UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tracking ability?
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"For the better"???? What does that mean?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-11-2020 01:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
"For the better"???? What does that mean?

There's not as many hunters that will shock or run a young dog out of an area as what you're insinuating there is. It all depends upon where you live in what type of dog works in your area the best. Most guys don't even know that's a possibility to do. Do I like listening to a dog sit and " boo'tick " (whaller) a track for an extended period of time, no I don't care for it. But I deal with it until the dog I'm hunting has some experience under its belt.

A good many of all competition hunters are just pleasure hunters that show up to help support their club's events. Now if you're talking about the serious type of comp hunter that's a different story. But I'd place a wager on how many comp hunters per club actually train their dog like you've insinuated. If bet its less than 25%, I'd bet its more like 10%.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 08-11-2020 08:26 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

I have some old school pups right now(not for sale) that are 3.5 months old and will run anything in the woods and have covered up to 1/4 mile doing it, got me very excited
Scent really turns them on, and they are babies.
I don't care what anybody says, i see it everyday allot of this has been lost in the modern day hounds.
Little boogers look like a pack of beagles flying thru the woods.

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 08-12-2020 05:17 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
I have some old school pups right now(not for sale) that are 3.5 months old and will run anything in the woods and have covered up to 1/4 mile doing it, got me very excited
Scent really turns them on, and they are babies.
I don't care what anybody says, i see it everyday allot of this has been lost in the modern day hounds.
Little boogers look like a pack of beagles flying thru the woods.

That is awesome... I used to do the same...taking the pups out and watching and learning how they think and work...I would leave the one that leads at home and see if another pup steps up to lead the next day and repeat giving each pup a chance at this age...then try it again at a later date just to give those pups a chance that didn’t range or lead at this age...
Most of the time it is the ones that roll out with or without company at this young age that will be the ones that will eventually get bred...

For me it is about natural inclination...

Good deal on your pups...I would be excited too...😎

Old Post 08-14-2020 02:53 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Track dogs

Folks, one of you serious coon hunters SHOULD try and talk CONRAD FRYAR into selling you one of these pups. Conrad knows dogs and his breeding is for the right reasons, these pups WILL BE SPECIAL. If I were a younger man I would beg him until he sold me one, wish my father in law was still alive, he would love one of Conrads pups. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 08-14-2020 at 06:14 AM

Old Post 08-14-2020 03:34 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote