UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > From Dreaming to Live Streaming
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

From Dreaming to Live Streaming

What a Journey. I can remember back well over 50 years ago sitting on the porch talking to an old dog. Telling him one day the we would be in the woods chasing varmints. Dreaming about the varmints he would chase and how good he would be at it. Didn't know anything about his genetics or even what that was. Didn't know about his ability, or his desire to even find something to bark at. But the truth is. That doesn't really matter to a dream. The dream was that it was going to happen and it would all be fun. It's been fun and it has been real. Just at times not real fun. The woods, the swamps and life in general can throw you a curve ball at any moment. You can be walking down hill and a second later be rolling down the same hill. Life can trip you up and send you in a tailspin.
Now many people can go out and sit down and still dream about their hounds. But with the push of one button on the phone. They can go from dreaming to live streaming. The world never saw their dreams but they can see the results. Wonder if the results are close to the dreams that got them there.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2019 12:42 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well when I was young I was full of fire and not very good dogs. Now I got pretty good dogs but not much fire. But it can be coming a flood outside and I can pick up my phone or iPad and be coonhunting in Indiana ( somewhere easy ) and that suits me just fine setting in my chair lol.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2019 12:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Facebook Live

Even though you only get to see a very small part of the hunt I like to livestream for people who

A. don't know what coon hunting is or what it is about.
B. know what coon hunting is but don't have the opportunity to go
C. to make a positive image on the sport and try to involve others!