UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Leash Lock
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

sounds like you guys are going to have to train your dogs not to back a treed dog on a recut.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:00 PM
Davebrott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davebrott Click here to Send Davebrott a Private Message Click Here to Email Davebrott Find more posts by Davebrott Add Davebrott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

sounds like you guys are going to have to train your dogs not to back a treed dog on a recut.

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:00 PM
Davebrott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davebrott Click here to Send Davebrott a Private Message Click Here to Email Davebrott Find more posts by Davebrott Add Davebrott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

You guys really stop an think about it not having leash lock puts a stop to things for the good.

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:04 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
My thoughts are that Dog A and B trees would be scored before one turned back loose on C. Imo. Dave
soon as your done scoring dog A you recut dog A and then score dog B. if you held your dog while scoring dog B that would considered being leash locked.

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:04 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by Davebrott
soon as your done scoring dog A you recut dog A and then score dog B. if you held your dog while scoring dog B that would considered being leash locked.
That will be your option of you want to stay on leash or not. Now it can be used to benefit you.

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:12 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Davebrott
How can you consider it being locked if you're holding the key?

Old Post 09-06-2019 06:42 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Leash lock

Proposal 5. Leash-Locked. (Passed 4-3)
Eliminate leash-lock rule altogether, unless all dogs are declared treed and cast decides to move to a new location after all trees have been scored. If cast decides to move, hunt time shall be stopped while walking to trees with dog(s) on leash. Hunt time shall be called back in during shining time only.
As far as no leash lock does that mean when I get to the tree before we shine I recut my dog, than we score the tree. No sense in him watching me shine for 8 min. he knows he has him, time for him to go get another one.
" If cast decides to move" does this mean a majority vote? I guess the guide all get stuck doing whatever the cast tells em they want to do.

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:03 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I don’t know how they are going to decide to cut but the one I hunted was 30 seconds I always teach mine to cut right from the tree.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 09-06-2019 at 07:29 PM

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:25 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Proposal 5. Leash-Locked. (Passed 4-3)
Eliminate leash-lock rule altogether, unless all dogs are declared treed and cast decides to move to a new location after all trees have been scored. If cast decides to move, hunt time shall be stopped while walking to trees with dog(s) on leash. Hunt time shall be called back in during shining time only.
As far as no leash lock does that mean when I get to the tree before we shine I recut my dog, than we score the tree. No sense in him watching me shine for 8 min. he knows he has him, time for him to go get another one.
" If cast decides to move" does this mean a majority vote? I guess the guide all get stuck doing whatever the cast tells em they want to do.

No , judge tells you to handle dog. Dog stays on leash til shine time is finished. Walk minute or may have to wait til the dog that is out opens mouth. If there is dog struck in or until 6 catches him. Then you turn loose. All cast agrees on time out an dogs will be kept on leash.

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:27 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Missed something there

Must be a pkc hunter to say 6.

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:34 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: Missed something there

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Must be a pkc hunter to say 6.
Sorry , may have kept it at 8. I think it was changed to 6 . Don’t hold me to it.

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:43 PM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
No , judge tells you to handle dog. Dog stays on leash til shine time is finished. Walk minute or may have to wait til the dog that is out opens mouth. If there is dog struck in or until 6 catches him. Then you turn loose. All cast agrees on time out an dogs will be kept on leash.

Went back and checked I hot it all copied and pasted where did you read the rest???

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:43 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves

You have the option to cut or stay leashed. a different rule covers that and it didn't change.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-06-2019 07:53 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by joey
You have the option to cut or stay leashed. a different rule covers that and it didn't change.
You right sir. Been awhile since I hunted ukc. Back when high scoring dog won the whole thing I cut loose every opportunity I could get.

Old Post 09-06-2019 08:11 PM
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by joey

So lets say ive got a me too dog and I decide to not exercise my right to recut until another dog trees. Then I can let mine go and as long as he gets there before the 3 min is up an other dog has a coon I can get points?

Old Post 09-06-2019 08:56 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Except for that pesky word " entirely". We will have to wait and see how Mr Gingerich interprets, "replaces leash lock entirely".

Old Post 09-06-2019 09:02 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leash lock

quote:
Originally posted by stxcoonhunter
So lets say ive got a me too dog and I decide to not exercise my right to recut until another dog trees. Then I can let mine go and as long as he gets there before the 3 min is up an other dog has a coon I can get points?

Yes you can to my understanding. With new rule your dog has to cover within 3 min

Old Post 09-06-2019 10:20 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

So if you score your dog and recut and he goes to a treed dog the most minus you can get would be next available tree. I am guessing with the new count down rule next available is 25. You shouldn't lose any strike points because the treed dog was treed before you were struck back in. So 25 minus would be all you should receive, does that sound correct?

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:07 AM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by jdc
So if you score your dog and recut and he goes to a treed dog the most minus you can get would be next available tree. I am guessing with the new count down rule next available is 25. You shouldn't lose any strike points because the treed dog was treed before you were struck back in. So 25 minus would be all you should receive, does that sound correct?

If the only dog treed has 125 and yours doesn't get there before the time is out on tree the next available is 75.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:04 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If your dog can only be treed in for 25, how in the world can next available be 75? Does that even make any sense?

So if you just pitch your dog in after 2 min but right before the 3 is up, he goes in for 25 and if he is there he gets 25 scored and if he is not he gets 25 minus for not being treed. But if you don't and he is there when you get there, he gets 75 minus. Gee, I wonder how many handlers will tree their dog if it is anywhere close.

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:16 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
If the only dog treed has 125 and yours doesn't get there before the time is out on tree the next available is 75.

But if your dog arrives after 2 minutes 25 is what is available. So to me next available should be 25. UKC definitely needs to take a look at this and make a clear decision or it's going to be getting scored differently in every cast.

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:58 AM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia

In no way can it be justified that a dog that makes it in time can only get 25 but one that is late gets 75 minus.

I would not think this would happen as usually UKC has always made it the dog couldn't lose more than it could gain so if the countdown is up 25 would be all that was left.

Of course what do I know it's new to all of us. Talk about just blowing things up for destructions sake, this is it.

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:18 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
In no way can it be justified that a dog that makes it in time can only get 25 but one that is late gets 75 minus.

I would not think this would happen as usually UKC has always made it the dog couldn't lose more than it could gain so if the countdown is up 25 would be all that was left.

Of course what do I know it's new to all of us. Talk about just blowing things up for destructions sake, this is it.

Because the dog was not treed in and is present at the tree when the judge arrived it is undermined what time is off the clock when it arrived. That is why it gets next available and in the case of only one dog treed in next available is 75 points. If a second or 3rd dog have been treed after the 2 minutes have expired then the dog that was not treed in would take 25 for next available.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-07-2019 07:19 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When you "eliminate leash lock entirely", what will a dog that is recut strike back in for? And if UKC/Allen decides to leave the option in, will that change what the dog that is led to the next tree and then recut, strikes back in for.

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:02 PM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

It would be next available strick position wouldn’t it. According on what is already struck in .

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:12 PM