UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > high and dry on "this side of river"
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mnb&t
UKC Forum Member

high and dry on "this side of river"

got out tonight with trix and sky. perfect hunting weather with temp in mid 40's and 20mph wind with some light sprinkling. felt dang cold though was dressed light as always and on buggy so teeth were **** near chattering. was having long distance comp hunt sharing play by play with welder buddy from couple big rivers east of here....

first drop trix and sky went different directions. nothing heard even hunting wind best i could. sky checked in after some time and just as was gonna tell her in my own way to be somewhere else she shot back out. got dogs collected couple miles further with nothing going and was frustrated. text from the welder coon treed. now was really frustrated!!! LOL.

dumped again and heard dogs strike but didnt sound remotely hot and out of hearing for most part. wasnt hearing anything from welder and knew my dogs would be catching up soon on the score card. long track and single treed. moved to next spot and cut loose again and not hunting wind in face never heard a thing but garmin said treed 240yds from where ended up driving around to. guessing a lay up or pop up with single.

surrendered the flag and headed home cold and tired. got word from the welder his dog decided to do some swimming on big river so his score card was locked...(least by my rules)... hopefully he found a boat or jet ski and got little G collected. LOL.

i won by my rules having 2 coons but also had 2 dogs so cancels that out but tie breaker was my boots never going in standing water. i was able to make rules as went along beings my states college football team ranked WAY above the welders "home" team!!!

my wanna be potlickers first tree.

sky baby and her mama trix.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-12-2016 08:04 AM
mnb&t is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mnb&t Click here to Send mnb&t a Private Message Find more posts by mnb&t Add mnb&t to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote