UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wondering what to do
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Swamp1

I know what you are saying, my buddy is the same way. What memories we have created with these buddies, priceless. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2018 10:53 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wondering what to do

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
As I sit here this morning Im confused , I have only been hunting maybe 5 times since last march, it dosent bother me so much as I just dont feel good but its bothering me about my dog , he deserves so much more, I tried letting some one hunt him 2 times and it did not work out and I promised him last time when I brought him home he was here to stay, I just have no energy left after my day is done and a knot on my side that makes me feel sick, eyesight that is failing and I cant drive much but Im thankful for being able to do what I can, I need motivation or I need to just sell or give it all away.

Lack of activity will seal your fate. You need to get active and in shape or you wont have options. I believe that if you are still breathing that there is a reason and you still have something that needs done. Have you ever thought of hunting at day break? I just got back from a hunt at 7:30 AM, cut loose at 6:15 and treed two. 29'F and heavy frost in WI.

I got screwed over at the Zone hunt and had a pity party and only hunted four times the first month of season. The party is over and it is time to think of the dogs and do whatever it takes to do the dog justice. I challenge you to do the same. May God bless your efforts, Merry Christmas and YOU make it a Happy New Year!

Old Post 12-16-2018 02:35 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

When I started hunting it was all about killing something. Over the years I evolved to love my dogs more than killing stuff. I go hunting now because I enjoy seeing them have fun. I want to keep each of them healthy and fit. Hunting them is the best thing to keep them healthy and happy. That in turn get me up and out. I use a treadmill and stay busy and at 70 y/o I still go to the tree unless it's over 500 yards in. In this jungle that a long ways. But no matter what, all of us must think about how we will put an end to it. We can't go on forever. I want another puppy but I'm concerned that I will die and leave it to the mercies of someone else as an old dog. No one wants someone else's old dog. And in my old age I might not be able to care for it either.

Old Post 12-16-2018 05:27 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Well my good friend Randy Woodard came and got me last night, Had a real good hunt treed 2 and back home by 12 .laid my pup her first drag and with dogs barking in the box she trailed it up and hammered it up the tree , me and Randy smiled all the way home and forgot about everything else for a while.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 12-17-2018 at 01:23 AM

Old Post 12-16-2018 06:55 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

You are well blessed to have a good friend.

Old Post 12-16-2018 06:57 PM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: Re: Wondering what to do

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
Lack of activity will seal your fate. You need to get active and in shape or you wont have options. I believe that if you are still breathing that there is a reason and you still have something that needs done. Have you ever thought of hunting at day break? I just got back from a hunt at 7:30 AM, cut loose at 6:15 and treed two. 29'F and heavy frost in WI.

I got screwed over at the Zone hunt and had a pity party and only hunted four times the first month of season. The party is over and it is time to think of the dogs and do whatever it takes to do the dog justice. I challenge you to do the same. May God bless your efforts, Merry Christmas and YOU make it a Happy New Year!

X2,
Great Advise. Stay strong if you want too and you're healthy enough. However, sometimes we make up excuses to not do what we know we should, even though we know we still can. When this happens, we have to get busy living. Kid has a point too, sooner or later. We all got it coming to us.

Old Post 12-16-2018 07:42 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Well my good friend Randy Woodard came and got me last ight, Had a real good hunt treed 2 and back home by 12 .laid my pup her first drag and with dogs barking in the box she trailed it up and hammered it the tree , me and Randy smiled all the way home and forgot about everything else for a while.

Thats the way you do it. It makes it so much better when we can share goodtimes with someone that understands. Harder to get motivated doing it by yourself, especially when you've already done it before for yourself.
Hang in there Joey! That pup sounds like a nice prospect. And stop giving them top secret training methods away for free. 😂

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May God's Grace shine on you.

Old Post 12-16-2018 08:00 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by croatankid
You are well blessed to have a good friend.
X2, Greatly Blessed. One True friend is Many, 2 is Much, 3 is a Miracle.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Kid

Old Post 12-16-2018 08:10 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

Thank you!

Old Post 12-16-2018 08:47 PM
wjoey
Banned

trying hard to make myself go tonight, I have called everyone tonight but no answer so it looks like I will be alone, usually I like that but not right now.1015 right now

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 12-18-2018 03:12 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Here is a update , I had a surgery planed last week but it got changed because the doctor is sending me elsewhere , now new surgeon appointment the 30th we will have to see what he or she says now.

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-22-2019 01:09 PM
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

I'm praying for a positive outcome. Let's thank God for the state of the art health care and our access to it.

Old Post 01-22-2019 03:43 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

Hope everything turns out okay my friend, will be praying for you. Dave

Old Post 01-23-2019 12:21 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

well guy's im 68 i take a powder called cardio for life helps me some plus take 2 testrone pills a day i go pretty good for my age plus have had parkisons for 8 yrs when i got done feeling sorry for my self i started hunting again stay busy everyday doing something it hasn't prgress much mr joey you have all those high dollar quater horses you have to have a good vet sometimes what you give a horse for engery you can take in a smaller dose sometimes i just go to the barn see what i got i'll leave it at that

Old Post 01-23-2019 08:35 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

well guy's im 68 i take a powder called cardio for life helps me some plus take 2 testrone pills a day i go pretty good for my age plus have had parkisons for 8 yrs when i got done feeling sorry for my self i started hunting again stay busy everyday doing something it hasn't prgress much mr joey you have all those high dollar quater horses you have to have a good vet sometimes what you give a horse for engery you can take in a smaller dose sometimes i just go to the barn see what i got i'll leave it at that

Old Post 01-23-2019 08:35 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Hillbilly can I get a dollar shot of Red Cell? lol

Old Post 01-23-2019 11:32 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Hillbilly can I get a dollar shot of Red Cell? lol
naw i got better stuff than red cell for sure lol

Old Post 01-23-2019 11:38 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, "horse pills"... That brings back some old memories that I thought I had forgotten..

Old Post 01-23-2019 11:55 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, "horse pills"... That brings back some old memories that I thought I had forgotten..
you don't ever forget about the ole horse meds

Old Post 01-24-2019 12:03 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Are you needing a little neigh put back in the old horse? We can get you trotting and high stepping in no time at all, why you might even be able to keep up with Boone. Now you might get a craving for some oats from time to time or even graze a little, no big deal just watch out for "weeds". Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-24-2019 at 01:35 AM

Old Post 01-24-2019 12:26 AM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mr. Lambert

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Are you needing a little neigh put back in the old horse? We can get you trotting and high stepping in no time at all, why you might even be able to keep up with Boone. Now you might get a craving for some oats from time to time or even graze a little, no big deal just watch out for "weeds". Dave
might have to give a bit of exabose he probly out run ole boone lol

Old Post 01-24-2019 03:10 AM
wjoey
Banned

I could give my self a shot of ace so I could sleep but my luck it would make me mean I did have a little bute for breakfast tho

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-24-2019 05:14 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I could give my self a shot of ace so I could sleep but my luck it would make me mean I did have a little bute for breakfast tho
i haven't been brave enough to try ace but have put in a horse to calm them down a bit ive took bute for yrs take a 1/4 to a 1/2 depends on how bad im hurtin i'll tell you another 1 if you get all gloged up if you have any airpower around take a teaspoon of it will open your airways wide open but it's on the hot side lol sense i don't pull horses anymore i don't have much left

Old Post 01-24-2019 06:52 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
i haven't been brave enough to try ace but have put in a horse to calm them down a bit ive took bute for yrs take a 1/4 to a 1/2 depends on how bad im hurtin i'll tell you another 1 if you get all gloged up if you have any airpower around take a teaspoon of it will open your airways wide open but it's on the hot side lol sense i don't pull horses anymore i don't have much left

Old Post 01-24-2019 06:53 PM
wjoey
Banned

Well I have been laid up for 4 weeks the knot on my side is almost completely gone this morning and no pain, wonder what the surgeon will say Wednesday now, My little grandson and granddaughter have been praying for me every night must be some powerful prayers I feel pretty good too

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 01-27-2019 04:48 PM