UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Proposal 8 - Squalling at Tree
To squall or not to squall during the first two minutes of shining time?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, eliminate the current rule and allow squalling immediately. 64 75.29%
No, do not allow squalling during first two minutes, per the current rule. 21 24.71%
Total: 85 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Proposal 8 - Squalling at Tree

8. Squalling at Tree.

• Eliminate Rule 6 (u) and allow squalling during all of shining time.

2019 UKC RULE PROPOSAL CLARIFICATIONS AND NOTES
Be advised, the following notes are the opinions/statements of those who submitted the proposals and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinion of UKC.

PROPOSAL 8: Removing Rule 6 (u) would result in handlers being able to squall, pull vines, tap trees ect. during the entire shine time. *I have heard the argument as to pulling dogs off trail into a tree from interference caused by squalling. This argument holds no water. If interference is the concern then why are we allowed to squall at a tree at all? This is a rule in the Honor Rules that scratches handlers for an honest mistake much of the time not at their own tree.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-29-2019 09:02 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Squalling

Squalling early cost Jack Bingham of getting qualified last weekend at Troy RQE. The rule of today is it's not permissible, BUT if it happens by mistake on my cast, he would have got told to stop(warning) and the hunt would continue. "If ya can't beat'em, scratch'em, but a little common sense & sportsmanship should still prevail.JMO. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-03-2019 05:08 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

You don't say.....Jack B? This just doesn't happen twice to experienced guys like him.

Old Post 06-03-2019 08:24 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rule

This is a rule where the crime absolutely DID NOT merit the punishment. Scratched for squalling early should have gotten a warning, how can anyone truly believe that this should be a scratchable offense is beyond me. Akin to the honest mistake on a scorecard rule that scratches someone........time for change! Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 06-08-2019 at 05:40 AM

Old Post 06-08-2019 05:37 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
You don't say.....Jack B? This just doesn't happen twice to experienced guys like him.

Yep it did. If someone squalling early is gonna effect your dog you need to do more training at home 1 of the dumbest rules out there all your doing is wasting hunt time. I've had guys squall before the 2 and never scratched them just told them to quit.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 06-10-2019 01:15 AM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote