UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I wasnt cheating ! I was just trying to win !
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, they know the difference. They are just rationalizing or trying to convince themselves that it is all right to cheat. "Just trying to win" is one of those rationalizations. "Everyone is doing it" is another. And then there is "it is your fault if you get cheated not mine for cheating you". Some people were raised to believe that it is all right to cheat. They have been taught to believe that it is just another way of competing. Their mentors have taught them that "cheating to win" is not being dishonest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2020 03:21 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tillery
UKC Forum Member

Is it cheating?

Have any of you ever been on a cast where you were behind by a few points, your dog has treed a coon that will put you ahead and as the cast is scoring the tree the handler that is leading at the moment refuses to "see" your coon? His inability to see this coon (coon obviously there and easily visible to everyone else) means the tree is scored as circle instead of plus and he maintains the lead and gets the cast win. Did he cheat?

Old Post 02-27-2020 03:38 PM
Tillery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tillery Click here to Send Tillery a Private Message Click Here to Email Tillery Find more posts by Tillery Add Tillery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Is it cheating?

quote:
Originally posted by Tillery
Have any of you ever been on a cast where you were behind by a few points, your dog has treed a coon that will put you ahead and as the cast is scoring the tree the handler that is leading at the moment refuses to "see" your coon? His inability to see this coon (coon obviously there and easily visible to everyone else) means the tree is scored as circle instead of plus and he maintains the lead and gets the cast win. Did he cheat?
YES!

Old Post 02-27-2020 04:30 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

There is a big difference between blatant cheating and knowing the rules and using strategy within them to win. A dog and handler are like a player and a coach, part of a team.
Problem is there are those who never just get beat they always got cheated.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-27-2020 06:00 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Half the time people don't know the difference between getting beat and cheated anyway they either don't know any better or just not paying attention to details. If somebody's good at it and the cast is passive,esp if they're judging, they can screw you all night long,smile while they're doin it, and nobody will even know. Shake your hand and buy your breakfast when it's over. There's a line in the sand not to be crossed....but that line is not in the same place every night. ...depending on the level of competition. Learn the rules and their interpretations yourself most guys ain't there to teach or babysit. It's harder to cheat if everybody knows the rules. If you don't you're cheating yourself

Old Post 02-27-2020 06:24 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Music
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cheating

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Anyone who has to cheat to win any hunt is messed up in more ways than one. What satisfaction can anyone get winning anything by cheating? It's just a hunt win lose or draw and go to the next one, but do it honestly. Dave

I have never competition hunted with coon hounds but that is how I feel about it myself. Handlers and Judges will make mistakes but losing fair and square is preferable to willful cheating for me.

Old Post 02-27-2020 07:44 PM
Andy Music is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Music Click here to Send Andy Music a Private Message Find more posts by Andy Music Add Andy Music to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Music
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
There is a big difference between blatant cheating and knowing the rules and using strategy within them to win. A dog and handler are like a player and a coach, part of a team.
Problem is there are those who never just get beat they always got cheated.

A buddy of mine that competition hunts was saying something like this the other day. Knowing the rules and winning by them sounds fair to me.

Old Post 02-27-2020 07:47 PM
Andy Music is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Music Click here to Send Andy Music a Private Message Find more posts by Andy Music Add Andy Music to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYBlue Cooner
UKC Forum Member

A rookie's 2 cents...

Out of 10 cast hunted in, I think some people reflect on the ONE that went poorly more than the nine that were fun and went off without a hitch. I read a whole lot more than I post on here, but I see WAY more threads about casts that ended poorly/controversially than those that did not. There's nothing worse, as a competitor or a spectator, than being around a cry baby/babies for an hour or two. Doesn't matter if they "got cheated" or were "just trying to win". It's very unattractive, especially to the new or potential hunter, and it plays a part in whether that person will come back to that club or competition hunt at all. Know and follow the rules, call your dog honest, have a good time, and the rest usually takes care of itself, especially in a group of people with integrity. Organizations headed by those without integrity usually don't last long because people don't come back. If it's a legitimate violation of the rules, follow the steps UKC has laid out to resolve the issue. And if all else fails, take a break from that club/group of people. We ain't all cheaters and liars!

Last edited by KYBlue Cooner on 02-28-2020 at 12:56 AM

Old Post 02-27-2020 09:42 PM
KYBlue Cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYBlue Cooner Click here to Send KYBlue Cooner a Private Message Find more posts by KYBlue Cooner Add KYBlue Cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
It’s only cheating if you get caught
Think I'll remember this name.......J.S.

Old Post 02-27-2020 11:52 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
It’s only cheating if you get caught
Think I'll remember this name.......J.S.

Old Post 02-27-2020 11:52 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Re: A rookie's 2 cents...

quote:
Originally posted by KYBlue Cooner
Out of 10 cast hunted in, I think some people reflect on the ONE that went poorly more than the nine that were fun and went off without a hitch. I read a whole lot more that I post on here, but I see WAY more threads about casts that ended poorly/controversially than those that did not. There's nothing worse, as a competitor or a spectator, than being around a cry baby/babies for an hour or two. Doesn't matter if they "got cheated" or were "just trying to win". It's very unattractive, especially to the new or potential hunter, and it plays a part in whether that person will come back to that club or competition hunt at all. Know and follow the rules, call your dog honest, have a good time, and the rest usually takes care of itself, especially in a group of people with integrity. Organizations headed by those without integrity usually don't last long because people don't come back. If it's a legitimate violation of the rules, follow the steps UKC has laid out to resolve the issue. And if all else fails, take a break from that club/group of people. We ain't all cheaters and liars!

Preach it brother!!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-28-2020 12:04 AM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Kyblue/ jkidd

It's refreshing to see you young guys having fun at these hunts and being positive to the newcomers. Cheating may happen but it's not as common as some folks would have us believe. Knowing the rules and being honorable yourself is way more important than stressing over being cheated. Knowledge is essential to success in anything, hunts are no exception. Dave

Old Post 02-28-2020 12:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

what if someone on the cast gives you some help on when to call your dog is that cheating or just trying to win ?

Old Post 02-28-2020 02:45 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

What if one dog in a cast has plainly treed the only coon and your dog covered , but if you question just right you can get it misused and you will win, is that cheating or just trying to win?

Old Post 02-28-2020 02:48 PM
Olrebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Olrebel Click here to Send Olrebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Olrebel Find more posts by Olrebel Add Olrebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Olrebel
Banned

What if your a multi millionaire and you hire some of the best handlers(cheaters) out there are you too a cheater or are you just trying to win?

Old Post 02-28-2020 02:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dogs do a lot of crazy stuff and get the handlers into a lot of crazy situations. The intent in ones heart determines if it is cheating or not. If everyone involved is just trying to make the best out of bad situation. Even if they find out later the rules might not of supported their decision in the woods but all were in agreement. That is just coon hunting.

I have a lot of work to do with my own heart before I can even suggest anyone else has a problem with theirs.

Old Post 02-28-2020 03:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

What if you are actually a cheater, or what if u spread doom and gloom all the time about competition hunting and talk like every hunt is like a cheaters reunion are u good for the sport?? Or are you just as bad for us as all these anti-hunter and animal rights groups?????????

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-28-2020 07:01 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Also thanks Dave. I love this sport and this tradition, a lot. And it just disgusts me to see people do any thing to give it a bad name, whether it's the cheater himself or the rumor spreader/gossipers. Seems like we don't have to worry about anyone from the outside coming in and tearing this apart, coonhunters can do it all by themselves.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-28-2020 07:10 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jkidd

United we stand divided we fall is not just a statement, it's a fact. Not everyone on this forum loves this Sport, it's easy to spot them by their posts and the answers they post. I am happy to see that our younger hunters are out there trying to make a difference in how the newcomers view our sport. We should never let a few rotting apples spoil the whole barrel. Our sport is in good hands with the jkidd's standing up and speaking out, putting the gloom and doomers in their place. Keep up the good work. Dave

Old Post 02-28-2020 07:59 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Olrebel

What if you spend as much time hunting and training your dog as you do posting what it's on a message forum, is that Cheating or just trying to win? I am 71 years old and used to hunt in the competition hunts a lot, I do not recall ANY time that I was actually cheated. I do recall ALL the times when I had the better dog as I won most of those casts and hunts. Cheating is often times just the excuse a loser has for getting beat. I can say for 100 percent certainly, that the better the dog you are hunting, the less you will get "cheated". Funny how that works, isn't it? Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-28-2020 at 08:15 PM

Old Post 02-28-2020 08:12 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

In my entire life I have only been cheated in a hunt 1 time. A grand total of one. I was 19 and didn't know any better and was threatened with being barred if I didn't let him cheat. He was the judge.

I have never, ever been cheated since and I am 51

Last edited by Rip on 02-29-2020 at 01:37 AM

Old Post 02-29-2020 01:26 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Doc

There you have it, getting cheated just does NOT happen very much. Definitely not enough for anyone interested in hunting competition to worry about. I encourage everyone to learn the rules know when to question something if it's wrong and get a good dog to compete with. You can have tons of fun and meet some pretty nice folks. I have met and hunted with some of the very best folks you could ask for during my coon hunting adventures, especially you Dr, Jimmy VanWinkle. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-29-2020 at 01:54 AM

Old Post 02-29-2020 01:49 AM
Olrebel
Banned

Its a fact !!!

The guilty dog allways barks !!!!

Last edited by Olrebel on 02-29-2020 at 07:50 PM

Old Post 02-29-2020 07:48 PM