UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rqe Numbers Dropping!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stiles14618
Banned

Rqe Numbers Dropping!

Seems like all the RQE hunts around here have dropped off significantly. What is your thoughts on why this is?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-11-2018 06:32 AM
stiles14618 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stiles14618 Click here to Send stiles14618 a Private Message Click Here to Email stiles14618 Find more posts by stiles14618 Add stiles14618 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Because the finals are in GA, oh wait, that was last year’s excuse.

Old Post 07-11-2018 12:43 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Numbers dropping has been discussed over and over and over. When there isn't as many hunters and then also some hunters get tired of the b.s. guess what happens.

Old Post 07-11-2018 01:06 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Undergrace316
UKC Forum Member

There are significantly less hunters now and much of it due to less land to hunt. In my opinion caused, in large part, from the land leasing boom that has taken place since the early 2000s. Also I dont see as much youth involvement now as I have in the past which raises concern for the future of our sport.

Old Post 07-11-2018 02:32 PM
Undergrace316 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Undergrace316 Click here to Send Undergrace316 a Private Message Click Here to Email Undergrace316 Find more posts by Undergrace316 Add Undergrace316 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Blaze2014
Numbers dropping has been discussed over and over and over. When there isn't as many hunters and then also some hunters get tired of the b.s. guess what happens.

And that purty much explains it.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-11-2018 02:40 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

The cost of qualifying, advancing and even winning vs. payout..

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:16 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

there are several reasons my youngest son has been on the 3pm-11/3-1am shift for several years and he loves coon hunting but has only been able to hunt with me maybe a dozen times a year. He is now on the verge of getting a promotion and the day shift. I really hope so. And that is a probably part of the problem but we need to bring in some more blood and or new people to the sport as well.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:31 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
The cost of qualifying, advancing and even winning vs. payout..

No way.
Go back and check the records. During the worst of the recession we still had RQE's drawing the big numbers. Never phased them.
As for giving out big payouts, that just gets more of what we had last year.

Old Post 07-11-2018 03:32 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

? What was the payout last year? I guess you lost me..

Old Post 07-11-2018 04:24 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Think he meant a big payout would create more circus's like last years cluster. He didn't say last yr was a big payout.

Old Post 07-11-2018 05:11 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Guys are gonna cheat. Always have, always will. At every level in all registries. The differance in last years event is someone got caught, and did so long after the infraction..

Old Post 07-11-2018 05:47 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Guys are gonna cheat. Always have, always will. At every level in all registries. The differance in last years event is someone got caught, and did so long after the infraction..

When I was young it was my dream to hunt in the ukc world hunt it always eluded me for one reason or anouther. Now I am old and fat and got sorry dogs and can dream in there in that king size bed but maybe someday I will make my comeback lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-11-2018 06:38 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The first winner would have collected $5000 from the Walker Association and the second winner did collect that much from the B&T Association.
I won't define "big payout" but PKC has 64 guys running all over the country every month or so for $4500. And I envy everyone of them.

Old Post 07-11-2018 06:46 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I chased that $$$ world hunt for a long time that's why I missed out on the ukc world hunt I would just like to have the legs to try either one with a good dog one more time my mind thinks I still can but my legs probly can't do it.

Tar

Old Post 07-11-2018 07:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
felbedp
New UKC Forum Member

Rqe Numbers Dropping

The prices of coon hides doesn't help either. They are not worth anything and haven't been for a couple of years, not saying this is a bad thing. Back in the day people were hunting their house dogs to try to catch that high dollar coon.

Last edited by felbedp on 07-11-2018 at 07:19 PM

Old Post 07-11-2018 07:17 PM
felbedp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for felbedp Click here to Send felbedp a Private Message Click Here to Email felbedp Find more posts by felbedp Add felbedp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

There's multiple reasons hunt numbers are down. Chasing hounds in the dark will be hit harder by the loss of the baby boomer generation and todays youth not being interested than almost any other sport..

Old Post 07-11-2018 07:38 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Yep. That says it better than anything.

Old Post 07-11-2018 07:50 PM
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Any body ever thought about a virtual reality coon hunting game for the Xbox or playstation? One where you didn't have to get off the couch and do any actual physical activity? Where you can win all kinds of cool things that aren't real and get upgrades on your dog and hunting gear.. Then only then maybe some will want to come out and try the real thing.

Old Post 07-11-2018 09:31 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shane_atchison
? What was the payout last year? I guess you lost me.. [/QUOTE
Winner received $10k from the association

Old Post 07-11-2018 09:46 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Baby boomers

Every year seems like it gets harder to get in shape to coonhunt. You better be in good shape to hunt these mountains 6 nights a week. Not hunting in the spring and summertime, I get out of shape and it takes at least 30 nights of hard hunting to get in decent shape. Hunting all fall and winter, I get in real good shape, only to get out of shape in the spring and summer months. Used to hunt all year long, now I really don't like spring and summer hunting. Me and my hunting partner [ both babyboomers] realize how much we have slowed down. It's really hard work to coonhunt and you better enjoy it, to hunt every night. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-11-2018 10:53 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Hmm, its to hot right now. different parts of the counties RQE hunts go up and down according to how far the finals will be. I deal with coonhunters everyday. There are a lot more of them than you know, but less of them all the time and less of them that want to compete.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 07-11-2018 11:58 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well Joey hear we go ! It's a big sacrifice you get qualified then you have to get through the zones then from where I am at its always 16 hrs in never, never land for me plus you loose your first cast you head home vs you got all year to win your money to qualify you get beat try again as many nights as you can afford. Vs don't even have to qualify to hunt just pay up and hunt renter as much as you can afford both of the last two pay cast wins and big purses if I wasn't old and fat and got sorry dogs it would be a no brainier to me and that's the way the younger bunch looks at it jmo.

Tar

Old Post 07-12-2018 12:09 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Old, fat, and sorry dogs describes a lot of us. Maybe that's why the numbers are down. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-12-2018 01:47 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick Jennings
UKC Forum Member

I think with the way things are going on nationwide in the coonhunting world with numbers dropping, majority of the small clubs out there couldn't afford to host a RQE even if they wanted to, let alone a sectional event. $$ to ukc per entered dog is high, and even if you did go to a RQE and pay that entry fee, you don't even get to go home anymore with a pin/sticker/etc. if you're one of the unfortunate ones to lose. Ukc still gets paid for that entered dog though at the end of the night.

HOME OF:

UKC GRNITECH CH PR MIDNIGHT STORMS WILDMAN BUCK
(Check out Wildman Buck's Stud Page)

PR CHIEFS WILD N BLUE CRACK
-2017 Da$h For Ca$h Fall Shootout Finals Championship Overall Winner

Last edited by Nick Jennings on 07-12-2018 at 04:02 AM

Old Post 07-12-2018 03:56 AM
Nick Jennings is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick Jennings Click here to Send Nick Jennings a Private Message Find more posts by Nick Jennings Add Nick Jennings to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

I think we're all gonna have to face it, America is getting more lazy every day. It's all about easy! All you have to do is go in a restaurant and watch the young folks with their heads buried in their cell phones. If you go to any of the bigger hunts now, the numbers I see rising is the young ladies showing dogs. I remember going to the Oaks back in the 90's and the bench show was held out side under the pavilion, now it's a full blown event held in an air condition arena with 2 show floors going on at the same time and folks fill the stands and even bring their own chairs. Why?? Because it's easier than going out every night exposing yourself to all the elements and being tired all the time. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased to see any youth or the other gender get involved in our sport but that's only half of it. Speaking of Autumn Oaks, I starting camping there back in the 90's and had ample room and close to the activities. Now if you don't get there on Tuesday or at the latest Wednesday, you'd better rent one of those golf carts or you're gonna be doing some serious walking! Why is this?? I see plenty of youth at AO and it's more packed than ever. Figure that out and it may be a beginning.

Old Post 07-12-2018 02:51 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote