UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > 4yr old male, Va.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

4yr old male, Va.

Out of Frosted Mug.
UKC/PKC
3 firsts in UKC

Good looks, good mouth, bawl on the ground, bawl and chop on tree. Goes hunting alone, will get deep if need be, has been accurate here, I’ve not seen a straight out slick with him. He is tone broke, u need him back u can tone him and he will come, don’t know about off the track or tree tho, haven’t tried. He leads and loads good and is good around the house. He’s not a flashy dog, he’s not gonna blow a tree down but he trees and stays, he jumps at the tree, he doesn’t run it and he doesn’t back flip off of it but he does bounce. He’s supposed to be a loner from all I’ve talked to but I’ve only hunted him once with a dog and it backed him so I can’t say for sure.

LISTEN UP.....

I’ve had him 3 weeks, I talked to a few different men before and after I got him and they all spoke highly of him. One of those told me that he would run the road if he hit one but I don’t hunt around many roads and i don’t believe it would be a problem with him having a handle on him. I like him, I’ve hunted him several nights since I’ve had him and haven’t seen anything out of him that I’ve not posted here. I am having surgery Friday and will likely be out of commission for a good while, that’s the reason I’ve listed him right now, oh sure I sell them and he’d been for sale in the future but if it wasn’t for me being laid up I’d probably kept him til spring anyway. He’s not been a bit of trouble, he’s consistent with what he does. I will be gone most of this week, I’m not sure I could show him before Friday but if I can I sure will. I don’t have many pics or videos of him but can send what I have. Thanks.

Serious inquires only please
$2500

Clintwood Va
276-220-2668 call or text

Home Of GrCh GrNtCh Uchtman's Foggy Mtn Blaze

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2019 11:26 PM
Shannon Senter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Senter Click here to Send Shannon Senter a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Senter Find more posts by Shannon Senter Add Shannon Senter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

I’ve still got him, I like him and haven’t pushed to sell him, he’s the only hound on the place right now. I don’t mind to keep him but would sell him if someone is looking for a decent hound. Come hunt with him and see if you like him.

Old Post 01-16-2020 02:26 AM
Shannon Senter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shannon Senter Click here to Send Shannon Senter a Private Message Click Here to Email Shannon Senter Find more posts by Shannon Senter Add Shannon Senter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Showed him the other night to a man from Georgia. We dropped him 4 times and he got struck in 2 of those places, treed one seen coon and the other was in a pine, I feel like it was there but he didnt show himself. The man is looking for something specific and is going to try several til he finds exactly what he wants and I dont blame him. The dog didnt hunt as hard as usual, he hunted but didnt get gone like Ive seen him do most any other night and also he didnt have the mouth the man was looking for, he has a good deep mouth but hes looking for something with a more carrying type mouth. With that being said he is still available and anyone is welcome to come hunt with him. He's a nice dog that will tree you some coons and is no trouble.

Old Post 01-21-2020 06:41 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 01-22-2020 03:37 PM
R J Ellison
New UKC Forum Member

Guys Shannon is a man of his word! I bought a black dog from him last year better than he described. Honest man here!!!!!!!! shannon I love ole zek!

Old Post 01-23-2020 08:04 PM
R J Ellison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R J Ellison Click here to Send R J Ellison a Private Message Click Here to Email R J Ellison Find more posts by R J Ellison Add R J Ellison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Auman French
UKC Forum Member

dog man

fellows,if Shannon has one and tells you what it is, you can bank on it. I bought one from him that was as good or better than he described. Hope youre doing good man!

Old Post 01-23-2020 11:14 PM
Auman French is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Auman French Click here to Send Auman French a Private Message Find more posts by Auman French Add Auman French to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TGulley
New UKC Forum Member

I've bought 2 dogs from Shannon one 8 years ago an one 2 years ago an decribe perfectly if I needed another dog I'd buy this one but I don't .good luck with surgery

Old Post 01-23-2020 11:58 PM
TGulley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TGulley Click here to Send TGulley a Private Message Click Here to Email TGulley Find more posts by TGulley Add TGulley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chisholm
UKC Forum Member

Is the dog still available and are you able now to show him in the woods!

Old Post 01-25-2020 01:01 PM
Chisholm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chisholm Click here to Send Chisholm a Private Message Find more posts by Chisholm Add Chisholm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Thank u all so much for the kind words. Surgery went great and I’m back to hunting. This 4 year old is the only dog on the place right now and I will show him most any night. Again thank u all.

Old Post 01-26-2020 02:40 AM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 02-04-2020 03:09 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

He is still here, ive not been out in a couple weeks now, between bad weather, son playing ball, being lazy etc.. I will gladly take you out with him any night we can get together, just let me know.

Most of the questions Ive had ask is....

1..How accurate is he? We all know that varies from place to place but here where I am...in the mountains and thin coons..he's been a good 8 out of 10 for me. One of the things I like about him is when Im walking to him i feel confident that he's gonna have the coon.

2..Will he go hunting? Yes he will go, he's funny sometimes tho...some drops hes gone, I mean gone in a hurry and get deep gone. Other drops he may trot off and hunt a section out pretty good and come back by. He will do that especially if I had to tone him for something recently. I try not to mess with him but if he gets in a place that Im gonna have trouble getting to him I will tone him if hes not running or treed.

Old Post 02-10-2020 06:53 PM
Shannon Senter
UKC Forum Member

SOLD Thanks

Old Post 02-17-2020 08:45 PM