UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I would like ?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

I would like ?

A list names and phone numbers of all voting breed reps that will be voting on rules changes at autum oaks next year.

Respectfully
Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2018 03:17 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: I would like ?

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
A list names and phone numbers of all voting breed reps that will be voting on rules changes at autum oaks next year.

Respectfully
Tar

X2 Plus Who Voted or Just Put Them in?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-22-2018 03:31 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, the Redbone Breed rule change Rep won't be selected until Redbone Breed Days in July. Why don't you attend and join the Redbone Association and vote or express your opinion?

Old Post 10-22-2018 03:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We need to know that they know our wishes way ahead of time so they can't say we did not present changes early enough.

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:00 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Do you think that you should be able to lobby the voting rep of a Breed Association that you are not an active member of? Wouldn't that be like voting twice? You know who the voting rep of the walker dog association is.

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

There is plenty of time to join between now and then !! I just registered to vote for the first time lol.

Tar

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:21 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why don't you post the name and # for the walker Breed Rep so that everyone can call him.

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:23 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Simple question names and numbers of all of them that's all.

Tar

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:34 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Simple question, name and number of walker Breed Rep?

Old Post 10-22-2018 04:40 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I don’t have a clue who it is, Yes we should be allowed to lobby ALL the ones that vote on rules that we ALL Hunt under, Red dogs hunt under the same rules, Breed association and rules committee are two different things, I know how the process works but I Don’t know who or how they get there!
You can turn this into a breed thing all you won’t but it’s not about breed standards, Who Makes the final vote? Who made the final votes last time?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-22-2018 05:31 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: I would like ?

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Respectfully
Tar

I seriously doubt any of the breed associations have determined, at this point, who will be representing them at the Rules Committee next year. Not sure what you have in mind but it seems like a better idea to present your questions and suggestions to the association, opposed to singling out members.

Anywho....

Most of the associations have a website, that includes contact information.

www.abtcha.net

www.bluetickbreedersofamerica.com

www.uebfa.org

www.nationalplotthoundassociation.org

www.nationalredbonecoonhoundassociation.org

http://www.twbfa.com/

Old Post 10-22-2018 05:47 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

If we don’t know who voted last time how do we find out who will vote this time.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-22-2018 05:55 PM
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

It is also often available in published columns in the Bloodlines.

Years ago, I felt strongly about a rules change and I did call as many different breed reps as I could. They all were very nice and listened to my point if view, and I thanked them all for their time. No one lectured me for calling a breed association I was not affiliated with.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:02 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
It is also often available in published columns in the Bloodlines.

Years ago, I felt strongly about a rules change and I did call as many different breed reps as I could. They all were very nice and listened to my point if view, and I thanked them all for their time. No one lectured me for calling a breed association I was not affiliated with.

That’s what I’m looking for. Dose anyone know who made the final votes last time? They could give some insight on how to approach any ideas we have.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:07 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: I would like ?

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
I seriously doubt any of the breed associations have determined, at this point, who will be representing them at the Rules Committee next year. Not sure what you have in mind but it seems like a better idea to present your questions and suggestions to the association, opposed to singling out members.

Anywho....

Most of the associations have a website, that includes contact information.

www.abtcha.net

www.bluetickbreedersofamerica.com

www.uebfa.org

www.nationalplotthoundassociation.o.../www.twbfa.com/

Just think everybody should get to vote on the rules we have to hunt by. If the members vote for their individual breed reps and they present what rule changes they want the breed reps should present that and vote according to what their members presented. If not the case then skip that whole process and we will just lobby ukc.

Tar

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:07 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
If we don’t know who voted last time how do we find out who will vote this time.

The Associations don't always use the same members to represent them at the Rules Committee. So, I see no point in needing individual names of those who voted on the proposals in the past. Again, you'd be better served to present your proposals to the associations contact, that you are a member of, and make your point why it would be a good change.

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:08 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

It'd be easier to just change the ways rules are proposed & voted on. Its time for more input from the thousands of hunters the rule changes effect. A handful of reps from the Breed Assoc. that a handful of people voted for is not the way..

Old Post 10-22-2018 06:20 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
It'd be easier to just change the ways rules are proposed & voted on. Its time for more input from the thousands of hunters the rule changes effect. A handful of reps from the Breed Assoc. that a handful of people voted for is not the way..

I agree, my next question.
Dose it take 100% to pass a rule change or is it the majority? In other words can one person or breed vote no and shut that rule down?

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

Homemade Tank.

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-22-2018 07:46 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Email or facebook would suffice as well. TAR what are you doing. LOL

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 10-23-2018 12:51 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Just nippen it in the bud !!

Tar

Old Post 10-23-2018 12:32 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
I agree, my next question.
Dose it take 100% to pass a rule change or is it the majority? In other words can one person or breed vote no and shut that rule down?

It takes a majority of yes votes to pass any proposal. This is also clearly indicated with any Rules Proposal Ballot.

Old Post 10-23-2018 02:52 PM
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Example of the most recent ballot.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...Official+Ballot

Old Post 10-23-2018 02:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness... Just look at that, everything that y'all have been looking for. It was all posted and/or printed in the Bloodlines when we went through the last rule changes. Where were y'all 2 years ago?

Old Post 10-23-2018 03:06 PM
yadkintar
Banned

So I got information from one of the tw board is this correct the members give their changes to their breed reps. Then they present those changes to ukc. Then ukc goes through and picks the changes they see as relevant. Then ukc picks the members from those breed association they want to go in and vote on those changes am I correct ?

Also is there any rule where members can belong to several different breeds where you have more lobbying opportunities?

Just trying to understand!

Tar

Old Post 10-23-2018 03:07 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness... Just look at that, everything that y'all have been looking for. It was all posted and/or printed in the Bloodlines when we went through the last rule changes. Where were y'all 2 years ago?

I had cancer! Where were you? I have no hidden agenda,No it did not answer all my questions, my apologies if it offends you for my lack of knowledge! I won’t to be more involved, I won’t to know how things work, I won’t to know who votes on my behalf.

Old Post 10-23-2018 03:18 PM