UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha went stupid
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
F bond
UKC Forum Member

Alpha went stupid

In the middle of the hunt my alpha lost the topi map and burds eye view. I checked the sd card to be sure it was latched down it appeared to be good. I did a reset on the handheld and still no maps. Went to the map settings and disabled and enable the maps and still no maps. The handheld seems to be tracking fine with compass and shows the dogs track on map screen just doesn't show any topo or landowner info it's just a blank screen with dog track on it. Any suggestions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2018 12:29 AM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

From the map page select menu and the RESTORE DEFAULTS. That should fix it, if now try the DECLUTTER selection. You need that off.

Old Post 07-13-2018 11:37 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure Garmin thinks there is some good reason for DECLUTTER but I bet they would sure save themselves a ton of service calls if the just eliminated it.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-13-2018 11:51 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Zepp
UKC Forum Member

Bruce and Jim -

If you are up to date and running current software on your Alpha, vs 6.9, you will no longer find "Declutter" under the map menu. It will read "Show Maps" or "Hide Maps"

Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-13-2018 07:38 PM
Mark Zepp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Zepp Click here to Send Mark Zepp a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark Zepp Find more posts by Mark Zepp Add Mark Zepp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Bruce it was the declutter setting.

Old Post 07-13-2018 09:20 PM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Probably would be to your advantage to take Marks advice and update your ALPHA.

Old Post 07-14-2018 01:51 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote