UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Nitech Grch Smokey River Blue Buck Jr Htx3
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Nice pic

Of Buggs in that fresh snow. Glad you have it & not me!! Still been cold up here @ 20 degrees to try finding a track for Queeny & other to try getting a coon treed in. Making lots of dens, but the 'heat wave' is coming for next week. Take care, Ron.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-19-2019 04:41 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Interesting week

Treed my first cat ever and the littlest coon since season opened all in one night. Took BJ out last night 3 coons and a den. Not bad for still having snow on.

Buggs with his cat and a just under 3lb coon

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 02-01-2020 at 10:42 PM

Old Post 12-21-2019 07:46 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

For you Phil

Here's some more pics of BJ pups other than BUGGS

LOUISE

CH SASSY

Jolene in MO gettin it done.

Tig getting it done

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 12-24-2019 at 07:02 AM

Old Post 12-23-2019 10:15 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Some more pics

Trademark

Snickers at the White River Refuge

Old Post 12-24-2019 05:33 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Pee wee and Buggs

Took em out last night. Lots of dens, and a tile but did get a couple treed. Both looked good, pee wee split once both had dens. Cut him loose by himself treed a tile. Picked up Lynel and cut Pee Wee by himself. First spot a cattle field we seen some coons in. Pee Wee didn't get it done, finally came out and crossed the road. We caught him up and moved on. He struck in and ran track, struggling some at times, but carried it a ways then treed. Stayed hooked good but nobody home. Coon poo on the tree but no coon. Total count for the night
Buggs and Pee Wee
1 coon
1 den
Pee Wee
1 den
1 tile
1 unfinished
1 slick
Buggs
1 den
1 coon
Welcome to mid season boys. Seems like more dens this week than all year put together.
Here's a pic of Pee Wee on his den

Old Post 12-27-2019 05:38 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs redeemed

Took Buggs over to KS for an HTX hunt. Pretty sure the guys judging him was wondering why I hadn't shot him yet. He looked beyond stupid. But took him last night in a sever weather strom, pouring rain and blowing wind. A single then a double. Humbling experience, brings me back to reality. He's just a dog.

Old Post 12-29-2019 02:43 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Pee Wee

Well sold Pee Wee last night to a gentleman from here in MO. He is going to hunt him and see what he'll make. He ranged out good and away from the other dogs. Backed on one coon and treed a coon. Over all looked good for the stage he's at.

Old Post 01-02-2020 09:55 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Last night

Went with Dad, Sam and a guy from OK. Cut May and a Utchman bred female. They got treed in a brush pile. Then we cut them plus Ole BJ. Utchman female pulled up under a possum, BJ had ran track a long ways at this point. May running track left handed of BJ. BJ treed .67 May treed left handed at 900 yds. Short drive in we go. BJ on a big den, May with the meat. Next drop cut May alone. She didn't go anywhere and treed. Sam said usually see a coon there but not tonight. Recast finally another bark. And nothing Sam called her in after she made it to the end of the ditch an had came back to cross the road. Went home, nope not done, just swapping dogs. Rivers and Buggs turn. Cut em get gone. They open moving on. Tree em at .73. oh yeah a drive is in order. Around to the next gravel road they had crossed in 250 yrds. Big tree with a couple nest, might be hollow, we treed in it before. Next drop Buggs in a feed lot. Opened quick the race is on. Around he runs him. I say you better move faster. Not fast enough. That coon must know where that pipe is. Not his first Rodeo. They went on home and I made one last drop. Buggs opens up and works it out and yep another den. Wind blowing, the cut right though you kind, all night, stupid brush piles, dens and pipes but somehow still had fun. Might need my head checked. Lol

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 01-04-2020 at 02:42 PM

Old Post 01-04-2020 02:10 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Late start

Didn't get to go until after 9 last night. Took Buggs and thought I'd see what Mark thought of the dark. He weren't scared. Only made one drop. Buggs fired off and begin tracking. He tracked along ways, you wouldn't have known Mark was out there. I had to pull down the road as they were aways from me. Buggs still opening. Than he hit a tree. I hadn't turned the truck off yet, so what happened I'm not going to swear to. But all at once a loud over powering bawl came from that way. I quickly turn off the truck. Silence. Not sure what dog it came from. Buggs opened a little deeper according to the Garmin. Mark has a ? At this point. Buggs running track and wait Mark opening. Bam hit a tree rolled over, and two dogs treeing. Got in there Mark's a little nervous. A little encouraging and back to treeing. It was a big den, but they looked good. Buggs did a good job tracking him that far, wish I could have knocked it out. With it being late and bright I called it a night. They were wet as they crossed a creek and tracked though a lot of water. Good first time for Mark, looking at the Garmin he had no problem keeping up. And if that was him that let out that bawl, well time will tell. It's going to be fun.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 01-06-2020 at 01:55 PM

Old Post 01-06-2020 01:25 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

This week

Bad weather tonight was going to be lazy. Hunted with Phil Vogel I took BJ and May. They got one treed looked okay. Phil's Indy dog treed one and his pup split treed with one. We called it a good hunt for the time of year and moon light. Took Buggs out last night. First drop hot track, running fast but not quick enough. Field tile. Next older track. Carried good, about 700 yrds hit the road. And nothing couldn't take it nowhere. Came back in. I took him back and cut him on the other side of the road, but he never could do anything with it. Never opened hunted out to 400 yrds and back in. Picked up Lyonel and made the next drop. Cattle pasture, cows everywhere. Cut right throw them. Struck and running than bam treed. Up a big cedar with the meat. Next drop in 250 yrds. And back. Resent other side of the woven wire fence. Hunted up made it down to the same spot and back. This time standing at the back of the truck ready to load up. Heck if I know, Baby Bigfoots migrating though I guess. Took him to another place. Kicked dirt in my face and gone. A little bit, struck in working hard than treed. Treed in a brush pile pushed against trees. There he is. Buggs had fun, and looked good on that one. So we called it done. We got a hunt tomorrow if we ain't snowed in. So will see.

Old Post 01-10-2020 11:14 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Jan 11 2020

No coon seen but give it a try. Treed a nice den, than a huge brush pile. Had a dead cast, but had a good, cold and fun time.

Old Post 01-13-2020 01:49 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Hounds

Tig been getting hunted and looking good.
Spit in MS getting hunted and they're liking him
Jolene in MO getting it done, he sent me a nice video of her with the meat
Betsy Cates Jolene finally breaking out of jail and going this weekend
Pee Wees new owner is over joyed with him. Got some on his own. But did find out what an armadillo smells like.
Mark been learning a thing or two. He did tree a squirrel the other night.
Buggs is Buggs. Looking good most of the time.
May is in jail for the next 20 days or so.
Snickers had a date but haven't heard if he knew how to do that.
Rose in mid MO is getting it done and they said she couldn't be bought. Another one out of that litter (BJ x Mags) in MS they say is getting it done.
And I ain't heard from anyone else with BJ pups lately. I threw a litter out of Mrs T and BJ's bother. They are 2. Called and checked on them, and they are doing good.
Here's some pics

Buggs and Mark

Pee Wee split with the meat

Tig riding in style

Old Post 01-18-2020 01:30 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs and Jim

2 brush piles and treed a coon. Got Buggs out now by himself. I'm sitting in the truck with the heater on. Poor dog is out in the cold.

Old Post 01-22-2020 04:09 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Getting it done

Last night Pee Wee is getting it done

And Mark was too last night. He treed ahead of Jim and had the meat.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 01-26-2020 at 12:29 AM

Old Post 01-24-2020 02:22 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

uncle x niece

BJ

X

Sally Mae

----------grnitech pr smokey river chief's joe
-------nitech pr smokey river blue buck
----------pr smokey river blue muggings

---SIRE - BJ

----------grnitech grch pr frosty blue bo bo
-------pr bakers can do Maggie
----------nitech pr high ridge blue topsy

PUPS

----------grnitech pr smokey river chief's joe
-------nitech pr smokey river blue buck
----------pr smokey river blue muggings

----SPECK

----------grnitech grch pr frosty blue bo bo
-------pr bakers can do Maggie
----------nitech pr high ridge blue topsy

Dame---SALLY MAE

----------grch grnite pr smokey river jeans blue tramp
-------nitech pr smokey river joe
----------pr mailes blue Rudy's sue

---- BLUE MISS TREECHOPPER

----------grniech pr racket ridge slim htx2
-------pr smokey river blue twister htx
----------grnitech pr smokey river blue cricket

Sally was born April 8 2018 with this cross in mind. WHY? I crossed Twister (Sally's grandma) with BJ and produced some nice hounds. 3 I know for a fact can run and tree there own coons. 2 of which are HTX titled and Tig only lacks a pass to be titled. I crossed Miss T on BJ's brother (Speck) 4 pups were born, one died at an early age but was showing promise. I've checked on them and they are all doing good. Sally has never been hauled to town but will run and tree, her own coon. She is not as tight on the ground as her mom, but still tighter than my other hounds. Been told that came from Tramp but don't know just is what it is. nice bawl better locate than twister changing into a chop and short bawl on the tree. I've had the chance to sell her a few times but like I said this has been planned since I made the cross ( Speck X Miss T). Coondog to Coondog back as far as I know. Alot of Smokey River with a little Rambo. Nothing is ever a sure thing but I'm willing to give this a go. I'll get a better pic sometime when she and I ain't freezing. After glancing my post over to clarify Smokey river chief's joe and Smokey River joe are not the same dog. As Smokey River Chief's Joe was out of
---------NITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHEIF
-----GRNITECH PR SMOKEY RIVER CHEIF'S JOE
----------GRNITECH CH SMOKEY RIVER JEANS BLUE RUBY

And Smokey River Joe was Tramp X Rudy's Sue

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 01-28-2020 at 04:30 AM

Old Post 01-27-2020 09:52 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Still after em

Pee Wee looking good from what I hear.( Pic of Pee Wee)

Took Mark a couple hours from the house the Tuesday night. Got out of the snow until it started. He looked okay for his 4th time out in the dark.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 01-30-2020 at 07:45 PM

Old Post 01-30-2020 02:18 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

The BJ boys

Eli BJ x Twister
Buggs BJ x Mags
Mark BJ x Rivers
Getting it done and looking good doin it

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 02-01-2020 at 11:39 PM

Old Post 02-01-2020 03:24 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Snickers

Well got a call about Snickers. Said he put it on a couple high powered hounds. I guess around that area they are very well known. Said they treed he went on to the end with the meat. Done that twice. Only 2 coons they seen. And no doubt what dog treed em.

Old Post 02-06-2020 02:17 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Buggs and Jim

But and Jim was getting it done in 20 degree weather with an inch of snow on the ground. 2 coons and a den. No puppy night last night. Hard long tracks. Dogs looked good. Bobby let Jim ride home up front. Both dogs were covered in ice at the end of the night. Again had fun and seen some nice hound work.

Old Post 02-07-2020 01:57 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Me and Phil

We split ditches last night. Indy looked good under 2 different coons. Buggs treed 2 dens and then got under a double. He looked okay.

Old Post 02-08-2020 05:31 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Been hunting

Well, the wife went to Vegas for a few days so I was on kid duty. Good news she didn't lose the farm but didn't make enough to retire either.
Let's see went out with dad dogs looked okay by the end got one treed. hard night snow still on thick and cold. Next night went with Paul and Billy. Billy took his young dog, Paul a pup and I took Buggs. At times they looked good at times they looked bad and at the end Buggs looked at an armadillo. Next night cut Mark and Buggs. 2 coons 2 dens and I would have treed Mark twice and he went on, one drop kept recutting. Then I stopped by and picked up Lyneol and drop Mark alone, treed one next drop Mark alone again treed a cedar tree then Buggs treed with a coon. Last night went with Keegan and Loco. Buggs and her treed one than she treed one than her and Buggs treed one. drop Keegan off and cut Buggs alone treed with the meat. Hopefully going tonight after I take Eillie to a youth court thing. Good luck and I'll update with some pics when I have time.

Old Post 02-19-2020 11:32 PM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Mayham

Mayham (bj x mags)
May said I can do it all by myself
Burned one in about half a mile and had him
I didnt leave the truck till she treed
Recast bout 50 yards from the first tree she struck #2 and burned him about 1/4 mile but he made it home

Last edited by BluBritches on 02-20-2020 at 07:38 PM

Old Post 02-20-2020 03:42 AM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Update

I've been hunting Mark and Buggs. Sam has been putting some time in on May now that she's out of heat. Plus I threw Miss T in for a short hunt one night.

Buggs

Miss T

Miss T and Buggs with the meat

Buggs GRCH Male, May Best of show Female, Lefty best of show Male.
Plus Friday night Buggs and May both won their cast. Last night Buggs had his cast won until the last 30 sec. the English dog treed a coon to pull ahead of Buggs. But Buggs looked good last night, I lost with my head held high and was willing to claim Buggs last night.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 02-23-2020 at 04:05 PM

Old Post 02-23-2020 03:46 PM
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Lefty should be show ch now

Old Post 02-24-2020 01:03 AM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Htx last night

Hit the htx with Buggs last night. Hunted a little later as we judge a dog from out of town first. Kind of happy it was later. The other dog passed, den, hole , tree with 3 coons at 58 min. She was cutting it close. Took Buggs out and a terrier could have passed. 3 for 3. But we counted 13 or more coons, sitting up or crossing the road. They were poppin out like popcorn. Just how it goes sometimes.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 02-28-2020 at 01:59 PM

Old Post 02-28-2020 01:32 PM