UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > heatwave
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

heatwave

hows everybody doing in this early heat wave man its sure ruff on this ole man the wife been in the pool all day its just not my thing i stay in the house where its cool just keep going out keeping fresh water to the dogs its 91 here with a heat index of 94 with all this humidty

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-27-2012 11:08 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Its hotter than hades here. I guess we better get use to it. Got about 4 months of it to go lol.

Old Post 05-28-2012 01:09 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

was stacking logs on a cabin yesturday and got to hot.... hardest work im use to is coon hunting so it really told on me

Old Post 05-28-2012 01:18 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I was river fishing yesterday and got pretty hot. Was some good scenery though. So I tuffed it out awhile. Killed a rattle snake going in and then saw 5 more snakes in the river. When the one snake come swimming across the river locked in on me. I decided the air condition at the house was the place to be. Heat had em close to water I recken.

Old Post 05-28-2012 01:36 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
I was river fishing yesterday and got pretty hot. Was some good scenery though. So I tuffed it out awhile. Killed a rattle snake going in and then saw 5 more snakes in the river. When the one snake come swimming across the river locked in on me. I decided the air condition at the house was the place to be. Heat had em close to water I recken.
thats the best thing to do stay in where its cool wife keeps talking about gone fishin i told her i aint bank fishing i always kept a bass boat but sold my last 1 about 4 yrs ago all it did was sit but it was pretty to look at a 17 ft nitro bought it new still looked like new you stay cool ole buddy dont let them snakes get ya

Old Post 05-28-2012 03:08 AM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david r
UKC Forum Member

cut,raked,baled and put up 1200 square bales this week. This heat sucks!

Team Trouble

Old Post 05-28-2012 03:15 AM
david r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david r Click here to Send david r a Private Message Click Here to Email david r Find more posts by david r Add david r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

heat

know what you mean my buddy talking about starting putting his hay up next week if they take this rain outa the forecast he round bales most his but wanting to square bale 1 meadow for horse hay dont know how we did it back when i was growing up on the farm we did it with horses and a pair of mules my grandpap didnt want a tractor on his farm but farming has really came along ways over the yrs what part of va you from dave r i got 2 grandkids in culpepper my first wife was from culpepper

Last edited by hillbilly56 on 05-28-2012 at 03:47 AM

Old Post 05-28-2012 03:45 AM
david r
UKC Forum Member

we were cutting square bales for a horse farm. I would rather do round for my cattle. I am in Natural Bridge, which is between Lexington VA and Roanoke. The Blue Ridge. Fine country!

Team Trouble

Old Post 05-28-2012 12:16 PM
david r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david r Click here to Send david r a Private Message Click Here to Email david r Find more posts by david r Add david r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

yea

its alot easier doing the round bales the square bales is alot of work we buy round bales sit them out in winter for the horses guess im old school i like the square bales better easy to feed in the barn your right thats nice country down your way

Old Post 05-28-2012 05:44 PM
belly up
UKC Forum Member

hot and dry here to hate it

Home of
PR' TREEING CODY

Old Post 05-28-2012 09:11 PM
belly up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for belly up Click here to Send belly up a Private Message Find more posts by belly up Add belly up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

heat

yea its going to be a long hot summer the way its starting out my daughter in law is pretty upset she put a fan on her pomerrain dog out on the porch they dont have air on the farm where thier at think she had a heat stroke found her dead on the porch this moroning but she was 12 or 14 yrs old

Old Post 05-28-2012 09:43 PM
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i hate to hear that hillbilly, heat is harder on dogs then the cold.its been mighty hot here in s e tennessee, when i come in from cooning i look like i just climbed out of a creek.

Old Post 05-29-2012 05:04 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackntreeman
Banned

IVE ALWAYS RAISED LITTERS OF PUS IN THE WINTER BUT THIS YEAR WILL BE MY FIRST SUMMER LITTER DUE IN MID JULY , I KNOW WITH HOW HOT ITS BEEN ILL HAVE TO KEEP A FAN ON EM , WHERE MY WHELPING LOT IS IT STAYS SHADED BUT STILL MUGGY HOT NO MATTER THE SHADE .

@ Stud , 5 Gen . All Grand ,
Nite Ch Track Driver " Tank "
( 3 wins to GrNtCh )

Nite Ch Ch Bell Mtn. Megan
(2012 UKC WV Gov. Cup Champ)

Our Past Titled Hounds :

Gr Nite Ch Cord's Lil Rattler
Nite Ch Stylish Black Jack
Nite Ch Ch Wabash River Snap
Nite Ch Skipper's Stylish Hanna

Sponsered By :
Hillbilly Deluxe Dog Box's
(828) 925-4071
Eisenhut Dog Supply
(304) 984-1430
Mountainside gps/telemetry
Collar sales/repair
(540) 679-9628

(304) 549-1767 , Andy Rectenwald

Old Post 05-29-2012 05:44 AM
trackntreeman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trackntreeman Click here to Send trackntreeman a Private Message Click Here to Email trackntreeman Find more posts by trackntreeman Add trackntreeman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, FELLERS, IT'S BEEN HOTTER THAN A HENWEIGH HERE LATELY!!!

Old Post 05-29-2012 05:54 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Hey Preacher!!!
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, FELLERS, IT'S BEEN HOTTER THAN A HENWEIGH HERE LATELY!!!

Please define henweigh. A PLAYBOY, Definition Of The Day, no doubt. We down here in the humid south must be paying the Preacher. We been blessed with a plenty of rain and topical disturbances and lightnin soaked clouds of Nitrogen so that even a cheapskate farmer ought to make 200 bushels. It ain't Made yet though. But Close, Close Close.

Those English Definitions give me a chuckle too, for they are valid definitions in Maritime Law. The Supreemes even leave them alone for the most part . LOL.

Old Post 05-29-2012 06:18 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

LYLE, ARE YOU ASKING "WHAT'S A HENWEIGH"??? WELL, ABOUT 3-7 POUNDS, DEPENDING ON BREED!!!

Old Post 05-29-2012 07:22 PM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

heat wave

we got some relief today got a pretty good rain cooled things thank the lord

Old Post 05-29-2012 08:08 PM
Whordel
Banned

Hey 56! How ya doing???You dang right its hot.Took Jakey out lastnight and about burnt up.Think Ill go hit a paylake tonight lol.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 05-29-2012 08:12 PM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Whordel
Hey 56! How ya doing???You dang right its hot.Took Jakey out lastnight and about burnt up.Think Ill go hit a paylake tonight lol.
doin alright i guess for a wore out ole man you doin alright yea this heat been pretty bad think i be like a ole groundhog im going to hole up for the summer lol take care ole buddy

Old Post 05-29-2012 08:44 PM