UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Indiana dog food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James50
UKC Forum Member

Indiana dog food

I moved to Indiana in May and I’m still looking for a good dog food up here. I figured with this being a Coon Hunting hot spot it would be easier. I’m used to feeding Valu-pak but the closest place for that is about an hour and a half away. I’ve looked into pride and showtime as well but they are even farther. What is everyone feeding in central Indiana? I am located in Greenwood. Does anyone know of a local feed store around here that doesn’t come up on google for some reason?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2018 03:54 PM
James50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James50 Click here to Send James50 a Private Message Click Here to Email James50 Find more posts by James50 Add James50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Chewy.com will UPS dog food right to your door so that you don't have to go anywhere.

Old Post 10-22-2018 03:58 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fox_91
UKC Forum Member

They sell pro plan at TSC, and Indiana has a tsc in almost every town

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:41 PM
fox_91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fox_91 Click here to Send fox_91 a Private Message Click Here to Email fox_91 Find more posts by fox_91 Add fox_91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indiana1
UKC Forum Member

Sent u a pm

(Uchtman’s blue Amos x Uchtman’s blue Magic)
NITECH Lynch’s LIL BLU MAC (Walston’s Big Country x Hatcreek Kate 2)

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:53 PM
indiana1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for indiana1 Click here to Send indiana1 a Private Message Find more posts by indiana1 Add indiana1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Having the feed delivered is a good deal. You can have it set up to automatically deliver on a certain day every month if you want. Buying food online also opens up the ability to have hundreds of different choices. From my experience buying feed online is that feed is not any higher in price than buying from a brick and mortar, and slot of times will actually save you money.

Old Post 10-22-2018 08:04 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

I know every place is different but take a look around. I used Chewy for a couple months then asked the guy who runs a grain and feed store the next town over and he was $10/bag cheaper than Chewy. Didn't carry what I was feeding but was happy to order it for me.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 10-23-2018 05:55 AM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Dog Food......

I used Chewy.Com for a few Months. It was Cheaper on the First Order, but after that it was a Few Dollars more. I Fed Victor Professional at the time, it was $42 thru Chewy and I can Buy it 10 minutes from me for $36+Tax.

Maybe look into the Sportmix Brand.....its made in Indiana and is actually a Pretty Good Food. Different Varieties of of as well.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 10-23-2018 11:16 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Briar Creek
UKC Forum Member

Valu-Pak

James there is a guy in Greencastle area that sells Valu-Pak. PM me and I can get you his number. There may also be a guy in Martinsville getting ready to sell it.

Old Post 10-23-2018 08:44 PM
Briar Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Briar Creek Click here to Send Briar Creek a Private Message Find more posts by Briar Creek Add Briar Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James50
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the replies. I talked to a feed store about 20 minutes away today and he is looking into getting value-pak, so fingers crossed.

Old Post 10-24-2018 01:44 AM
James50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James50 Click here to Send James50 a Private Message Click Here to Email James50 Find more posts by James50 Add James50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

James50...

I checked around my area and there was a store that had it at a higher price than I thought it should be and 15 miles further a feed store had it for 1.50 less per 50 lb. bag...I called the feed store I deal with if she could order it for me and I would get the word out if she would match the price of the feed store that had the lower price...by time we got off the phone she dropped it another dollar and she picked several more customers to boot...I really like the black bag for pups and grown dogs...

Old Post 10-26-2018 12:29 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote