UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question on a strike points
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Question on a strike points

Settle a disagreement. If a dog comes into the tree after the judge arrives and a coon is seen, dog is minused 25 tree points. What happens to the strike points?

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2020 05:34 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question on a strike points

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
Settle a disagreement. If a dog comes into the tree after the judge arrives and a coon is seen, dog is minused 25 tree points. What happens to the strike points?

I don't think you assign tree points to a dog coming in after the judge arrives unless I missed that in the recent rule changes. In the past the only time you ever assigned tree points was on a dog that was already there treeing but not declared treed when the judge arrived on a slick tree or off game only, not on trees with coons in them. Now I could have missed it in my reading of the rules again just now but I didn't see it. If you do that is a new change.

As to the strike, they are minused the coon was seen. If the coon was not seen the dog would not get any minus.

Old Post 03-01-2020 07:30 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Rule 5 b

Rule 5 b no dog to receive minus points for coming into tree after judge arrives unless a coon is seen and the dogs treeing are awarded plus points

Rule 5 (b) always applies to any and all dogs that come in after the judge arrives. Forget about anything else for a minute. The rule states so much as the only time a dog is penalized for coming into the tree after the judge arrives is if a coon is seen in the tree. If a coon is seen, the dog is to receive its strike points minused. If the tree is scored any other way (slick/minus, circle, delete, scratched for off game), the dog receives circle strike points. This applies even to Nite and Grand Nite Champions in the event of off game. 5(b) takes precedence over any other rule, such as 6(g), where Nites and Grands are scratched for off game

Under rule 4 a if coon seen minus strike points. 4 h minus 25 tree points treeing but not declared when judge arrives.
No where do you minus tree for coming in after judge arrives that I know of.

Last edited by nextcoonhunters on 03-01-2020 at 08:19 PM

Old Post 03-01-2020 08:16 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

My mistake, the question was suppose to say BEFORE not after judge arrives. I got to start proof reading my posts before hitting the submit button.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 03-01-2020 09:10 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

In that case

trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

If a coon is seen, minus strike points. If tree is slick or offgame (registered divison) the dog would be assigned 25 tree points and strike and tree points would be minused. If tree was circled, dogs strike points are circled.

Here is an old advisor column that is somewhat outdated but gives a good breakdown of "treeing but not declared treed". Obviously the "next available" terminology has now been changed to simply read 25
https://www.ukcdogs.com/article/com...15&view=old

Old Post 03-01-2020 10:37 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote