UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Zeb 3
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Now wait a min. Heelz was off Hell Chamber..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:54 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
COALMINER28
UKC Forum Member

Heelz was off Hell Chamber..... yes that is correct

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:13 AM
COALMINER28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for COALMINER28 Click here to Send COALMINER28 a Private Message Click Here to Email COALMINER28 Find more posts by COALMINER28 Add COALMINER28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Wheels is off Z3 Heels is off Chamber

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:39 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Wheels is off Z3 Heels is off Chamber

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:39 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Now your gettin it figured out..

Old Post 01-24-2020 04:21 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

My bad. Chamber was off Hellbilly right. I remember she was heavy wipeout breed

Old Post 01-24-2020 04:36 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout blood

So I got a question I read a comment on first page said the wipeout dogs are more running dogs that tree because they have to or don’t really want to tree. I guess that means there more of a track minded dog? Has anyone seen a lot of wipeout pup start out treeing a easy coon first night in the woods and now that he has tasted a few coons and learned to what’s at the end of the tracks he is more worried about running tracks he is 8 months old he treed his first coon at 7 months old. Within last month he has Caught one I turned loose he ran 300 yds, and treed another (winding it but not on tree, I seen coon about 20 ft over) Caught another one I turned loose he ran about 250 yds. I knocked the second coon he treed out. Hunting all natural coons that I didn’t turn loose a few times he finish a track he would tree on the garmin for a few moments then be off to find another one or to double check himself. He doesn’t get hung up he keeps it moving will usually go straight down the track and straight back quick when he gets done to where he found the track to either take it the other way or a different track not sure. What is y’all a input on this pup? When he was doing scent drags he treed hard and locked down but that was before he got a hold of any coons. He has been on a few deer I think as well. I been hunting him early morning mostly since there is more tracks down. He seems to have a very cold nose according to my camrea.
Thanks for reading hope to get some opinions

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Dixie
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Black Betty
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:12 PM
ColdNose93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColdNose93 Click here to Send ColdNose93 a Private Message Click Here to Email ColdNose93 Find more posts by ColdNose93 Add ColdNose93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

My mistake in Heelz. Yes he'll chamber x Paige cross. But what I was saying was she goes back to Zeb again either way.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:39 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wipeout blood

quote:
Originally posted by ColdNose93
So I got a question I read a comment on first page said the wipeout dogs are more running dogs that tree because they have to or don’t really want to tree. I guess that means there more of a track minded dog? Has anyone seen a lot of wipeout pup start out treeing a easy coon first night in the woods and now that he has tasted a few coons and learned to what’s at the end of the tracks he is more worried about running tracks he is 8 months old he treed his first coon at 7 months old. Within last month he has Caught one I turned loose he ran 300 yds, and treed another (winding it but not on tree, I seen coon about 20 ft over) Caught another one I turned loose he ran about 250 yds. I knocked the second coon he treed out. Hunting all natural coons that I didn’t turn loose a few times he finish a track he would tree on the garmin for a few moments then be off to find another one or to double check himself. He doesn’t get hung up he keeps it moving will usually go straight down the track and straight back quick when he gets done to where he found the track to either take it the other way or a different track not sure. What is y’all a input on this pup? When he was doing scent drags he treed hard and locked down but that was before he got a hold of any coons. He has been on a few deer I think as well. I been hunting him early morning mostly since there is more tracks down. He seems to have a very cold nose according to my camrea.

In my experiences with the Wipeout dogs or very track minded dogs in general you're pup is doing what most do. And you should be happy that he's treed a coon at 7 months. I would keep him in the woods as much as possible. He will get it figured out on a regular basis the more he's exposed.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:47 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wipeout blood

quote:
Originally posted by ColdNose93

I see you used a scent "Drag" on him. This is a Classic Old time way or what I call Were the Red Furn Grows method, Here's what happens. If you used any of the trailing scents and put it on the hide or drag it smells the strongest were you take off with it making the end of the track the weakest at the end or at the tree, resulting in the pup to run it back to were you started the trail. To much of this," like once or twice" and the dog will mill like crazy and will not stay treed, sound like your on your way to ruining your pup.. Makes me wonder what they will be doing with the $5,000.00 Rat Pups that were just sold?

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:13 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not everyone has the spot or opportunity to do this. But the quickest way to turn the switch on the Wipeout hounds is Squirrels. I am not saying at a young age of 6 months or so but after you hunted them and you have one a year old or so and if it isn't as tree minded as you would like. Expose it to some squirrels.

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ColdNose93
UKC Forum Member

Pup

I mostly used fresh real coon but the few times I used coon p he never took the track backwards to the start. on any drags though whatsoever he nailed them after he ran across them. So I don’t think that is the problem. If that’s the case with most... “they get fooled by the start of the drag being stronger” Then I guess he’s doing good becasue that didn’t phase him. How do you ruin a pup by letting it run a track you lay by doing a drag? If it is strictly going off scent? Seems like drags help me a lot what do y’all think about starting a pup with a drag?

TK’s Skuna River Rock
TK’s Skuna River Roxy
TK’s Cayenne Pepper
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Dixie
TK’s Ole South’s Stylish Black Betty
TK’s Backwater Sandy
Thomas Kimball
TK’s Training Program

Old Post 01-24-2020 03:58 PM
ColdNose93 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ColdNose93 Click here to Send ColdNose93 a Private Message Click Here to Email ColdNose93 Find more posts by ColdNose93 Add ColdNose93 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, If you don't want to wait a little longer for something better you can always get a pup that is double or triple Rat bred that will be easy to train, will tree easy and just in general a extra quick pup to get started. Only problem your going to have is you'll have to stop hunting him when the leaves fall off, but then you can start hunting him again when the leaves come back on! LOL!!!

Old Post 01-24-2020 04:19 PM