UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pink noses
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hardball
UKC Forum Member

Pink noses

Where did all these pink nosed walker pups come from? 30 years ago I almost never saw them in pups, now they show up regularly.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-02-2020 12:55 AM
Hardball is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardball Click here to Send Hardball a Private Message Find more posts by Hardball Add Hardball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pink noses

Lol. Birddogs

Old Post 06-02-2020 01:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardball
UKC Forum Member

Don’t see them in English, Redbone or Black and Tan? Maybe the bird dogs gave the Holstein an edge. Lol

Old Post 06-02-2020 01:24 AM
Hardball is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardball Click here to Send Hardball a Private Message Find more posts by Hardball Add Hardball to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardball
UKC Forum Member

Don’t see them in English, Redbone or Black and Tan? Maybe the bird dogs gave the Holstein an edge. Lol

Old Post 06-02-2020 01:24 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Pink nosed dogs can’t work cold tracks.

Tar

Old Post 06-02-2020 01:37 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

What about the blue eyes? My Brother always said both came from Stylish bloodlines? JesseJ

Old Post 06-02-2020 02:37 AM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Redbones have some too

I've seen a few Redbones with a Pink nose. Always heard it was from those Bird dog crosses years ago.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 06-02-2020 03:19 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Pink noses

I was just kidding when I said bird dog, a lot of puppies are born with pink noses that darken as they age. Now there are breeds that have pink noses as adults, bird dogs are not pink nosed as adults. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-02-2020 at 04:05 AM

Old Post 06-02-2020 03:32 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Thank Joe House

Old Post 06-02-2020 01:34 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Roy knows. Enough said.

Old Post 06-02-2020 03:16 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

had

a kid here tattoo the pink on his walkers nose.. I wouldn't pick him in shows because it was called a fault by TWBFA .. So if his dog and another dog in the show were close the other dog won.. He told me the pink finally went black... actually picked him once after the tattoo job.. Really a bench show means that much to ya kid !!! This was in the 80's early 90's...

Old Post 06-03-2020 12:56 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: had

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Valentino
a kid here tattoo the pink on his walkers nose.. I wouldn't pick him in shows because it was called a fault by TWBFA .. So if his dog and another dog in the show were close the other dog won.. He told me the pink finally went black... actually picked him once after the tattoo job.. Really a bench show means that much to ya kid !!! This was in the 80's early 90's...

That’s kinda like supergluing their toes together so they have cat feet on the bench lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-03-2020 01:05 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

My first hound in the mid 80's was a pink nosed yellow eyed 35 lb Gr Nt Ch redbone female named Pinky. I haven't seen many since that had the locating ability she had. She had littermates that looked the same and every female pup she had from two litters looked the same. Ugly as sin but they treed coons

Last edited by Donnie Stevens on 06-03-2020 at 01:39 AM

Old Post 06-03-2020 01:35 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donnie Stevens

Lol. You ever come across another ugly red bone as good as pinky, please call me I want her or him. Dave

Old Post 06-03-2020 02:46 AM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Dave I wasn't old enough to drive I thought all "coondogs" we're that way lol. I think she was almost grand before she scored less then 700+ on a cast....that ugly little dog taught me a lot about huntin....and a little about life.

Old Post 06-03-2020 03:08 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donnie Stevens

I could sure use one like her, funny how being young our take on life was way different, we did not have all of the bias that we pick up as we age. Keep me in mind should you ever run into another pinky. Dave

Old Post 06-03-2020 03:13 AM
barnescreek
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Pink nosed dogs can’t work cold tracks.

Tar

That’s not true.

Old Post 06-03-2020 01:53 PM
barnescreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barnescreek Click here to Send barnescreek a Private Message Find more posts by barnescreek Add barnescreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fireballs
Banned

Yadkin Tar Rattler threw a lot of pink noses and dew claws

Old Post 06-03-2020 05:28 PM
Fireballs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fireballs Click here to Send Fireballs a Private Message Click Here to Email Fireballs Find more posts by Fireballs Add Fireballs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

Probably shouldn't but

I think they getem from running into the back of a slow bluetick trying to cold trail a hot track! What you think Brian Holt

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid! (John Wayne)

Old Post 06-03-2020 05:36 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
Thank Joe House

Yep! and more people need to do it!!!

Old Post 06-03-2020 05:54 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fireballs
[B]Yadkin Tar Rattler threw a lot of pink noses and dew claws

Don't know what females he was bred to where you saw pink noses and dew claws but I saw quite a few out of him and never saw it. Maybe a bit of pink on a puppy nose that went away but never saw any dew claws.

Old Post 06-03-2020 06:04 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

I was always told pink noses, blue eyes and dew claws came from Stylish Queen.

I think they've removed pink on noses as a fault from the breed standards now.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 06-04-2020 12:36 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pink noses

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I was just kidding when I said bird dog, a lot of puppies are born with pink noses that darken as they age. Now there are breeds that have pink noses as adults, bird dogs are not pink nosed as adults. Dave

English pointers can have a pink nose as adults.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 06-04-2020 01:54 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

checked

the Walker standard, white or pink spots in the nostrils or on the nose are ok... No more need for a tattoo job LOL... Have seen Redbones with lighter noses.. Heck treeing coon in style is my best indicator of a coon dog not nose color...

Old Post 06-04-2020 01:56 AM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Wayne

I think the same way, color does not matter on the body, nose toenail or anywhere else if they are a coon dog. When a man pays more attention to color than the things that really matter, just who is he kidding? Ugly dogs can sure enough be pretty when you can honestly call them a coon dog. Dave

Old Post 06-04-2020 02:42 AM