UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Hunted by myself last night. First drop I cut Cotton alone. First night in 4 weeks as she was in heat. She got deep and finally struck I at 1.05 miles. I drove around and she was treed up a huge water oak. I couldn't get the coon to look. I cut Andy and Cy loose and same scenario. They stayed gone a long time with complete silence. I looked at garmin and they were 1.50 miles. I started driving and got within 475 yds of them. They were cold trailing and Andy loaded up. I got to them and Cy wasn't treeing. Andy missed him. Some kind if vineyard briars with berries were all over tree but no coon. I gave him an adjustment and called it a night. Y'all keep'em Lookin up. Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2014 04:17 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

hunt

GOING AFTER THEM TONIGHT!!!!
DARREN

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-22-2014 02:40 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Went for a little while last night by myself. First drop I cut Cotton and Cy loose in a rough ole bottom. This bottomis really muddy and snake infested. Dogs left hard and were covering ground but had not opened. I checked the Garmin and they were about 450 yds. I heard Cy open one time and Cotton let out a huge screaming locate and loaded up. Cy was opening on the ground and I headed in to Cotton. I saw Cotton's coon on the way in to the tree. Cy was opening on a small beaver run, so I went and handled Cotton. About that time CY loaded up and started hammering a tree about 30 yds from Cotton. I went to handle him. Both dogs had a coon. I rolled the one out to the pup and then fired a shot and threw the coon over to Cotton.
Next drop I cut Andy and a pup loose. Andy went about 300 yds and just loaded up treed. I made my way to him and he was on a large poplar tree. I backed up and saw his coon, then another and another!! He had 3 coons up the tree. I picked a smaller coon and rolled him out to Andy and the pup. The pup had not been taken hunting and was a little shaken from the ride. He barked at it a little but wasn't really aggressive.
I took the coon home and worked a couple pups with it. I came back up to the kennel and threw the coon down in front of my Banjo x Bell pup and that little rascal wanted that coon. He is only 10 weeks old or so. It was comical watching him bark and bawl at the dead coon.

Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-25-2014 01:20 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

GOOD HUNT

Man sounds like those hounds were clicking last night! That pup is a good looking rascal and got a heck of a good mouth already. Good luck with him!

Old Post 09-25-2014 02:25 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

pup

I love the look on that pups face. The ol' brain and instinct is kicking in for sure.

Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 09-25-2014 04:12 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

PUP

That pup is a very intelligent and friendly rascal. I like what I see in him so far. His name will be PR Southern Blue Hardwood Mojo.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-25-2014 06:17 PM
Rachel
UKC Forum Member

Sounds good and with a name like that its going to drive them walker people crazy!

Old Post 09-26-2014 12:11 AM
Rachel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rachel Click here to Send Rachel a Private Message Click Here to Email Rachel Find more posts by Rachel Add Rachel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

young dogs

I am thinning down on some young dogs. I am going to put my time this season into my Cyclone pup.I have a young male that I got back from a young boy. He is by Logan and Marcus' Blue Dixie out of Hornet and my Dual Grand Frostbite gyp.
I am excited about this coon season with Cy and need to put him in the woods alone.
GrChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton has been bred to Dual Grand Pr Uchtman's Blue Thorn. This cross should produce very hard going, get treed hounds. I will update as she starts to show. Cotton has 2 wins to GrNtCh and will be finished to Dual Grand.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-26-2014 03:46 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted Saturday night for a little while by myself. First drop I cut my Cy up alone. He has been turned loose one other time by himself. He made a good effort but didn't get struck. He is doing pretty good for an 11mth old pup but just can't seem to get him in the right situations. Next drop I cut Cy and Cotton. They went over 1000yds and came out on a country road. I loaded them up and cut Andy loose. He got deep as well and finally fell treed on a den. Coons just didn't stir too well here. We will get after them tonight.
I met Rick Jordan yesterday with Banjo. He will be headed back to Wisconsin to Scott V's house. They have some gyps up there lined up to breed to him.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-29-2014 12:43 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I went for a little while last night. Drake and my nephew Griffin went with me. We cut Cotton,Cy, and Andy loose. They got deep quick and Cotton opened a few times followed by Andy and Cy. They worked a bad track for a while and Andy loaded up treed. Cy soon was treeing too but Cotton was headed on down the creek. We got to Andy and Cy was split treed just about 20 yds past him. They were convinced there was a coon there but we couldn't find it. There were a bunch of trees growing together and you couldn't really see the tops. We finally leashed them up and I sent Cy on to Cotton. We loaded up Andy and Cotton loaded up treed after moving about 300 yds on down the creek. Cy located and treed as well. Cotton was on a den and Cy was 100 yards past her on a huge white oak. Couldn't find either coon. We called it a night and we will hit it again wednesday night.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 09-30-2014 12:47 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Football Practice

Had football practice last night so no hunting. I will be back after them tonight. Got a few more weeks of Football and I will be back at it 4 or 5 nights a week. Down to 2 or 3 nights a week since football started. I have thinned down on some young dogs and will be putting all the pressure on my Cy pup this coon season. I will know what I got in him by the end of coon season. He is 11mths old and will split and hold pressure. He needs to improve on his tracking but I haven't been able to get him on any decent tracks lately. Hopefully that will change.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-01-2014 01:32 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake and I went for a little while last night. The cooler weather has fired him back up a little. First drop we cut Andy and BB. I just weaned pups off BB and she is rusty. They left hard and I soon heard BB strike followed by Andy. They were about 600yds deep and were in a DEEP ditch. Coons travel that ditch and really put the stress on a dog to get them treed. We drove around and Andy worked his way out of the ditch and was treed. We got to him and he was on a big persimmon tree but did not have a coon. He got a small adjustment and I loaded him up. BB was treeing down in the ditch but ended up in the side of the creek bank. Next drop we cut Cy and Cotton loose. Cy struck first followed by Cotton. They crossed a beaver pond and headed up in the hills. The track slowed some when they hit the hills as it has been extremely dry here. CY ended up going straight down a big hollar and started locating but wasn't right. Cotton had hushed for a minute and peeled to the right. She drifted out and soon let out that screaming locate and started hammering. We started to her and I heard Cy start locating again. Drake went on to Cotton and I went to investigate what Cy was doing. I eased up on him and he was checking alot of trees but couldn't seem to locate the right tree. I looked around and didn't see a coon sitting around but there was on somewhere. I just left him and headed back to Cotton. Drake had found her coon and he shot it out to her. Cy came in to her but got leash locked!! Not reward for him!!
He is an independent sucker and I like it, but it can be frustrating at times. I have got a few more weeks of Football and I will be burning up the woods.
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton and Drake

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 10-02-2014 at 01:16 PM

Old Post 10-02-2014 01:12 PM
Gary Napier II
UKC Forum Member

Darren, those are good pics. Cotton is a nice looking female.

Old Post 10-02-2014 11:37 PM
Gary Napier II is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Napier II Click here to Send Gary Napier II a Private Message Find more posts by Gary Napier II Add Gary Napier II to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Hunted Andy Friday night in a UKC hunt. He didn't look his best and cost me the cast by treeing the first Possum I have seen him tree. He did tree a coon at the end of the cast deep, but couldn't overcome the minus on the Possum. Hope he trees one when it's just me and him and there will be an adjustment!! Congrats to all the cast winners at the Fall Roundup. Sure wish I had been able to go. Maybe next year.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-06-2014 01:18 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake, Griffin and myself went for a little hunt on Wednesday night. I have been so busy at work I haven't even had time to get on the board. First drop I cut Cy alone and he struck a track and worked it for about 400yds and got bogged down in the hills. He tried to tree a couple times but he never settled in on a tree. I finally caught him up. Next drop we cut all dogs. Andy, Cotton, Cy and Griffins dog , Rickett. They went about 400 yds and Andy fell treed. Rickett soon joined him. Cotton checked the tree and opened twice but soon went on and struck about 200 yds deeper, along with Cy. We got the tree and they were on a large hickory nut tree. I soon spotted eyes and hit the bright light for a better veiw. Uhh!!Ohh!! A big Fat Possum. Well Andy treed one on me friday night and costed me a cast win, so we got into the training mode really quick. He will think twice about the next possum. Cotton soon treed and we made our way to her. Cy was trying to split tree but soon came into her tree. We couldn't find her coon but she was on a large white oak.
We will stay on em!! Ya'll Keep'em Lookin' Up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-10-2014 01:47 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

FOOTBALL

Well football season will come to close this Saturday night. Dogs and coons better be ready because I will be back burning up the woods. Got a nice young prospect in my Cy pup and I have thinned down on other young dogs. He will get the hair hunted off his eyes. Looking forward to hitting the woods hard and getting these potlickers tuned back up!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-15-2014 02:40 PM
mickyblues
UKC Forum Member

just thought i would give a update on ole Stroker. last 3 hunts he has made 4 trees and seen 4 coons by himself and made 1 tree with rebel and they had a coon.( rebel just going along for the ride right now but atleast he is going)

Old Post 10-15-2014 02:47 PM
mickyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mickyblues Click here to Send mickyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email mickyblues Find more posts by mickyblues Add mickyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

GREAT!!

Good deal Micky. I knew ole Stroker was going to be nice. Also hearing great reports on the pups that are mates to Rebel.
Stay on em',
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-15-2014 03:06 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Uchtmans Blue Andy

quote:
Originally posted by Darren Hollis

Andy has 2 first place wins in UKC. Hope to finish him soon.

..............................GrNtChGrChPr Smiley's Blue Rambo II
.......................GrNtChGrChPr Pinecreek Screwy Lewey
..............................Pr Flinthill's Blue Angel
................GrNtChGrChPr Uchtman's Blue Jobe HTX
..............................ChGrNtChPr Uchtman's Blue Albert
.......................NtChPr Uchtman's Blue Polkie
..............................NtChGrChPr Uchtman's So. Blue Jessie II

........Uchtman's Blue Andy

..............................ChGrNtChPr Uchtman's Blue Albert
.......................GrChGrNtChPr Uchtman's Blue Zeb
..............................ChNtChPr Coney River Blue Morgan
.................Pr Uchtman's Blue Angel
..............................ChGrNtChPr Uchtman's Blue Andy
.......................NtChChPr James' So. Blue Dixie
..............................NtChPr Coney River Blue Doll

Beautiful hound.

I've hunted with a bunch of the dogs in his pedigree.

He is bred to be a dandy.

Old Post 10-15-2014 04:32 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Andy

John I appreciate the compliment. He does a good job in the woods. I had him really clicking but havent been getting to hunt as much since football started. I coach a 11 and 12 yr old team. We are about done and Andy and his brother that is 11 mths old are going to get it about 5 nights a week. Hope all is well with you and your hounds,
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-15-2014 08:02 PM
byrd, lance
UKC Forum Member

Darren

How is the football season going? Lance

Old Post 10-15-2014 09:02 PM
byrd, lance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byrd, lance Click here to Send byrd, lance a Private Message Click Here to Email byrd, lance Find more posts by byrd, lance Add byrd, lance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

FOOTBALL

Lance we are 5 and 2. Our 2 losses came to the only 2 undefeated teams in the league. We lost Saturday night by a score of 8 to 6. We had 2 touchdowns called back for holding. 20 yards behind the play!!! Oh well, home cooking lol.

Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-15-2014 09:13 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Andy

quote:
Originally posted by Darren Hollis
John I appreciate the compliment. He does a good job in the woods. I had him really clicking but havent been getting to hunt as much since football started. I coach a 11 and 12 yr old team. We are about done and Andy and his brother that is 11 mths old are going to get it about 5 nights a week. Hope all is well with you and your hounds,
Darren

Things are going fine. Been having some good hunts.

I went over to Gary's the first of the week and picked up a gyp out of Angel and Amos.

Going to be hunting the hair off her this fall and winter.

Old Post 10-15-2014 09:29 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Drake, Griffin and myself went for a little while last night. We got a late start but finally got loaded up and turned loose. First drop we cut Cotton and Cy. They left out hard and were gone for a little while. I finally heard Cy open and then Cotton. They had gone the wrong way and crossed a small paved road. It wasn't long til Cotton was hammering and Cy let his locate and treed with her. We made our way to them but they were on a familiar den tree. We got them off and rode around to check out what damage the timber company had done to my other hunting spot. Luckily they did leave quite a bit of timber. We cut Andy and Rickett loose on the next drop. Andy struck followed by Rickett. They worked deep into the bottom and Andy hit the creek. Rickett kept trying to tree but Andy moved on around the creek. We drove around and Andy was treed, soon joined by Rickett. We walked a long ways in to them and they were really lighting up the tree. They were in the edge of a green field up a huge tree. We looked but couldn't get him to look. Sure be glad when these leaves come on off the trees.
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 10-16-2014 12:57 PM
myers
UKC Forum Member

we need to go ol buddy. been a long time. you going to glenn allen sat. night?

GRNT ICEMAN (RIP)
PKC Ch,UKC NITECH,ACHA NITECH
DRY CREEK ROCKY (RIP)
DRY CREEK KINK(work in progress)

Old Post 10-16-2014 02:25 PM
myers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myers Click here to Send myers a Private Message Click Here to Email myers Find more posts by myers Add myers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote