UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Shocking coon prices in wisconsin
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James200
UKC Forum Member

I understand there are people who hide hunt for whatever reason...it's their right.

As for myself...when the price of fur is justification for owning hounds and the upkeep...I'll QUIT.
I hope top dollar for fur is .10 cents for jumbo.I enjoy running ricky another night. On the other hand, if I lived where there were an over abundance of coon I might skin 2 or 3.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2008 10:32 PM
James200 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James200 Click here to Send James200 a Private Message Click Here to Email James200 Find more posts by James200 Add James200 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

I doubt many who are in it for the fur money are useing a hound to collect their fur. And I doubt many run out and buy a dog just to make money on fur. There are just too many other much cheaper ways to do it.

Old Post 11-02-2008 10:36 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fatboy77
UKC Forum Member

Jay Dangers give my cell a call later

NCh PR KRAUSES NORTHWOOD timber diva
2nd place nitech heartland classic friday nite 500+

Tim & Laura Krause

Old Post 11-02-2008 10:49 PM
fatboy77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatboy77 Click here to Send fatboy77 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatboy77 Find more posts by fatboy77 Add fatboy77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I am just going to sit hear quietly and sit on my two typing fingers.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 11-03-2008 12:59 AM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truebluefordman
UKC Forum Member

fb77 your wrong there, people come wanting to buy dog's every year when the price is high on furs, sell there dogs lights and all that crap at the end every year. i have a buddy who sell's the same guys light's every year and then buy's them back every year. so yes people run out and do stuff like this when they think it is easy cash in hand. i know this the hids will be blue in my part of this state till late nov.sure i like 40-50 per hide but i still kill coons when there 1.00 i just dont pack them out of the woods for 1.00. and i dont kill as many when the price is low, save them for some day pups or training peoples dogs.and at 50 per hide i take one coon per tree no matter what. yes we could kill off every coon if we all did not do our part to keep the art/sport of coon hunting alive. i kill'd 209 coons last year not my best year but not my worst by far. it did make a nice photo with the dogs and kids .

boy's i tell ya how it is. i'am not here to bs you. i'am here to hunt dogs and get you the most for your money.my door is open for anyone to come hunt, spend the night or the weekend i hunt hard and it shows in my dogs 317-494-1098 danny suttles

Old Post 11-03-2008 01:54 AM
truebluefordman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truebluefordman Click here to Send truebluefordman a Private Message Click Here to Email truebluefordman Find more posts by truebluefordman Add truebluefordman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Dangers
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 11-03-2008 08:58 PM
Jay Dangers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Dangers Click here to Send Jay Dangers a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Dangers Find more posts by Jay Dangers Add Jay Dangers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Family
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by roverdog
Jay Dangers sounds like to me you did not have much quality prime fur or you may want to go to another fur buyer ! 18.00$ would be about right from your local fur buyer I have found you will loose right around 50% with most local buyers & the ones you got a dollar for sounds like to me they should have been left in the woods ! Now if you are going to get top dollar for your hides you will have to flesh & stretch & dry & send to the fur auction. You will not get the prices quoted by Trappin Girl selling to your local buyer !

You Treeers need to lay off us Coon Hunters & Trappers it is season & there is NOTHING WRONG with taking fur & making a few bucks !

Some of you guys like picking on kids you ought to be ashame of yourself !!!

Amen to that.
Fur is worth cash$
5$average is Cash$

It will be 18$ average Prime Fur in the grease/green...I know the buyer....

Grand Nite Champion Turpins Stylish Rube.

Sire of World Champion "Insane Jane"

Also another--Hamptons Stylish Jewel Placing 9th in The UKC World Hunt Last Year. She Took Them to 14th Place This Year !!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/HuntingFamily/100_1125.jpg

"Turpins Stylish Rube" Breeding Females with 400 million live sperm/98% motility

"High Quality Sperm, like His Dad Stylish Hickory Nut Harry" Dr. Kenneth O'Hanlon-All Pets Medical Center, Altus, Ok.

Old Post 11-03-2008 09:44 PM
Family is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Family Click here to Send Family a Private Message Find more posts by Family Add Family to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chevcat327
UKC Forum Member

just because the US is in an economic rut, more than half of the fur market is overseas in china and they are buying and buying. the prices will be good this year. sell late (after the first wild fur sells at auction) if you dont believe it.

Old Post 11-03-2008 11:51 PM
chevcat327 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chevcat327 Click here to Send chevcat327 a Private Message Click Here to Email chevcat327 Find more posts by chevcat327 Add chevcat327 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thickcoon
UKC Forum Member

i sold 24 today and got 10$ average (some were nice and a few were poor). This was also in WI.
Dog Box-500
Tracker-499
2 collars-400
dog food-20-40 (per bag)
gas- 2.25 per gallon
boots-100
dog vaccine shots-??
TIME-(what ever you figure your times worth)

With all the money into the sport i guess i dont see whats wrong with making some of it back. I wasnt born a millionaire like some people on this board i guess.

Old Post 11-04-2008 12:38 AM
thickcoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thickcoon Click here to Send thickcoon a Private Message Click Here to Email thickcoon Find more posts by thickcoon Add thickcoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Family
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thickcoon
i sold 24 today and got 10$ average (some were nice and a few were poor). This was also in WI.
Dog Box-500
Tracker-499
2 collars-400
dog food-20-40 (per bag)
gas- 2.25 per gallon
boots-100
dog vaccine shots-??
TIME-(what ever you figure your times worth)

With all the money into the sport i guess i dont see whats wrong with making some of it back. I wasnt born a millionaire like some people on this board i guess.

I am far from a millionare (in tangible property) and do it for a lil return $....its nice to give the wife the check......it helps when we buy the dog food all year and equip......

how many bowhunters get a return? and yes we eat 6 deer in a year 2 turkeys/wild..and all the fresh fish ya want and maybe (2 tops) bags of frozen chicken breasts.....the Bow hunting has a return value....for me....

its all in your perspective, and nobody has it fugured out for another.
And we are all Americans. not 5th generation euro-americans or whatever...
I pray McCain beats this terrorist.

Grand Nite Champion Turpins Stylish Rube.

Sire of World Champion "Insane Jane"

Also another--Hamptons Stylish Jewel Placing 9th in The UKC World Hunt Last Year. She Took Them to 14th Place This Year !!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/HuntingFamily/100_1125.jpg

"Turpins Stylish Rube" Breeding Females with 400 million live sperm/98% motility

"High Quality Sperm, like His Dad Stylish Hickory Nut Harry" Dr. Kenneth O'Hanlon-All Pets Medical Center, Altus, Ok.

Old Post 11-04-2008 12:50 AM
Family is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Family Click here to Send Family a Private Message Find more posts by Family Add Family to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

with the economy crippling and the NAFA major exporter / buyer / importer in North America having its own stock crippled... ya prices will be down... this past year i only got 1 dollar for some coyotes fleshed and stretched. all pregnant females that had pups inside of them. they must be pulling hair out because the males dont have that. coyote prices in my region more than likely wont do very well again this year... our only hope is a good cold season and economy takes a sudden spike. Size and grade matters a lot! to acheive such heights the coon must be AT LEAST 32" to the highest point of tail (if stretched and fleshed) they also must be in great prime with no holes in it. and they must have good guard hair. that is how you get such great prices... but there IS good news... POSSUM PRICES ARE UP LOL!!! almost up to 4 dollars!!! LOL!!! if you live where it is colder then you will get a better price because of the gaurd hair and the primeness... primness quickens faster when it is colder. i learn everything that i know from top fur graders in my state and in the country such as John Epler, Chip Patton, and so on.

home phone:304-462-7054
Cell phone:304-613-9740
dixie_coonhunter_911@yahoo.com

PR Tristan's JR (Tristans Dog)

PR Grampa's Miss Ruby (Ruby's Dog)

Old Post 11-04-2008 03:10 AM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjflores
Banned

hmmm, you never mentioned all those stipulation when you were promising everyone $40 per coon skin. Tell ya what, you buy my skins for $30...and go sell em for $40 and make $10 per hide...sound good?

NTCH GRCH 'PR' Stylish Dolly
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Cruiser
'PR' Bear Brook Midnight Dancer

Old Post 11-04-2008 02:44 PM
mjflores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjflores Click here to Send mjflores a Private Message Find more posts by mjflores Add mjflores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Old Post 11-04-2008 03:14 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mjflores
hmmm, you never mentioned all those stipulation when you were promising everyone $40 per coon skin. Tell ya what, you buy my skins for $30...and go sell em for $40 and make $10 per hide...sound good?

listen that was BEFORE the stock market crashed and i didnt PROMISE in certain regions and locations. and that was also BEFORE RUSSIA (our major exporter) and GEORGIA started to really 'have it out'. look there is still some hope. ican tell u more after the january WVTA fur auction.

Old Post 11-04-2008 10:44 PM
trappin_girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trappin_girl Click here to Send trappin_girl a Private Message Click Here to Email trappin_girl Find more posts by trappin_girl Add trappin_girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thickcoon
UKC Forum Member

surrrrrreeeee

Old Post 11-04-2008 10:57 PM
thickcoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thickcoon Click here to Send thickcoon a Private Message Click Here to Email thickcoon Find more posts by thickcoon Add thickcoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Dangers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thickcoon
surrrrrreeeee

Old Post 11-05-2008 02:48 AM
Jay Dangers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Dangers Click here to Send Jay Dangers a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Dangers Find more posts by Jay Dangers Add Jay Dangers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

what ev. i know i have that book here somewhere... lol

Old Post 11-05-2008 03:10 AM
Jay Dangers
UKC Forum Member

I just heard if obama gets in the fuel prices and fur prices will be going up. Prime coon will be $90.00......................LOL!!!

Old Post 11-05-2008 03:21 AM
J&B Hansen
New UKC Forum Member

Im glad there that low then ppl wont think a dog is worth so much and i can find a dog to show my son how much fun coon hunting is

Old Post 11-10-2008 10:11 PM
J&B Hansen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J&B Hansen Click here to Send J&B Hansen a Private Message Click Here to Email J&B Hansen Find more posts by J&B Hansen Add J&B Hansen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trappin_girl
UKC Forum Member

so i like to trap. whats wrong with that? i also like to hunt. competition, pleasure, and fur. what is soooo wrong with that.

Old Post 11-10-2008 11:44 PM
Jay Dangers
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by trappin_girl
so i like to trap. whats wrong with that? i also like to hunt. competition, pleasure, and fur. what is soooo wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with that............

Old Post 11-11-2008 02:39 AM