female your talking about she has an E in front of her number that designates she was coming from a single registered strain of dogs, if I'm looking at it right a female out her also had an E. Back then it is the same as now it takes 3 generations of known parentage to have "PR" status and lose the E reg number.

Thanks I thought so but wasnt sure, I didnt want to assume that it was a duplicate paper... Interesting

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2013 07:18 PM
Preston Owens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preston Owens Click here to Send Preston Owens a Private Message Find more posts by Preston Owens Add Preston Owens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Larry

pm sent

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 03-24-2013 07:28 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I used to keep Redbones ,in fact they were my first hounds ,had some Pokey Bill, Brunswick Little Man ,some Blakesley and Tousaint , but that was over 50 years back .I still love the looks of a good looking Red Dog .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 03-24-2013 07:57 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve guffey
UKC Forum Member

Re: FAMOUS AMOS x MILLERS RED BETSY

quote:
Originally posted by Larry D Walker
Looking for something line bred or with a lot of Amos and Betsy.

I think they were crossed more than once,

And I am pretty sure betsy was bred to Timber Jack atleast once.

Looking for this blood as much and as close up as possible.

Thanks Larry

I think I have a couple dog's here that has some amos & betsy. let me think. Yes! I do, They are 3 x Kate, 3 X Billy The Kid, 6 X Burning Ben, and 6 X Famous Amos. And that not counting all of Yellow River Red Doc, Yellow River red Rocky,Fireball, ect.

Old Post 03-25-2013 12:56 AM
steve guffey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve guffey Click here to Send steve guffey a Private Message Click Here to Email steve guffey Find more posts by steve guffey Add steve guffey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny McCleskey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Betsy

quote:
Do yall know if betsy was crossed to any other males,

And did Betsy and timber Jack reproduce

Was there any other titled dogs off the cross that produced Ben

How Many times was Amos and Betsy crossed.

Does anyone have a offspring report on Betsy

GrNiteCh Millers Red Betsy was bred to NiteCh Merchants Red Buck one time and to GrNiteCh Hunters Famous Amos two times and to GrNiteCh Dawns Timber Jack one time. There was only one pup from the cross with Timber Jack. Betsy was close to nine years old when she was bred to Timber Jack. Betsy may have been bred to Ox The Fox one time not sure about that.

Nite Hunt Titled Dogs I Owned

1986 Autumn Oaks National Grand Nite Ch Redbone
GrNiteCh GrCh Key River Rock

1992 Autumn Oaks National Grand Nite Ch Redbone
1992 Autumn Oaks - Overall High Scoring Redbone
GrNiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Doc

GrNiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Amy
NiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Amos
NiteCH Ch Johnos Red Sugar
NiteCh Ch Treefines Firecracker
NiteCh Flint Creek Miss Minnie
NiteCh GrCh Flint Creek Red Champ
NiteCh Guinns Rusty

Last edited by Danny McCleskey on 03-27-2013 at 02:33 AM

Old Post 03-25-2013 07:45 PM
Danny McCleskey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny McCleskey Click here to Send Danny McCleskey a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny McCleskey Find more posts by Danny McCleskey Add Danny McCleskey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redpower
UKC Forum Member

Re: Here is some more on ann

quote:

Larry what dog is this ped from?

Pr Tree Talkin Red Hot Sister
Nitch Tree Talkin Brotheer T- Bone
Nitch Tree Talkin Shorty
Pr Tree Talkin Red Harley
Pr Tree Talkin Brother Re Pete

Old Post 03-25-2013 10:33 PM
redpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redpower Click here to Send redpower a Private Message Click Here to Email redpower Find more posts by redpower Add redpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny McCleskey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hey Mark

quote:
You ever know a man in illinois by the name of Miller, I think maybe Donnie Miller,

He told me he had at one time been involved with this line of dogs, and had hunted Amos, Ben a dog called ox the fox who was off Amos and Millers natural duck who is also in anns ped,

Just curious if you knew of him, he hunted them alot and seem to know alot about the breeding and hunt style of all of them.

I think he told me that they had bred Betsy to the dog he called ox the fox but I cant find anything on that blood.

I really didnt like what he had to say about Ben,

I think Leeman Moyer had the Duck Dog, he also spoke of a dog called Wizard of Oz I think he said he was a littermate to Ben.

He spoke of a dog called buster brown, I think he said he was off Amos, I would like to find some of this blood, do you know anything about these dogs.

Larry,
Know you addressed these questions to Mark but thought I would tell you what I know. I knew Donnie Miller pretty well and pleasure hunted with him a few times. I got my NiteCh Flint Creek Miss Minnie and Flint Creek Hustin Pinky from Donnie. Donnie hunted Pinky until she was five years old and then I got her and kept her about three years and let Donnie have her back. Donnie Miller was as hard a hunter as there ever was when he was hunting. He raised and trained GrNiteCh Millers Natural Duck and GrNiteCh Millers Red Betsy and sold them to Rodger Shabel. Millers Natural Duck was by NiteCh Merchants Red Buck. Merchants Red Buck was by NiteCh Millers Valley Woodpecker and out of Donnie's NiteCh Millers Queen. James Merchant ( The Treeing Walker Man ) offered Donnie more money than he said he could turn down when Buck around a year and half old. Rodger Shabel also bought NiteCh Millers Ox The Fox from Donnie. Ox was out of Millers Natural Duck and by Hunters Famous Amos. I don't remember if Donnie and Rodger were partners on Amos Burning Ben or if Donnie just hunted Ben awhile for Rodger. Amos Burning Ben was about three and half years old when he was sold and went to Wisconsic. Ben was finished to NiteCh and GrNiteCh after he was in Wisconsin.

Rodger Shabel let Leeman Moyers keep and raise a litter of pups from GrNiteCh Millers Natural Duck and Leeman's GrNiteCh River Bottom Tropper .

The dog that was a littermate to Amos Burning Ben may have been Famous Flip since his kennel name was Ozzie.

The Buster Brown dog was Lynn Creek Buster Brown and was owned by Walter "Bubba" Taylor in Mississippi. Lynn Creek Buster Brown won the 1986 PKC Futurity Hunt. This was before all the Super Stake started. Russell Wagers bought Buster shortly after he won the hunt and changed his name to Famous Amos II and then shortly afer Russell bought him he got killed on the road while hunting. He was by Hunters Famous Amos and out of Flint Creek Sally Jo.

Nite Hunt Titled Dogs I Owned

1986 Autumn Oaks National Grand Nite Ch Redbone
GrNiteCh GrCh Key River Rock

1992 Autumn Oaks National Grand Nite Ch Redbone
1992 Autumn Oaks - Overall High Scoring Redbone
GrNiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Doc

GrNiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Amy
NiteCh Flint Creek Hustlin Amos
NiteCH Ch Johnos Red Sugar
NiteCh Ch Treefines Firecracker
NiteCh Flint Creek Miss Minnie
NiteCh GrCh Flint Creek Red Champ
NiteCh Guinns Rusty

Old Post 03-26-2013 12:41 AM
Danny McCleskey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny McCleskey Click here to Send Danny McCleskey a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny McCleskey Find more posts by Danny McCleskey Add Danny McCleskey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Danny

Thats some good history right there, I just spoke with Donnie yesterday.

Dale that ped is part of Ol Ann's ped She was The mother to the Rebel dog I had.

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 03-26-2013 02:28 AM
Larry D Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry D Walker Click here to Send Larry D Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Larry D Walker Add Larry D Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

REBEL SEMEN 2011 NRB OPPOSITE SEX CH

USED THE FIRST SHOT OF REBEL SEMEN TODAY,

11 SHOTS LEFT.

I THINK THESE PUPS WILL HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT IN THE COONDOG

COMPETITION WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 03-26-2013 03:17 AM
Larry D Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry D Walker Click here to Send Larry D Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Larry D Walker Add Larry D Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hey Mark

Danny are you thinking th edog he called wizard of Oz could have been flip ? If so what was his hunt style and what did he reroduce?
Do you know what would be the closest living blood to Oz.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny McCleskey
Larry,
Know you addressed these questions to Mark but thought I would tell you what I know. I knew Donnie Miller pretty well and pleasure hunted with him a few times. I got my NiteCh Flint Creek Miss Minnie and Flint Creek Hustin Pinky from Donnie. Donnie hunted Pinky until she was five years old and then I got her and kept her about three years and let Donnie have her back. Donnie Miller was as hard a hunter as there ever was when he was hunting. He raised and trained GrNiteCh Millers Natural Duck and GrNiteCh Millers Red Betsy and sold them to Rodger Shabel. Millers Natural Duck was by NiteCh Merchants Red Buck. Merchants Red Buck was by NiteCh Millers Valley Woodpecker and out of Donnie's NiteCh Millers Queen. James Merchant ( The Treeing Walker Man ) offered Donnie more money than he said he could turn down when Buck around a year and half old. Rodger Shabel also bought NiteCh Millers Ox The Fox from Donnie. Ox was out of Millers Natural Duck and by Hunters Famous Amos. I don't remember if Donnie and Rodger were partners on Amos Burning Ben or if Donnie just hunted Ben awhile for Rodger. Amos Burning Ben was about three and half years old when he was sold and went to Wisconsic. Ben was finished to NiteCh and GrNiteCh after he was in Wisconsin.

Rodger Shabel let Leeman Moyers keep and raise a litter of pups from GrNiteCh Millers Natural Duck and Leeman's GrNiteCh River Bottom Tropper .

The dog that was a littermate to Amos Burning Ben may have been Famous Flip since his kennel name was Ozzie.

The Buster Brown dog was Lynn Creek Buster Brown and was owned by Walter "Bubba" Taylor in Mississippi. Lynn Creek Buster Brown won the 1986 PKC Futurity Hunt. This was before all the Super Stake started. Russell Wagers bought Buster shortly after he won the hunt and changed his name to Famous Amos II and then shortly afer Russell bought him he got killed on the road while hunting. He was by Hunters Famous Amos and out of Flint Creek Sally Jo.

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 03-26-2013 05:34 PM
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Danny

I think I answered part of that question by looking back on ann's papers, if flip and oz are the same dog that is what produced your Doc dog,

Where is the closest living blood from doc, preferably line bred to doc???????

Thanks Danny

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 03-26-2013 05:38 PM
last chance
UKC Forum Member

Rebel

Larry what is the three gen. ped. on that Rebel semen?

Old Post 04-08-2013 02:30 PM
last chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for last chance Click here to Send last chance a Private Message Find more posts by last chance Add last chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
last chance
UKC Forum Member

Larry do you still have semon on Rebel?

Old Post 02-19-2022 07:38 PM
last chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for last chance Click here to Send last chance a Private Message Find more posts by last chance Add last chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry D Walker
UKC Forum Member

Rebel semen

Yes we have semen

Indiana

812-327-8224

Old Post 02-21-2022 02:31 PM
last chance
UKC Forum Member

I really like Rebels mom's side,Ann is bred nice.

Old Post 04-17-2024 12:38 AM