UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > And yet again.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

And yet again.

I had to hear on the phone that $7 a dog is a club killer don’t be mad at me I didn’t do it.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-2020 03:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Tar your old enough to know. What's a killer for one generation is a bargain for another. When our gas hit 4 bucks a gallon a few years ago and then started to decline. I saw a young man filling his tank up and looked like he was headed on vacation. I told him I hope he wasn't going far with gas prices like they are. He said he had just started driving and he paid $4 a gallon a month ago. He figured the $3.50 was a bargain. It is all in perspective of where you are at and where you want to get to. While remembering that once upon a time it was better but that fairytale has ended.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 01-28-2020 at 05:14 PM

Old Post 01-28-2020 04:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Bruce I remember paying $6 to hunt. What they are saying is good for the hunters but hurting the struggling clubs. Only thing I know is charge $300 at the zone to the ones that’s going. $$$ charged $300 at the world to 1,300 hunters. We will be ok we have no building rent but it puts the clubs up against the wall because they only want to hunt for money and it don’t pay the club in the slams very well.

Tar

Old Post 01-28-2020 05:14 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Clubs

The good ole days are long gone forever they are not coming back peroid. Very few if any coon clubs can pay bills with entry fees alone you must have other types of moneymakers such as meat hunts fun raffles etc. to make ends meet

Old Post 01-28-2020 05:47 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Clubs

Lol. Hunts definitely do not pay the bills, clubs must have other ways to make money, I. e. Turkey shoots, raffles, etc. Hunts are a luxury for a club and clubs are lucky if they break even or if the loss is bearable. The days of Hugh crowds are long gone and to survive a club has to be creative in making money. Dave

Old Post 01-28-2020 06:29 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

A club should only have to raise an entry an extra 5 dollars to cover the rise in UKC fees. If a hunter cant afford an extra 5 dollars for a hunt, then they have larger problems..

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 01-29-2020 01:59 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Only problem is they done hung out the bait. The hunters are dead set on hunting for money but the slam format leaves the club holding the bag with hardly nothing left. The hunters are not interested in a old format hunt. It’s common here to just hunt 8 dogs early and 5 dogs late a $25 hunt between the bench and hunt packet and $7 a dog they had $10 left the first round. The second round you split $125 between the hunters and club then the club had to pay $7 a dog which is $35. My club has a $35 double header this weekend I will let you know how it works out.

You have to give the hunters what they want now or they won’t come. Several of us chipped in to that club the other night to make it work several that did will never go to the tournament of champions.

Tar

Old Post 01-29-2020 02:17 AM