UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Nt ch and grands hunting together at b&t days
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jim Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Nt ch and grands hunting together at b&t days

Whats everyone think about all this? I think it will take away the prestige of hunting grands against grands but might make it a little simpler drawing them out. will there be less trophies?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-22-2018 11:14 PM
Jim Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Frederick Click here to Send Jim Frederick a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Frederick Add Jim Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris zang
UKC Forum Member

B&T Days

It's just my opinion, but I think we should hunt Grands against Grands, at B&T Days, (All the major Breed hunts ). If they want to hunt them together all other times that's fine, but it's we're we as a breed, have our measuring stick, can have a opportunity to compare ,what we have gone to the hunts all year for. That's a big part of why I try Grand in my dog out,
We as a Breed Association, could lobby, UKC to let us at all the major Breed hunts do this. It only makes Sense too me. Could bring this up at the next Black &Tan meeting.
Just my opinion, thanks for reading
Chris zang,. No Fear Black & Tan Kennels

GRNtCh Ch ZANGS NO FEAR JUNE BUG

PR ZANGS NO FEAR TANK

CUT IT, CLIMB IT ,OR SHOOT IT!!! SEE YOU AT THE TREE!!!!

Old Post 09-23-2018 01:14 AM
chris zang is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chris zang Click here to Send chris zang a Private Message Click Here to Email chris zang Find more posts by chris zang Add chris zang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

like it

319-201-8445

Old Post 09-23-2018 01:25 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Frederick
UKC Forum Member

I agree

Old Post 09-23-2018 01:38 AM
Jim Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Frederick Click here to Send Jim Frederick a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Frederick Add Jim Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug A
UKC Forum Member

At bigger hunts where there are plenty of GR Nts entering I don't see the point of combining them. It's my understanding that ukc proposed this rule change so that someone with a Gr nt could get back into comp hunting and be rewarded when not enough Gr nts enter. I think associations or clubs should have the choice of combining or not combining. I'd vote for not combining B&T Days. Every time at smaller hunts.

Old Post 09-23-2018 12:51 PM
Doug A is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug A Click here to Send Doug A a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug A Find more posts by Doug A Add Doug A to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlackDogs26
UKC Forum Member

Agree

QUOTE]Originally posted by Doug A
At bigger hunts where there are plenty of GR Nts entering I don't see the point of combining them. It's my understanding that ukc proposed this rule change so that someone with a Gr nt could get back into comp hunting and be rewarded when not enough Gr nts enter. I think associations or clubs should have the choice of combining or not combining. I'd vote for not combining B&T Days. Every time at smaller hunts. [/QUOTE]

*GRCH 'PR' Superstar Sydney*(Dual grand grimes hi dollar. dj drummer x Scooby female)
*Ch midnight molly
*Nitech Grch 'pr' Weinstocks screaming Diva

*CH 'PR' Corwin's ol' Red (Huck a Buck bred) 2010 KING OF HUNT AT OHIO ENGLISH SECTIONAL (RIP 7/17/2011) NEAR SILENT ON TRACK BUT COONDOG ALL THE WAY!!

Old Post 09-25-2018 08:51 PM
BlackDogs26 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BlackDogs26 Click here to Send BlackDogs26 a Private Message Click Here to Email BlackDogs26 Find more posts by BlackDogs26 Add BlackDogs26 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LMBEDDINGFIELD
UKC Forum Member

Board of Directors

The board of directors talked about this in length last week on our conference call. The decision was made by the board to support the UKC changes in all aspects this includes sectionals including the double up hunts where the cast wins go towards Champions Classic Points and also at Black and Tan days. With that being said we will follow the new UKC Guidelines effective 1/1/2019 in all aspect of our hunts.

We felt like with us being a UKC Chartered Breed Association that we needed to follow the UKC changes and not buck the system and it is my understanding that all UKC Licensed events must follows the new format after 1/1/19

shanelisa@bellsouth.net

GrCh Pr Melrose Mtn Lead Me Home "Mercy"
2020 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2019 Autumn Oaks National Grand Black and Tan
2017 Black and Tan Days Queen of Show
2017 World Champion Black & Tan Female
2018 Ch of Ch Female Grand American
2019 Ch of Ch Female Winter Classic
2019 Georgia State Show Champion
2020 SC State Queen of Show

Ch Melrose Mtn Diamond in the Rough "Coal"
2019 NC State Best Male of Show
2019 Autumn Oaks Best Male of Show
2019 World Champion B&T Male
2020 SC State Show Champion
2020 Autumn Oaks Champion B&T Male
2020 World Ch Black and Tan Male
2020 World Show Overall Opposite Sex
2020 Purina Nationals Black and Tan Winner

UKC and AKC GrCH Melrose Mtn Hint of Jasmine
2015 Southern English Days BFOS
2017 Southern English Days Ch Female
2018 Southern English Days GrCh Female
2015 Autumn Oaks BFOS
2016 English Day Champion Female and Overall Queen of Show
2018 Autumn Oaks Overall Opposite Sex National Grand
2020 World Champion English Female

UKC GrCh AKC GRCH Melrose Mtn This is My Town (T-Roy) Plott
2015 UKC NC State Opposite Sex Winner
2013 UKC Saluda Coondog Days Gr Male and King of Show
2013 UKC NPHA Plott Days Overall King of Show
2015 National Grand Plott
2018 National Grand Opposite Sex Plott

In Loving Memory
GrCh Melrose Mtn Lil Bit of Beau - "Tucker" 8-28-2006 to 1-21-2011
Ch Melrose Mtn Sugar and Spice "Sugar" 11-17-2011 to 4-6-2014

GrCh Melrose Mtn Amazing Gracie
8-28-2006 to 8-25-2019

GrCh Melrose Mtn Lily
8-26-2004 to 9-4-2019

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift
That's why we call it
"The Present"

Old Post 10-03-2018 02:10 PM
LMBEDDINGFIELD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LMBEDDINGFIELD Click here to Send LMBEDDINGFIELD a Private Message Click Here to Email LMBEDDINGFIELD Find more posts by LMBEDDINGFIELD Add LMBEDDINGFIELD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ky coonin
UKC Forum Member

so can we have a 2 nite sectional in one nite using the double header change

UGLYS BELLE
NITE CH UGLY MTN JOHN WAYNE

GRCH GRNITECH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS SQUALL

DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK WILLOWSTICK

CH NITECH HURRIKANE CREEK LIL PUKE (deceased)

PAST HOME OF
DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYSTICK
CH NITECH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS RAGE
DUAL GRAND HURRIKANE CREEK SMOOTH AS BRANDY
GRNITECH GRCH ROUGHCREEK EASYS BIG TIMBER
DUAL GRAND PUKE BOX ANNIE
CH GRNITE CH HURRIKANE CREEK UGLYS REJECT

GRNITECH GRCH ROUGHCREEK EASYS THUNDERSTICK

ROBERT CHURCH
270-963-2497

Last edited by ky coonin on 10-12-2018 at 03:07 PM

Old Post 10-11-2018 07:34 PM
ky coonin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky coonin Click here to Send ky coonin a Private Message Click Here to Email ky coonin Find more posts by ky coonin Add ky coonin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

yes.

Old Post 10-11-2018 10:24 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris zang
UKC Forum Member

Two ninght sec.

If you have a two night sec. Can you have a double header both nights, and possibly get 4 sec. Wins in two nights ?? My hope is too have sec. Hunts two hr. Hunts. Not two one hr hunts. Might as well be hunting pkc, at least get my entry fee back. lol

PR ZANGS NO FEAR TANK

Old Post 10-13-2018 02:19 AM
chris zang is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chris zang Click here to Send chris zang a Private Message Click Here to Email chris zang Find more posts by chris zang Add chris zang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

Re: Two ninght sec.

quote:
Originally posted by chris zang
If you have a two night sec. Can you have a double header both nights, and possibly get 4 sec. Wins in two nights ?? My hope is too have sec. Hunts two hr. Hunts. Not two one hr hunts. Might as well be hunting pkc, at least get my entry fee back. lol

Chris Zang yes as of 1/1/2019 you can have a 2 night sectional double headers if your club so desires. If your club wants to hold a 2 night sectional an your club wants 2hr hunts they can have that as well.

UKC new hunt policies are what clubs were asking for more options for what there club desires to keep there clubs strong an prospering. It cost a coon hunting club $150. to hold B&T Sectional was it 1 night or 2. This will still be true in 2019 is it a 1 night 2hr hunt or a 2 nighter double header hunt. The clubs hosting these sectional's can decide what length of hunt they can have to best benefit there needs for most entries to stay profitable an draw the largest entry out put. You will see some clubs in this 1st year probably trying different hunt lengths and styles to see what brings in the most entries. So in these sectional hunts if a club does decide to go with 1hr double header hunts. Each cast win will still be a point for the CC standings. Each entry is still an entry fee, they don't get 1/2 price entries for hunting 1hr hunts. One thing most club's might not realize in a double header hunt it makes for a later night from getting in hunting then a regular 2hr hunt does. After trying them in the first year they might abandon them after the 1st year if the club members don't like the extra long night. UKC gave clubs hunt options to meet there needs.

No this is not PKC it is UKC listening and talking to hunters and clubs and giving them options for what they were asking for. As far as winning your entry back clubs could decide to have mini slam hunts in there sectionals. Clubs have that option including yours. Here is something to think about if you want the most entries in your sectional hunt to pay the extra fee. If you want 2hr hunt an a 2 nighter and want the most entries possible. Friday night hunt would be a double header to accommodate entries. If people are working an can't get off early enough to make the early deadline Friday night hunt they might be able to make the late. You could make the Saturday night hunt a 2hr hunt. This way you still get your 2hr hunt but might get someone to drive 3 to 5hrs on Friday night to hunt the late and stay for Saturdays hunt. That would not show up at all on Saturday if they didn't have the options to pick up 2 cast wins driving some distance.

Clubs have options it is up to the clubs at what style of hunt they hold. It is also up to the hunters at what style of hunt they want to participate in. If hunters aren't showing up for certain length hunts you will probably see those clubs not holding that style of hunt the next year or years.

319-201-8445

Old Post 10-13-2018 01:44 PM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chris zang
UKC Forum Member

Sec. Hunts

I really like the sound of having a double header on Fri. Night and a two hr. Hunt on sat. Best if both worlds. That clears things up for me. Thsnks more options had to be better.

PR ZANGS NO FEAR TANK

Old Post 10-14-2018 02:00 AM