UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Other > Dogtra verses garmin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Wayne Hooker
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra verses garmin

Which is best and why?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2019 02:16 AM
Wayne Hooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Hooker Click here to Send Wayne Hooker a Private Message Find more posts by Wayne Hooker Add Wayne Hooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus13
UKC Forum Member

Garmin/Dogtra

Garmin is hard to beat. It’s proven itself and for the most part is very tough and durable. Dogtra is a good system and has a little more range from what I have seen. Time will tell how the system holds up. I have both and I run them both because I do not trust the Dogtra quite yet. But it has always worked so far. But you will need to download the offline maps where you hunt if you don’t have cell coverage!

Old Post 11-06-2019 12:24 PM
justus13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus13 Click here to Send justus13 a Private Message Click Here to Email justus13 Find more posts by justus13 Add justus13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

The one factor that Garmin has over Dogtra (unless dogtra has changed) is the ability to turn on the flashing collar light remotely. I like this option with the Garmin when my dogs get close to a road.

Old Post 11-06-2019 04:45 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

I have a Garmin Alpha with 1- comp collar & 2 collars that will shock & tone. Will sell it all for $700. I have the dogtra & do not use the Garmin anymore.

The dogtra mini collars come with the flashing light you can turn on & off with your phone anytime you want

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 11-07-2019 11:45 PM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zachary0621
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

What people want tell you about the dogtra is you better have a good I phone and not an android

Old Post 11-08-2019 12:19 AM
zachary0621 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zachary0621 Click here to Send zachary0621 a Private Message Click Here to Email zachary0621 Find more posts by zachary0621 Add zachary0621 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Hooker
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 11-08-2019 12:24 AM
Wayne Hooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Hooker Click here to Send Wayne Hooker a Private Message Find more posts by Wayne Hooker Add Wayne Hooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogtra

quote:
Originally posted by zachary0621
What people want tell you about the dogtra is you better have a good I phone and not an android

I have an Android and the Dogtra works Flawlessly.
Havent used my Garmin in over a Year.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-08-2019 10:45 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zachary0621
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

You need to tell what kind and the compass you had to download and the phone you are using

Old Post 11-08-2019 11:17 AM
zachary0621 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zachary0621 Click here to Send zachary0621 a Private Message Click Here to Email zachary0621 Find more posts by zachary0621 Add zachary0621 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You need to tell what kind and the compass you had to download and the phone you are using

I have the Samsung Galaxy S7
It works Great from my Phone.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 11-08-2019 03:26 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zachary0621
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

That is the only thing they don't tell you is that you need a pretty nice phone for it to work right I have one but just order alpha don't like not knowing if its going to pick up on a lot of places I hunt

Old Post 11-08-2019 03:45 PM
R. L. Clark
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

I have the Pathfinder. I love it the maps are great. the range is very good. even if you are somewhere without cell service the compass and distance to the dogs or truck still works.

If you ever use it you will get rid out the alpha.

Old Post 11-08-2019 07:00 PM
R. L. Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R. L. Clark Click here to Send R. L. Clark a Private Message Click Here to Email R. L. Clark Find more posts by R. L. Clark Add R. L. Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zachary0621
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

If you guys with dogtra are going hunting with someone and you have never been there how do you get maps to come up

Old Post 11-08-2019 08:15 PM
zachary0621
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

Someone that knows a lot about the dogtra call me 8644927673 name is richie

Old Post 11-08-2019 08:16 PM
R. L. Clark
UKC Forum Member

Even without service the compass still works.

Old Post 11-11-2019 08:13 PM
R. L. Clark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R. L. Clark Click here to Send R. L. Clark a Private Message Click Here to Email R. L. Clark Find more posts by R. L. Clark Add R. L. Clark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R. L. Clark
UKC Forum Member

Even without service the compass still works.

Old Post 11-11-2019 08:13 PM
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I run on Android and have had no problems at all. Been using it for several months. I think it would be more accurate to say you better have an I-Phone, or good Android phone. The Pathfinder App... like any App just won't run as good on a cheap phone.

Old Post 11-23-2019 12:56 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ticker31
UKC Forum Member

Dogtra

I have both. I prefer the Dogtra. More range and clearer maps. Sometimes I use both just in case.

Old Post 12-03-2019 04:43 PM
ticker31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ticker31 Click here to Send ticker31 a Private Message Click Here to Email ticker31 Find more posts by ticker31 Add ticker31 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote