UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > All black dog hunt??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Boom's Hellrazr
UKC Forum Member

All black dog hunt??

A guy in our area had a all bluetick hunt. Dogs had to be ukc or pkc registered to be eligible to hunt. They used ukc hunting rules with a non hunting judge. Entry fee was 100 per dog winner takes all except for fees for the park. I was wondering how many people would be interested? Hunting would be in oblong il which is 7 miles from robinson. Camping with electric is available at the park.

They had over 50 blue dog enter would love to top that number!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2015 03:46 AM
Boom's Hellrazr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boom's Hellrazr Click here to Send Boom's Hellrazr a Private Message Click Here to Email Boom's Hellrazr Find more posts by Boom's Hellrazr Add Boom's Hellrazr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Good luck. We tried it at our club. Had 3 send in entries. Most just don't want bring them to town. You can talk about how good they are but trying to back the talk up stops a lot of em.

Old Post 03-25-2015 05:33 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boom's Hellrazr
UKC Forum Member

I seen on here people talking about having one but can't get a good area. We have camping and in thick coons. Would be a good time I'm sure.

Old Post 03-25-2015 04:52 PM
Boom's Hellrazr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boom's Hellrazr Click here to Send Boom's Hellrazr a Private Message Click Here to Email Boom's Hellrazr Find more posts by Boom's Hellrazr Add Boom's Hellrazr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

You might do some good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If you had it on Tuesday night before B&T days starts on Thursday. I should have said Wednesday night because they have the old timers hunt on Wednesday nite. High Ridge is right about them not taking the black dogs to town. A lot of good dogs never get to town period.

Be who you are and say what you feel Because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

Bruce Hobbs
918 645 3740
Rickyman777@gmail.com

Old Post 03-25-2015 05:32 PM
Bruce Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Hobbs Click here to Send Bruce Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Hobbs Find more posts by Bruce Hobbs Add Bruce Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

Some of the best dogs in any breed never get to a nite hunt.. WHY??? The hunts are not any fun. You have to put up with pro handlers, incompetent guides that don't know the area well and will put your dog in harms way, judges that don't know the rules and can be swayed by $$$, lying handlers miscalling their dogs, handlers going blind when the coon is obvious and other bs.... NOT TO MENTION MEAN DOGS.... Vast majority of coonhunters that don't competition hunt have been burned at nitehunts...

Old Post 03-25-2015 06:13 PM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boom's Hellrazr
UKC Forum Member

I live about a hour from flora we can have it on Tuesday night before black n tan days starts. No entry fee and winner of the hunt gets trophy or a hand shake saying they had the best dog that night. Surely nobody will have to lie or cheap to win that. My dog won't even be in the running for cast winner prolly.lol it would be nice to see a woods full of black dogs for a change. I'm in aRea over ran by walkers and blueticks

Old Post 03-25-2015 07:18 PM
Christophernidy
UKC Forum Member

thought about same things

I tried to see if there would be any interest in a money hunt here in ohio and did not get very good results. A few that are close said they would come but most said it was to far or not enough money. Not sure what the dollar amount needed is to get the black dogs off the chain. I hope somebody can find it someday. Just looked through my American cooner and didn't see too many black dogs in any of the pictures. goodluck if you decide to do something.

Give me a call anytime and we can cut loose some black dogs. 330-553-0148

Old Post 03-27-2015 05:09 AM
Christophernidy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Christophernidy Click here to Send Christophernidy a Private Message Click Here to Email Christophernidy Find more posts by Christophernidy Add Christophernidy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boom's Hellrazr
UKC Forum Member

We are going to try to do something whether it be all black dogs or Let other breeds in.

Old Post 03-27-2015 03:17 PM
hlandersjr
UKC Forum Member

Mogan Ridge Kennel count us in and I know a couple of other's in the area that might be interested.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' NOLL'S BLACK BOTTOM ZIP -B&T (R.I.P)
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ACE'S EAZY WEEZY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPPIN HOSS -B&T
FCH NITECH GRCH 'PR' BILLY JOE BLUE -ENG-(R.I.P)
GRCH NITECH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE ZIPLOCK -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGAN RIDGE BLACK MAX -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK DOLLY -B&T
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" LOCKS IMAGE B&T (R.I.P)
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' MOGANRIDGE ROUGHCREEK CANDY -B&T-(R.I.P.)
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE BRUTIS
GRCH GRNITECH "PR" MOGAN RIDGE JAZZ-A-BELL
GRNITECH GRCH "PR" EPPERSONS BOOMING CASH

Old Post 03-28-2015 12:21 AM
hlandersjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hlandersjr Click here to Send hlandersjr a Private Message Click Here to Email hlandersjr Find more posts by hlandersjr Add hlandersjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote