UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Buried an old friend today
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Buried an old friend today

Laid my old dog and friend to rest today, he was just a few days past his 14th birthday December 6th turned 14 ). Died in his sleep, he was 1 of the 3 best coon dogs that I have ever owned or hunted with. I did not hunt him any the last 2 seasons, but he was still treeing coons every night past 12 years of age and just as accurate as ever. He was all coon dog, could tree them in all weather rain, snow, did not matter to him. Last coon he treed was in a steady rain, like so many others he treed in the rain on nights most hunters stayed home. He was as dependable as a dog could ever be, I had retired him 2 seasons ago, he had nothing more to prove to me or anyone else. REST IN PEACE OLD FRIEND. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Dave, as you know the good ones die too soon. Sorry for your lost.

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:24 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss.

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:40 AM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss...sounds like he earned his keep and full retirement...

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:41 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SLR
UKC Forum Member

Dog

Just think of all the good memories

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:44 AM
SLR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SLR Click here to Send SLR a Private Message Click Here to Email SLR Find more posts by SLR Add SLR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Condolences. He will always be a memory away.

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:50 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roy Grant and others

Thank you for the kind remarks. Rocky was a very special dog, he will be hard to replace that's for sure. Really don't expect to find another dog as good as he was that can be bought, not even sure I want to try. I have decent coon dogs now, nothing in his class, but not many ever were or will be. He was the kind of dog that you never had to make an excuse for, he did not need excuses. You knew what he was going to do when you turned him loose, he was a pleasure to hunt and as accurate as a dog gets. I have started hunting less the past 2 seasons after I retired him, it was just not the same, before I retired Rocky, I hunted at least 6 nights a week in season, he just made it fun. Getting old myself and knowing that dogs like him are rare indeed, he set the bar pretty high that's for sure. I still love to hear s good dog run and tree, might just start squirrel hunting with cur dogs, coon hunting has lost its glitter. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

So sorry Dave, those dog years pass way to fast.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:54 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear

Old Post 12-13-2019 03:20 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss buddy.

Old Post 12-13-2019 03:31 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss Dave

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 12-13-2019 03:38 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Friend

Thanks to all for their condolences, he had a good home and his retirement was without his consent, he wanted to go every time I went, but I thought he had earned that easy life of retirement a warm bed, plenty of good food and water, he had a mild stroke in his later years and was unsteady at times. Thankfully, he died peaceful in his sleep ( maybe treeing a coon in his dreams ), I knew the time would come and was prepared for the loss. He has given me a lifetime of coon treeing memories and I am grateful for the nights spent coon hunting with him. Dave

Old Post 12-13-2019 04:46 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Sorry for your loss.

Tar

Old Post 12-13-2019 12:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like you and that old dog blessed each other with many good days

Old Post 12-13-2019 01:54 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

That feeling, the one you're feeling now, IS the price we pay for having a great dog. Hang in there...

Old Post 12-13-2019 02:20 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

God bless you, I know exactly what you are feeling right now and my favorite passed away in 1985. The memories get stronger as time passes by and the joy just gets sweeter.

Old Post 12-13-2019 03:40 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear Dave. Good ones are forever in our hearts tho

Old Post 12-13-2019 11:41 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Folks

Thanks to each and everyone for your support, every comment is greatly appreciated . It not only is a blessing to have owned and hunted a true coon dog, but a blessing to hear these comments from my fellow hunters. These memories are priceless to me and mean more than words can describe. Dave

Old Post 12-14-2019 02:58 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

condolences

Sorry to hear Dave. This is in my near future. I dread it.

Old Post 12-14-2019 04:58 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote