UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Top Producer List
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I read on here once where someone suggested having the number of pups required to make the list depend on what breed the dog is, I sorta liked that idea. Take a look at the TPL, look at the number difference between walkers and plotts, and all the breeds in between.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2011 11:51 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tinner1762
New UKC Forum Member

top producer list

plain and simple; some dogs get hunted in hunts some not. some get lucky in a hunt. some are just good ole dogs that wont hunt with "ill"dogs. the numbers are similar for most if not all dogs. the big name dogs are advertised and seen by the public. and are sold to competition hunters, their number of pups are higher because some breeders dont care who they breed to. just breed to the "hot" dog at the time. a responsible breeder will pick and choose in the lineage of their own hounds. which brings the argument of outcross vs. line breeding.
PS; i have hunted with ALOT of nt ch. and even a grand or 2 that were either me too dogs or in the right place at the right time. and couldnt tree their own coon if it were in a rolling cage hanging in front of them. one cast in particular was a PKC hunt and the dog winning treed a bobcat. the cat was a titted momma and didnt go far. the dog that won sucked hind tit all night. and wasnt even "off the porch" with the other dogs all night. 25+ yeah, you guessed it he won a split and the owner was glad to split. he knew the dog had no business being in the same woods as the others.
put them in hands of competent handlers or trainers !! but til then we will never be on level ground. its just an argument to be made by those with nothing better to talk about
just saying....

Old Post 03-14-2012 04:45 PM
tinner1762 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tinner1762 Click here to Send tinner1762 a Private Message Click Here to Email tinner1762 Find more posts by tinner1762 Add tinner1762 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harry Plotter
UKC Forum Member

Re: UKC Top Producer List

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The value of of UKC's monthly Top Producers Sires list could be argued endlessly but taking it for whatever it is, what percentage of title reproduction does it take in your own mind to be considered a successfull producer of quality pups. 6%? 7%? 8?
The top 10 for current sires ranges from a low of .54%(Plotts) to a high of 13.41%(Bluetick). So, where's your line between a successfull producer and a yawner? Does it depend on which breed you are looking at? Is 6% above the line for an English but below your line for a Walker? Or is your line the same across the board?
Keep in mind here we are talking in terms of the UKC Top Producers list and not really anything else just for the sake of conversation.

breed shouldn't matter. it's pretty sad that there's dogs of some breeds that are under five percent. but it is a pretty good reflection of what's winning. the top reproducers both male and female show which breeds have the better breeders. and the better dogs overall. when i hear walkers win more cause there are more. i look at the producers lists and see they are tops there too. i think what holds the other breeds back is pure jealousy. just read the classifieds on here if you want a laugh. maybe like htx thread if a dog has a hundred pups and less than five percent they shouldn't be bred anymore. five percent shouldn't be very hard to attain. unless them stud ads are blown up. cause they all say reproducer this and that. breed today don't delay. maybe they should make it mandotory to put the percent of titled dogs in every stud ad in cb.

Old Post 03-23-2012 06:44 AM
Harry Plotter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Plotter Click here to Send Harry Plotter a Private Message Click Here to Email Harry Plotter Find more posts by Harry Plotter Add Harry Plotter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Crocker
Your right Travis, time sure does fly by.

You are right at the time, I believe , but I am probably wrong on exact numbers , that I had a Sackett Jr. dog his numbers were like 27%. The next best walkers in general were about 15%. Then get to looking at other breeds and I was looking at 6,5, 4 and >% . Leopards weren't even listed. I had a Sackett Jr dog I loved and bred him to some cheap idiot road runners that would get gone in the dark and see a coon crossing the road and tree it. So, as my old Sackett dog got old I started looking around because all he could throw was get in the dark get gone road runners. Not all together his fault. So I quit. I got in a different breed , Their % is probably < 1. But I don't really care. I have had keepers I keep and feed and have raised what I keep and feed at about 75% of them suit me and my hunting style. I just wish I would have had my old JR dog to cross on these here cause he knew how to scauld a half circle and come back on the 10% of the time there was no track in that section. Yes , he was a different kind of Walker and He and I knew it.

Last edited by l.lyle on 03-23-2012 at 07:54 AM

Old Post 03-23-2012 07:24 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote