UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Stud Trait Survey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JimmyJohnson
UKC Forum Member

Stud Trait Survey

Please list the good traits and negative traits you have seen in these Dogs Based on ownership and facts. This is meant to educate for breeding reference. Please be positive and do not turn this into a circus. This could be a great discussion with valuable information for everyone. List the strengths and weaknesses on one, a few or all of these lines.

Mouth, Hunt, Independence, Tree power, Track power, accuracy, Nose, Brains, Reproduction percentage, Confirmation, Crosses well with.

1.Nailor
2.Sacket
3.Harry
4.Coma
5.Clover
6.Cain
7.Trackman
8.Skuna River Fred
9. Wipeout
10.Mojo
11.Buck Creek
12.Bean

Feel free to add any others with good and negative traits and good crosses. Be nice. We all might learn something. Hope to here from some reputable breeders on this subject. Our common ground is to reproduce better dogs here. Ad pictures or videos of off spring to back up your facts if you like. Lets here it.

330-406-6277

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-27-2012 11:34 PM
JimmyJohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JimmyJohnson Click here to Send JimmyJohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email JimmyJohnson Visit JimmyJohnson's homepage! Find more posts by JimmyJohnson Add JimmyJohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
country's pride
UKC Forum Member

WIPEOUT should be in the top 5 they have beed winning winning and they are trowing young winners they are very independent,dead loaners,loud and they have a world champ wipeout speck akc and pkc and placed 10th in the ukc world and if you want to see some of the money the wipeout dog are winning go to pkc web page and got to race standing and go down to all time winning hounds that will speak for it self (WIPEOUT POWER)

sandhill action pac bawlie
sandhill action pac mrs g aka monkey
18 annual sc state youth champion 2013
2013 sc hall of fame final 4 ukc
nc state youth top 3
gorgia state youth top 3
sc state 2012 top 2

Old Post 12-28-2012 12:01 AM
country's pride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for country's pride Click here to Send country's pride a Private Message Find more posts by country's pride Add country's pride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimmyJohnson
UKC Forum Member

is there anything the wipeout dogs could use more or less of ?

330-406-6277

Old Post 12-28-2012 12:33 AM
JimmyJohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JimmyJohnson Click here to Send JimmyJohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email JimmyJohnson Visit JimmyJohnson's homepage! Find more posts by JimmyJohnson Add JimmyJohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
country's pride
UKC Forum Member

more tree and more honesty on what they run sometimes

sandhill action pac bawlie
sandhill action pac mrs g aka monkey
18 annual sc state youth champion 2013
2013 sc hall of fame final 4 ukc
nc state youth top 3
gorgia state youth top 3
sc state 2012 top 2

Old Post 12-28-2012 02:13 AM
country's pride is offline Click Here to See the Profile for country's pride Click here to Send country's pride a Private Message Find more posts by country's pride Add country's pride to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngwalkerman
UKC Forum Member

i hunt the coma dogs and the trackman dogs and to me the coma dogs most time have huge mouths on them and are super good track dogs and do good in thin or thick coons and just not super hard tree dogs and i got a pup now that is 9 months old that is a grand pup to track man witch is the best young dog i have ever had he hunts hard by him self or with other good mouth fast track dog and ever breath up on the wood tree dog and will not hardly back other dogs but most of the trackman dogs i have hunt with were not real good track dogs but i have not hunt with a lot of them just speaking on the ones i have seen but good and bad in all of them

Old Post 12-28-2012 12:29 PM
youngwalkerman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngwalkerman Click here to Send youngwalkerman a Private Message Click Here to Email youngwalkerman Visit youngwalkerman's homepage! Find more posts by youngwalkerman Add youngwalkerman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Jimmy,

What you are trying to do is a good idea, but the problem is not everyone evaluates hounds the same. The trick is find others who evaluate hounds similiar to you, and use their advice.

A person has to earn my respect in that area first before I would give their opinion any weight.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 12-28-2012 01:58 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimmyJohnson
UKC Forum Member

I understand that everyone is going to have different opinions, I was hoping that people would contribute their own opinions bas on experience and actual ownership. people without the knowledge or years of experience may never learn or understand anything different if older more experienced Hounds men don't take the initiative to educate some people. Its a real shame. This could of been a good thread.

330-406-6277

Old Post 12-28-2012 02:40 PM
J&C5891
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJohnson
. people without the knowledge or years of experience may never learn or understand anything different if older more experienced Hounds men don't take the initiative to educate some people. Its a real shame. This could of been a good thread. [/B]

I think its has more to do with experence than age. You can be young and educated. Just do your homework and look what has worked in the past...asl for advice from the men who has hunted the certain Line you are breeding or hunting

Jacob Cox
606-269-1062

After Dark Kennels
Home Of

GRNT' Jrs Janey
(Xjr x Insane Jane)

GRNT Trackman's Stylish Witch
(Trackman x Witchcraft

GRNT' Lonetree Style Legend
( Nocturnal Style x Southern Sky)

NTCH' Jessie Jane(2wins)
(Insane Cain X Chloe Cheyenne)

After Darks Jan-It
(Sweat It x Jr's Janey)

Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Honey Creek Spider x Jr's Janey)

Last edited by J&C5891 on 12-29-2012 at 02:32 PM

Old Post 12-29-2012 02:28 PM
J&C5891 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J&C5891 Click here to Send J&C5891 a Private Message Click Here to Email J&C5891 Find more posts by J&C5891 Add J&C5891 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigMikeTN
UKC Forum Member

High X-Pectations!! The Perfect Balance!

Old Post 12-29-2012 03:41 PM
BigMikeTN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMikeTN Click here to Send BigMikeTN a Private Message Click Here to Email BigMikeTN Find more posts by BigMikeTN Add BigMikeTN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimmyJohnson
UKC Forum Member

Jacob as a 3 rd generation profesional trainer, I can tell you this. I started working dogs for my Grandfather and uncles at 12 years old and haven't stopped to this day. It Started with hounds and led to bird dogs as a full time profession. Hounds are a passion in my off season I hunt extremely hard and start and finish hounds while my client dogs are home during the winter months. I Train walking horses as well that we compete and handle dogs off of. In my early twenties I didn't know or understand half of what I do today. Experience only comes with time and a multitude of dogs, mistakes and successes. God gave you two ears so you might listen more than you talk. All you had to do is say thanks for the advice Mr. Jim and move on. Instead you turned this into a defensive battle having all you friend to post on your behalf. Dog men are Dog men know matter what breed or game is pursued. You need to show some more class Jacob. Deleting my post isn't going to earn you any respect. I or anyone else have every right to question you based up on your reactions to simple advice. You assumed way too much. if you had any experience on any level you would understand that. It was ok for you to let you buddies bash my post and see your side. but you deleted my attempt to make everyone understand the facts and where I was coming from. Really disapointed in you Jacob. I thought you were better than this. Discredit me again. I Have all kinds of time and friends all over the country. I haven' t once posted all the private messages I have about this stupid mess. I will if you keep trying to cool the burn with your buddies. If you don't understand the mistakes you have made hear your clearly someone to be aware of. My website is Legacybirddogs.com I haven't updated it for a good while but check it out. feel free to pick and bash all you want on me.

330-406-6277

Old Post 12-29-2012 08:03 PM
J&C5891
UKC Forum Member

Jimmy im not picking or bashing you at all....you exactly rigjt u have the right to ask any question u desire...all I asked was for u to call me....I havent had one buddy of mine post on the Tuffman pups...all done it in their own free will...Jimmy im neither mad nor upset just stating my opinion...Your right expwrience comes with age..but please dont disrespect me because im in my twenties

Jacob Cox
606-269-1062

After Dark Kennels
Home Of

GRNT' Jrs Janey
(Xjr x Insane Jane)

GRNT Trackman's Stylish Witch
(Trackman x Witchcraft

GRNT' Lonetree Style Legend
( Nocturnal Style x Southern Sky)

NTCH' Jessie Jane(2wins)
(Insane Cain X Chloe Cheyenne)

After Darks Jan-It
(Sweat It x Jr's Janey)

Itsy Bitsy Spider
(Honey Creek Spider x Jr's Janey)

Old Post 12-29-2012 08:23 PM
J&C5891 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J&C5891 Click here to Send J&C5891 a Private Message Click Here to Email J&C5891 Find more posts by J&C5891 Add J&C5891 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote