UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Shew's Hillbilly Redbones
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Ol Grizz stepped it up a notch tonight. I have been intentionally hunting him solo again and making things a bit more difficult to hopefully up his independence and track driving ability. Tonight he showed me he's the professor.

After 3 solid days of rain, which produced about 4", the clouds finally broke about noon today, so we loaded up after church tonight and took off. The ground is saturated, the trees are soaked and the creeks are very swollen and fast moving.

He took off like a bandit as usual and struck a track at about 225. He worked it great but not a ton of track mouth which told me it wasn't exactly fresh. After watching the garmin I heard him get even quieter and had no idea why, the area he was checking was actually open and flat. It finally hit me that he was trying to find a place to cross the bulging, fast moving creek. In no time he somehow made it across, picked the track back up and moved it through a huge mess of massive pine and hemlock blow downs. He then gave those 2 wonderful tenor bawl locates and began his steady tree chop. I struggled for over 30 minutes to find a place to cross, I was hunting alone and really didn't want to drown. I somehow made it across and up the rock cliff mess to his tree. The coon wouldn't look but I found him high atop the almost dead hemlock stretched out to one side. I have yet to give Grizz a coon since season opened and he definitely earned this one so out it came.

But as I suspected, the creek had risen another 6" or so by then so my boots got filled with water...but it's all in a night and worth every bit of the discomfort.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2015 06:57 AM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent Peel
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good.Glad Griz is showing he can get it done on all types of tracks.Ken is getting things lined up over there and should get pretty hot over that way.Keep up the good work guys!

2003 American Redbone Assoc.
Hunter of the Year
Home of:
GrNtCh PKC Ch 2x National GrNtCh English Ohio War NyHawk Co owned with Cody Sullivan

GrNtCh PKC Ch Dr Feelgood Co owned with Adam Huckaby
2016 Performance Points Runner Up Overall
2016 Performance Points Redbone Breed Winner
2016 American Redbone Days Overall Champion
1st Place NtCh & High Scoring Male Friday
1st Place NtCh & High Scoring Male Saturday
High Scoring Male Saturday 2014 American Redbone days Olney,IL.
1st Place RQE Marshall, Mo.
Double Cast Winner Winter Classic Batesville,Ms.
4th Place RQE Wartburg, TN.

GrNtCh Peels Burning River Rebel
2nd Place Reg. 2013 American Redbone Days

GrNtCh PKC CH Peel's Burning Pepper
2006 PKC Redbone Days Overall Champion

2005 American Redbone Days Overall Champion

ChGrNtCh PKCCh Stepp's Little Pepper
#1 Current Reproducer when he died
2003 US Redbone Days Overall
Champion
2003 American Redbone Days
Overall Champion
2002 US Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
2002 American Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
2001 Brooks Magill Memorial
Overall Champion
2000 NKC World Championship
19th Place Overall

GrChGrNtCh PKCCh Peel's Red Jewel II
1997 American Redbone Days
Opposite Sex Champion
1997 Brooks Magill Memorial Overall Champion

ChGrNtCh Peel's Red Pepper
ARCA Hall of Fame Member
1995 AKC World Championship High Scoring Redbone Male

Old Post 11-01-2015 03:50 AM
Brent Peel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent Peel Click here to Send Brent Peel a Private Message Click Here to Email Brent Peel Find more posts by Brent Peel Add Brent Peel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigsinkingky
UKC Forum Member

how's Lucy

Just seeing how lucy doing and tell you ol grizz is looking sharp

Old Post 11-07-2015 05:11 PM
bigsinkingky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigsinkingky Click here to Send bigsinkingky a Private Message Find more posts by bigsinkingky Add bigsinkingky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Lucy is doing great she is getting tune up; Paul I love her Mouth she has big loud mouth that you can hear for a long way off hope to start nite hunting her this spring, not going to breed her right now.

Lenoir NC

Call or text anytime, no PM's or emails please.

Old Post 11-07-2015 06:16 PM
Hillbillyreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbillyreds Click here to Send Hillbillyreds a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbillyreds Find more posts by Hillbillyreds Add Hillbillyreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Got my shine pup last week good looking pup Brian an Paula done a great job on these pups; for a 14 week pup he has a big mouth can't Wait to get him in the woods: I think he will add to my an Adam & Eli kennel:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-08-2015 02:25 AM
Hillbillyreds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbillyreds Click here to Send Hillbillyreds a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbillyreds Find more posts by Hillbillyreds Add Hillbillyreds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Got my shine pup last week good looking pup Brian an Paula done a great job on these pups; for a 14 week pup he has a big mouth can't Wait to get him in the woods: I think he will add to my an Adam & Eli kennel:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-08-2015 02:25 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hillbillyreds
A flashback of a former hound here at Shew's Hillbilly Redbones:

. A look back at days gone by: take a kid hunting:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-21-2015 10:49 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hillbillyreds
A flashback of a former hound here at Shew's Hillbilly Redbones:

. A look back at days gone by: take a kid hunting:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-21-2015 10:49 PM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

thunder

I always liked the looks on Thunder in your old ads. He had a good pedigree to as I recall.

Old Post 11-21-2015 10:54 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Chris; thunder was a good looking hound an a good one an I sure miss him:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-21-2015 11:20 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Grizz's favorite youth handler got his first buck last week...

Old Post 11-23-2015 03:29 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brian Jennewein
UKC Forum Member

Thats awesome Adam,those are some of the best memories you will ever make!

#3 Historical Reproducer
2014 Pkc Redbone Days Champion
Grnitech winner American Redbone Days Wisconsin
Fellowship hunt winner American Redbone Days Cuba Missouri
Autumn Oaks Grnitech cast winner
#1 Redbone Performance Sire 2017

Grnitech Pkc Ch Jennewein & Peels Doctor Feelgood (semen)
Grnitech Silver Ch Jenneweins Heads Creek Moonshine (semen)
Grnitech Pkc Ch Moonlight Aftershock (semen)

Nitech Ch Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy RIP owned by Paula Jennewein

Grnitech Insane Xena RIP
Heads Creek Rockstar

2022 Person Of the Year
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc.

2008 Redbone Hunter of the Year

Old Post 11-23-2015 03:35 PM
Brian Jennewein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Jennewein Click here to Send Brian Jennewein a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Jennewein Find more posts by Brian Jennewein Add Brian Jennewein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Why to go Eli, I Guess you had to show your dad how to get a Big One;Old Grizz is missing you come by an see him or we will have to take him out for a hunt:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-24-2015 01:11 AM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Jennewein
Thats awesome Adam,those are some of the best memories you will ever make!

I agree Brian, I'm living the dream with my two boys and I'm extremely grateful. thanks.

Old Post 11-24-2015 03:37 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Redbone hunters out there: take time to give thanks for the blessings of the Lord he has put up on us: my I ask a question what are you thankful for this year: I am thankful for the salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ: I am thankfull for the blessings the Lord has put up on me and my Family: and I am also thankful for my Redbone Friends: let someone know what you're thankful for: we all have a lot to be thankful for:Ken Shew

Lenoir NC

Old Post 11-26-2015 04:22 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

I wanted to share my nephew's first turkey from the spring, Mr. Fisher Shew.

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-03-2015 01:43 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

The Box call that Fisher used to get this big bird he help make at my dad woodcarving shop; they work great as you can see: why to go Fisher:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-03-2015 09:30 PM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

If you won't to get you a Big Bird this Spring than you need a Shew's hillbilly Box Call:as you can they do work:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-09-2015 01:12 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

If you won't to get you a Big Bird this Spring than you need a Shew's hillbilly Box Call:as you can they do work:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-09-2015 01:12 AM
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

A hunt from last week with Grizz and my newest addition, Grizz's sister Lucy. Ran this one up a huge hemlock but we got him to look!

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-14-2015 01:19 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Looks good Ken!

Old Post 12-14-2015 01:55 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Hey Kenneth it was nice to meet you tonight and griz looks like a nice hound good luck with him!!!

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 12-18-2015 04:38 AM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbillyreds
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Robbie it was nice meeting you too and I had a great time hope we can do it again sometime:

Lenoir NC

Old Post 12-18-2015 05:00 PM
Brian Jennewein
UKC Forum Member

Ken you should get with Adam and hunt Grizz with that big ladies world champion he has out there,I would be interested in seeing how Grizz stacks up against him.

#3 Historical Reproducer
2014 Pkc Redbone Days Champion
Grnitech winner American Redbone Days Wisconsin
Fellowship hunt winner American Redbone Days Cuba Missouri
Autumn Oaks Grnitech cast winner
#1 Redbone Performance Sire 2017

Grnitech Pkc Ch Jennewein & Peels Doctor Feelgood (semen)
Grnitech Silver Ch Jenneweins Heads Creek Moonshine (semen)
Grnitech Pkc Ch Moonlight Aftershock (semen)

Nitech Ch Jenneweins Fast & Furious Fergy RIP owned by Paula Jennewein

Grnitech Insane Xena RIP
Heads Creek Rockstar

2022 Person Of the Year

2008 Redbone Hunter of the Year

Old Post 12-22-2015 05:07 AM
Brian Jennewein is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Jennewein Click here to Send Brian Jennewein a Private Message Click Here to Email Brian Jennewein Find more posts by Brian Jennewein Add Brian Jennewein to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Brian, I appreciate the kind comments.

I think highly of Grizz, we spent a ton of time together, just me, him and the darkness. But, I actually explained to Shane that since Mac would be here but a short while I would afford him the same hard work that I did for Mr. Ken, which means mostly alone time.

That said, I'd say I easily put 45 days in Grizz before he ever seen another dog on my time. I know how extremely helpful that is and was for him to also get some education in this terrain. Then, we made our way to NTCH.

I'm no self proclaimed trainer, and I'm not paid, and I don't wanna be. I just really enjoy hunting and really enjoy good dog work. I also have exclusive access to much more land than nearly anyone around me so I can spread out my coverage and that helps any dog as well. That might be because a lot of said land is not for the weak of heart...or lungs...or legs. Ha. Just ask Ken.

Anyhow, this is Ken's thread so I'll shut up. Ken is keeping Grizz in the woods and in shape, we talk about every other day. And I also hear he got a new shine pup that can rattle the Windows already!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Old Post 12-22-2015 09:59 PM