UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > father daughter cross
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MJRKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

father daughter cross

has anybody done this did pups turn out will ukc paper them or is this to close input please

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2008 01:36 AM
MJRKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MJRKENNELS Click here to Send MJRKENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by MJRKENNELS Add MJRKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maniac
UKC Forum Member

Re: father daughter cross

quote:
Originally posted by MJRKENNELS
has anybody done this did pups turn out will ukc paper them or is this to close input please
ask joe newlin

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Old Post 12-24-2008 01:38 AM
Maniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maniac Click here to Send Maniac a Private Message Find more posts by Maniac Add Maniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dogboy
Banned

i

would say they will be crazey i would not breed that way but it is up to you.we need to beter the bread

Old Post 12-24-2008 01:45 AM
dogboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogboy Click here to Send dogboy a Private Message Click Here to Email dogboy Find more posts by dogboy Add dogboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaneToad
UKC Forum Member

inbred

UKC will register them, but it will say inbred on the papers.
Had one someone else bred, didn't turn out.
If they are exactly what you want in a hound it might work out in your favor. Might not.

Old Post 12-24-2008 01:52 AM
CaneToad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaneToad Click here to Send CaneToad a Private Message Click Here to Email CaneToad Find more posts by CaneToad Add CaneToad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

i crossed DanIII to his daughter, so far it is a nice litter..all the pups started going to the woods at 4mo. old and catching coon and at 5mo were making good tree dogs..but i have had this line since the early 80's and know and owned most dogs in there pedigree...if your not real sure of there ancesters you could have problems surface..

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 12-24-2008 02:04 AM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dogboy
Banned

btt

problems will surface 4 sure and the next cross will be worse

Old Post 12-24-2008 02:09 AM
dogboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dogboy Click here to Send dogboy a Private Message Click Here to Email dogboy Find more posts by dogboy Add dogboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

I'm not for it.

Traits are super intensified, good and bad.
If both dogs and ancesters are near perfect you might be ok. The traits can do funny things though in some cases. A balanced female may throw tight mouth pups or dogs with too much track and not enough tree, or vis versa. Also it seems flaws like cherry eye, hip displasia, hurnias, shyness and things like that can show up. Of course these things can show up anyway even when you make an outcross, but it seems breeding this close increases odds of trouble though.
You can get real nice dogs though too, better cooners than the Sire and Dam in some cases.
Some say its a good test of a line.
If you don't mind culling the bad ones, I guess it doesn't hurt to test the line.
Thats my thoughts from what i've heard and seen. I bred father daughter with hogs ( had a real nice Boar hog ) and it worked great, of course they don't have to be able to do too much, but they gained good and went to market quick.
Darrin

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 12-24-2008 02:29 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

I owned ( I did not do the breeding) two litter mate sisters off a father X daughter cross.

Both were coon treeing dogs.

Both of them are dead now, and I still have the papers. Funny thing is that UKC stamped one of them "inbred", but the other was not stamped.

Last I knew, one of the other littermate females was still alive and kicking in Illinois...she is a coon treeing fool, and is a reproducer of honest to goodness coon dogs....

Old Post 12-24-2008 03:14 AM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PlottChaser
UKC Forum Member

never had any experience myself, but talked to plenty of guys that claimed they saw some great dogs fro father/daughter crosses. problem is there are plenty of guys that won't have nothing to do with them and won't buy the pups or take you very seriously.

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Old Post 12-24-2008 04:43 AM
PlottChaser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PlottChaser Click here to Send PlottChaser a Private Message Click Here to Email PlottChaser Find more posts by PlottChaser Add PlottChaser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lyndon Smith
UKC Forum Member

Re: inbred

quote:
Originally posted by CaneToad
UKC will register them, but it will say inbred on the papers.
Had one someone else bred, didn't turn out.
If they are exactly what you want in a hound it might work out in your favor. Might not.

Dont know if it i certain breeds but i have a pup that is out of a mother X son cross papers NOT STAMPED INBRED OR ANY THIING

(NiteCh.CH. Smith's Bad To The Bone Stacy)(F) (Setum Up Ace Again X Ragin River Setum Up Allie)
(CH Smith's 5 Toe Kymo Joe)(F)(Blackrose Mongo X Tall Oak's Smokin Cinder)
(CH T&T Tree Demonator)(M)(Setum Up Ace Again x Bad To The Bones Little Sally)
(CH Smiths BTTB Funky cold medina)( F) (Nelsons Northern cash X 2 Time Shine)
Owners
17 yr. old Timothy Smith 11 yr. old Tonya Smith
Cell(608)-797-1243
click here to email
aceagain9@gmail.com

Old Post 12-24-2008 10:48 AM
Lyndon Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lyndon Smith Click here to Send Lyndon Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Lyndon Smith Find more posts by Lyndon Smith Add Lyndon Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

UKC

THEY DON'T STAMP THEM ANYMORE. WE HAVE A NTCH. MALE FROM A FATHER DAUGHTER CROSS. <v>

Old Post 12-24-2008 03:29 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyward
UKC Forum Member

linebreeding

There is nothing wrong with breeding dogs like this, especially performance dogs. Breeding in this manner won't create behavior/performance traits nor make your dogs 'crazy" as one expert put it. This style of breeding will make you, the breeder, aware of the flaws in your chosen dogs. Without knowing the flaws of your breeding stock how can you improve the breed. This is genetics 101 at its simplest.

Old Post 12-24-2008 04:35 PM
Skyward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyward Click here to Send Skyward a Private Message Click Here to Email Skyward Find more posts by Skyward Add Skyward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Butterbean26
UKC Forum Member

I don't think anyone realy knows about genetics. I do know that some crosses are better than others but you don't know that for sure untill the cross is made. If alot of people knew about genetics than their stud dog should never have a bad pup. Just my oppinion. I have hunted with a dog out of a brother & sister cross and she was a mental case idiot that needed to be shot.

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:22 PM
Butterbean26 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Butterbean26 Click here to Send Butterbean26 a Private Message Find more posts by Butterbean26 Add Butterbean26 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLUETICKBUCK
UKC Forum Member

FATHER DAUGHTER CROSS

NTCH.CH. BUCKS RUSH CREEK BUD

NITECH.GRCH.'PR'BUCK'S RUSH CREEK BLAZE (NITECH GRCH'PR'PERRYS RUSH CREEK OPPY+GRNITECH GRCH'PR'J.R.'S NIGHT TALKIN PEARL)( BOS 2014 IOWA SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP OVERALL SHOW WINNER,BOS LE GRAND RQE,BOS 2014 HEARTLAND CLASSIC, CH Male 2014 BBOA Zone3,3rd 2015 BBOA Zone3, 4th and CH Male 2015 RQE Arthur WI, 1st 2015 Purina Badger State Championship,2015 Iowa State BBCHA State Championship King of Show,2015 Iowa state governor cup CH Male)

GRNITECH Oppy's Rush Creek Spit (5th 2015 RQE Bluetick Reunion)

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:32 PM
BLUETICKBUCK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLUETICKBUCK Click here to Send BLUETICKBUCK a Private Message Click Here to Email BLUETICKBUCK Find more posts by BLUETICKBUCK Add BLUETICKBUCK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyward
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Butterbean26
I don't think anyone realy knows about genetics. I do know that some crosses are better than others but you don't know that for sure untill the cross is made. If alot of people knew about genetics than their stud dog should never have a bad pup. Just my oppinion. I have hunted with a dog out of a brother & sister cross and she was a mental case idiot that needed to be shot.

Anytime you introduce new gene sequences into a breeding program, the resulting manifestations are increasingly difficult to predict. As the standard of deviation becomes greater, it becomes more difficult to routinely produce performance dogs 2-3 standard deviations above the mean due simply to the fact that neither of the breeding pair are dominant in any way. They are more of a representation of their owner as opposed to their genetics. When this occurs generation after generation, the result is average producing dogs that are really no better producers than the rest. In short, the tighter the breeding, the more you are going to realize both the good and bad from your chosen line. Genetics are what they are, breeding a father-daughter or brother-sister doesn't create an "idiot" gene. The idiot gene was always there, you just became aware of it by doing a breeding that provided you the answer.

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:44 PM
Skyward is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyward Click here to Send Skyward a Private Message Click Here to Email Skyward Find more posts by Skyward Add Skyward to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John M. Horner
UKC Forum Member

Actually the head of small animal reproduction at Iowa State at Ames told me one of the best crosses I could do was to breed Cornell to his mother.He told me to keep the whole litter and realize that culling would have to be apart of the breeding program.And as you double up the good genes some will double up on the bad cull the bad keep the good you actually can breed the bad out.And you can end up with a line of dogs that you can predict to alot of ceartanity how their going to trail and tree,how there going to act in the pen,how their going to sound.He said in Europe in their hunting dogs they have always bred this way and only go for an outcross every so many generations and do alot of studying on the outcross.But it has always been kind of taboo in U.S.

Last edited by John M. Horner on 12-24-2008 at 05:52 PM

Old Post 12-24-2008 05:49 PM
John M. Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John M. Horner Click here to Send John M. Horner a Private Message Find more posts by John M. Horner Add John M. Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyward
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John M. Horner
Actually the head of small animal reproduction at Iowa State at Ames told me one of the best crosses I could do was to breed Cornell to his mother.He told me to keep the whole litter and realize that culling would have to be apart of the breeding program.And as you double up the good genes some will double up on the bad cull the bad keep the good you actually can breed the bad out.And you can end up with a line of dogs that you can predict to alot of ceartanity how their going to trail and tree,how there going to act in the pen,how their going to sound.He said in Europe in their hunting dogs they have always bred this way and only go for an outcross every so many generations and do alot of studying on the outcross.But it has always been kind of taboo in U.S.

A man after my own heart. I have always wondered why the vast majority of hound breeders haven't done this. I have almost 20 years of experience breeding this way in another breed and the results speak for themselves. Its funny to see all the ads for stud dogs yet very few of them are bred in a way that gives you any kind of odds at getting anything like the stud. If breeders would spend more time categorizing their strengths and weaknesses to solidify the good and breed to weed out the bad, as they do refining their sales pitch, they and the breed would be much better off. I guess the majority aren't aware so no harm no foul and the deception continues.

Old Post 12-24-2008 06:37 PM
Les Young
UKC Forum Member

MJRKENNELS

I saw a young dog a buddy of mine had out of a father daughter cross i would of loved to had, he was a track driving fool & was a tree dog second to none with the meat. i also saw one out of a littermate to littermate cross that was just as good & really liked it also , hard going track driving fool also tree dog with the meat. if both are layed back calm natured dogs that you think their strengths would compliment each other i wouldn't be afraid to give it a try,but if doesn't work i wouldn't be afraid to cull them either.but if it does work i would make an extreme outcross the next time with something that still has the strenghts you think you need bred in but totally unrelated as much as possible. we all know they go back to a very few bloodlines any.

06' UKC World Championship Finalist
Kings Mtn Stylish Nut

Last edited by Les Young on 12-24-2008 at 07:00 PM

Old Post 12-24-2008 06:53 PM
Les Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young Click here to Send Les Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young Find more posts by Les Young Add Les Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

dave dean

has done this type of crossing back n forth for years. some like it and some don't. example....gr nite ch warson's northern blue trapper. brother x sister. i did the 1981 bbcha article on trapper 10 years after his death. be amazed what he reproduced. far enough back in some pedigrees even today. another littermate to trapper....ch, nite biscamp's blue lisa. she laid the foundation for some of the late hoy's blues. i'm sure there are more. also...hammer VI's dam was by trapper. i believe jim rosenwald may of had some inbreeding?! not sure. it's probably been done and no one "admits" to it....LOL!!!!

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Last edited by lauraroeder on 12-24-2008 at 07:16 PM

Old Post 12-24-2008 07:13 PM
lauraroeder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lauraroeder Click here to Send lauraroeder a Private Message Find more posts by lauraroeder Add lauraroeder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John M. Horner
UKC Forum Member

One of the things Dr. Larry Evans explained to me the proper cross to achieve your goal is a father to daughter,mother to son because your doubling up with less variables compared to a brother and sister cross,because you don't know what genetics the son took from the mother or father and the same on the sister.I'm going to breed Cornell back to his Mother on the next heat cycle.Then keep the whole litter and breed Cornell back to which ever daughter out of that cross acts and hunts the most like him.Obviously I'm not doing this for monetary but to see if I can achieve a strain that looks and acts like Cornell.I enjoy hunting him and thats why I ask Dr. Larry Evans how to acheive it I myself was a little surprised when he laid it out.But I pondered on it and I'm going to try it.I had another person with breeding expierence tell me that this was the right way to do it!!!!

Last edited by John M. Horner on 12-24-2008 at 10:37 PM

Old Post 12-24-2008 10:25 PM
John M. Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John M. Horner Click here to Send John M. Horner a Private Message Find more posts by John M. Horner Add John M. Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikescott
UKC Forum Member

I MADE A SON TO MOTHER CROSS AND IT HAS WORKED REAL WELL 3 OUT OF 4 ARE TREEING THIER OWN COONS THE RIGHT WAY THEY ARE NOW 18 months old AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT IF BOTH PARENTS WERE WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR IN A HOUND

Old Post 12-25-2008 12:25 AM
mikescott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikescott Click here to Send mikescott a Private Message Click Here to Email mikescott Find more posts by mikescott Add mikescott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MJRKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 12-25-2008 06:33 AM
MJRKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MJRKENNELS Click here to Send MJRKENNELS a Private Message Find more posts by MJRKENNELS Add MJRKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dogboy
Banned

john

.i know manney manney breeders in europ you know why.becals breeders in the us have destroyed some lines of dogs here so now we half to buy good stock from europ and fly the dogs here.I WISH IT WAS A LAW in the us to stop stupid breeding like that befor the walker breed is destroyed.europen people take pride in there breeding if that dr did not lye to you john i beat the public did not know about it.if i am not wrong it is aginst the law there still to register a dog if not at least 1 parent to be a champion befor the pups can be registered fci..i gave 12,000,00 just to buy 1 bitch 9 months old in europ and 1,600.00 to fly her here.the dogs here in the us are destroyed by inbreeding so much and it is starting to take a bad toll every where and the breeders here know it but wount admit it. hd and chreey eyes and maney other things is starting to show worse every singel year in the walker breed.get on line and talk to some breeders in europ you will see wat i mean.the us is starting to beed dogs now like china but why china dos bad breeding is becals dogs is one of there mane food sorce there.you can also have blood work dun on a dog to tell you how much inbreeding the dog has now in it bood.they do that every day in europ they line breed not inbreed and they still keep up with the blood worke so they can tell when to make a out cross.50 years from now not maney lines of dogs here in the stats will half enuff cence to walk across the road let along be good to train for wat ever there bread for. one more big defernce is i get 3,500,00 just for a six week old pup.american breed stock i would be lucky to get 500.00 for a pup that is one big difernce and the dogs i breed to train for protiction must be 100 percent from europen lines and europ cant save the walker breed as they have some they are no walkers there being breed to save our walker ling of hounds.WAKE UP AMERICE BEFOR IT IS TO LATE EARL PITS....ps to most on here this is a waste of time preaching and also health test befor breeding and we all will have better line of dog.i just hope some kids reads this if it happens the kid will rember this and say that crazey man was rite 50 years ago

Last edited by dogboy on 12-25-2008 at 07:33 AM

Old Post 12-25-2008 07:19 AM
dogboy
Banned

skyward

wat line of dogs you been breading for 20 years that speak for there sealf.do you have a web sit.

Old Post 12-25-2008 09:16 AM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Re: john

quote:
Originally posted by dogboy
.i just hope some kids reads this if it happens the kid will rember this and say that crazey man was rite 50 years ago

My God I just Hope Some Kid Can Understand what you just Wrote !!!!

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 12-25-2008 01:01 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote