UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Young dog's first trip
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rkt1981
UKC Forum Member

Young dog's first trip

I have a young Walker female 1.5yr old.
Last night was her first time being turned out.
The spot was loaded with fresh scent. I have a cell camera at this spot so i know coons are coming every night.
She went straight to spot and went to smelling around going back and forth wimpering and wagging her tail. She keep working back and forth the wood line doing this. I walked in to woods trying to get her to work in alittle deeper. She started ranging out little deeper. I backed out and let her hunt.she comes out woods and works back and forth bout 20yds at feild edge and woods.keeps throwing her head up and trys to wind so hard she kinda snorts. Then she goes in woods comes back to same spot,throws head up again trys to wind and barks a couple times heads in woods bought 5yds and works back and forth 10-15 yds then i stop hearing her move so i turn my light on and she's laying down in the leaves like shes camping out for the night. Have any of you ever experienced this. I'm new to this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2021 12:00 PM
rkt1981 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rkt1981 Click here to Send rkt1981 a Private Message Find more posts by rkt1981 Add rkt1981 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Outback1
UKC Forum Member

she doesn't know what to do, what have you been doing with her since she was a puppy?

Old Post 01-19-2021 02:27 PM
Outback1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Outback1 Click here to Send Outback1 a Private Message Find more posts by Outback1 Add Outback1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rkt1981
UKC Forum Member

Got injured at work last year and wasn't able to do anything with her.just now able to get out and go.

Old Post 01-19-2021 04:33 PM
rkt1981 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rkt1981 Click here to Send rkt1981 a Private Message Find more posts by rkt1981 Add rkt1981 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Let her know it's coon your after. Turn a cage coon loose, or drag a road kill for her. Something to let her understand why ya took her out there. Good luck and have fun.

Old Post 01-19-2021 05:13 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote