UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Zone Numbers
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bryan K Webb
Maybe I'm missing the whole point about the entries to the hunts... However, the biggest problem I see with low numbers at hunts is one MAIN reason in my area.... Less hunters... I'm 40 years old and would probably be considered one of the youngest in the area... We dont have a 1/3 of the hunters that we had 10 years ago... I think you're gonna see a downward trend from now on.......

Youre right ! Todays Parents are putting IPADS and cell phones in the hands of young kids/ babys instead of a bbgun and coonhound pup . Maj of Kids these days dont play in the dirt , shoot birds and have mudball fights anymore they sit in the AC on the couch glued to a electronic device given to them by their mom or dad cause mom and dad dont have time for them. Not to mention the liberal agenda they get fed at school everyday from a vegetarian .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2019 03:52 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Everyone said that if UKC added money it would draw them in and increase entries. So they added $25,000 and we "waited to see". Well that didn't work. Numbers actually decreased. Now y'all are saying to change the Rules and wait and see. I am tired of waiting to see. Y'all are just throwing stuff at the proverbial wall to see what sticks. You are right though, I went to a PKC hunt once and everyone there was younger than me.

And Tarbaby, do you have any idea how much money it costs to hunt at S/S. If they have decent numbers like they did last year then your economy/money excuse goes in the trash can.

Old Post 09-12-2019 03:54 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard oh I so want to call you a big dummy but I won’t lol. The ukc world hunt and the super stakes are at the same time of the year. One $$$$ kc tried to knock the big $$$ kc off the block and be the lion tamer all at once and failed. Ukc is smart enough to build it up over time it will grow every year from now you watch !! If it don’t i will drive all the way to your front door and buy you a steak dinner anywhere you want to eat ............. deal ?

I hunt all kcs when I decide to go !

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-12-2019 04:35 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

yadkintar

You are dead on about this one & couldn't agree more about how things will change for the next few years @ ukc hunts. Been saying it all summer to these guys & everyone agreed they would get back to hunting ukc events, if these new rules came to be & new $$$ hunt were implemented. All that can be said about world hunt #'s is, if people wanted to drive west where it is, they HAVE the money, but AO, family sports & hunting seasons, along with lower competition type hunters, will have an effect.

If you guys don't think hunt #'s will increase next year @ world or especially local events, you may not have seen Josh Michaelis thoughts on way home from AO. Josh makes great game calls & is a tough competition hunter in his area. Josh decided on way home from his booth @ AO, "man, with these new rules changes & big money format, i'm going to have to find my puppy papers & get dog papers caught up for Jan. 1st". I really think a LOT more people will be looking to get 5 CW's, after Jan. 1. JMOP. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 09-12-2019 at 10:28 PM

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:15 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Webb, you might be one of the few that does get it. All of the money and all of the rule changes won't help that underlying fact. They are trying to cloud that fact with theories, what if's and opinions.
A lot of hunters convinced the management at AKC that if they had new rules and A bunch of prize money that hunters would come to their hunts. How has that worked out for them?

A lot of hunters convinced Redgy/CHKC that all he had to do was step up with new rules and a pile of money and the hunters would flock to their hunts. How did that work out for them?

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Webb, you might be one of the few that does get it. All of the money and all of the rule changes won't help that underlying fact. They are trying to cloud that fact with theories, what if's and opinions.
A lot of hunters convinced the management at AKC that if they had new rules and A bunch of prize money that hunters would come to their hunts. How has that worked out for them?

A lot of hunters convinced Redgy/CHKC that all he had to do was step up with new rules and a pile of money and the hunters would flock to their hunts. How did that work out for them?

Ain’t but one thing killed chkc ! Fact not fiction ! The man running it !

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Tarbaby, you know that is just an opinion. The fact is that what killed CHKC is the lack of entries at their hunts.

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:46 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness Tarbaby, you know that is just an opinion. The fact is that what killed CHKC is the lack of entries at their hunts.

Favoritism and bad decisions and waiting two months on win money causes all of that. Now your talking about stuff you don’t know I do !!

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 05:55 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

C'mon guys

Lets get back to zone #'s for this post. How about some great weather for our zone & world finals.

Argyle, Wisc.: Friday H-68 L-52
Saturday H-77 L-63

Finals @ Marshalltown: Thurs. H-79 L-61
Friday H-73 L-57
Saturday H-70 l-53
Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-12-2019 06:09 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Favoritism and bad decisions and waiting two months on win money causes all of that. Now your talking about stuff you don’t know I do !!

Tar

You're definitely fight on that Tar. Redgy pretty well made his bed on all of it. I've got to do some leg work on a set of ukc papers. I've got a nice young female but the previous owner lost the ukc papers.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-12-2019 06:10 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

How many of you fellas have buddy hunts at your club. There is one not to far from me that has them on Monday nights. I believe this one is mainly for members only. They do it really to get the youth involved. Have a bunch of young people show up. Teaching them the rules an getting them ready for the real world.

Old Post 09-12-2019 06:49 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Rogersville, Tn not as nice...
Fri high 94 low 67
Sat high 86 low 65

Old Post 09-12-2019 06:50 PM
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Richard you have cried about the rules and money so much here lately I figured you would for sure be out of tears by now.... Please for the love of god role something up that will calm your nerves and give that barking red dog some of it to. Everyone on these forums would appreciate it.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 09-12-2019 08:32 PM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dalton Cummings

I have tried to run interference on another post, but he bounces from post to post. I think all this hot dry weather killed his "weed" patch, anyone able to help him out? Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-12-2019 09:37 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

A lot of people worked really hard for a long long time to make these changes with no gain in mind but the love of the sport.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:03 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Dalton Cummings

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I have tried to run interference on another post, but he bounces from post to post. I think all this hot dry weather killed his "weed" patch, anyone able to help him out? Lol. Dave

Brownies fresh out of the oven and sweet tea in Miami tonight! I've got to find the pecans I hid back. Wish he was closer!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:05 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

mr richards

if that stuff ain't helped him by now that's not going to work lol if this was my first time on here reading this thread i would not be interested in comp hunting and maybe not even coon hunting at all to much negativity from someone who knows all the problems with UKC but no positive salutations!!!!!

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:06 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I gave y'all a solution several days ago. Maybe you weren't paying attention.

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:52 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Some of y'all are just like the gun control liberals. You think that you can control mass shootings with gun control legislation. You can't change human behavior with rules. You have to do something about the underlying problem.
Y'all have fallen for a ruse. Some have convinced y'all that the purpose of the rule changes was to increase entries at the hunts when the purpose of the rule changes is to change the hounds we hunt.

Old Post 09-12-2019 10:59 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

If the UKC World Hunt finals this year were at the same location that it was last year and the entry numbers were the same or less then a person could say the added money had no impact on the total number of entries this year. But, it is in a very different area than past years so how does anyone know that the entries wouldn't be lower without the added money? Unless there is only one variable changing in an equation then you can't assume anything from a result.

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:23 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Oh my goodness, now you are assuming things, you really need that "weed". I have a solution for you, just train that little Bob Redbone and show these young guys how to win hunts. If it has the t gene it's bound to have some more worthy genes from that side of the closet. New rules no problem should hunt just right. Lol. Dave

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:25 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by B McDaniel
Want to CONTINUE to shake things up??

Make the location for the Tournament of Champions the Tennis Center at Aurora KY!!

I was thinking the same thing and let’s do it with leaves off! Like maybe March

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:27 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Contrary to one mans belief some didn’t need the changes to win they already had winners.

Some that were not winning before still will not win.

Tar

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:35 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Reality is that most of us older hunters are not the ones that benefit or lose by any changes. I see these changes as benefiting the younger and middle-aged hunters, hopefully, drawing in a new crop of hunters as well. Sadly, some if the older hunters that don't like change may not hunt as much or at all. Truth is, we have had a day in the sun and it's time to look at what's best for the younger guys, as they are the future and we are mostly the past. No business should ever cater to a minority when their future is at stake. Will the hunts ever be like the glory days? No one knows, but every effort should be made to preserve the hunts and that includes change that not everyone will like. Dave

Old Post 09-12-2019 11:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

What you talken bout Willis ? I am gonna win the whole shabang !!!

Tar

Old Post 09-13-2019 12:04 AM