UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules Proposal Results
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

A dog can get sprayed by a skunk just running past it and can get quills the same way but if they've got quills inside their mouth they grabbed it no ifs ands or buts. You say you have to see the off game well if the dog still has half the porky stuck to the roof of its mouth I'd say ya seen it...lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-05-2019 11:55 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I say one thing.
I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS SO MANY HONORABLE HOUNDSMEN OUT HERE IN THESE HUNTS ON DOGS MESSING WITH OFF GAME LOL.

I have hunted around the world and I have NEVER seen the first person say, hey my dog is running a deee minus me or on a NtCh cast say hey my dog bayed a skunk over that ridge scratch me.

I truly get tickled at all the gloom and doom ones can set and come up with when something changes.

BUT, ONE THING REMAINS THE SAME AND ALWAYS WILL
STRIKE AND TREE MORE COONS THAT ARE VISIBLE THAN THE OTHER DOGS AND HAVE THEM BROKE FROM DUMB MISTAKES AND YOU WILL STILL HAVE A WINNER IN ANY REGISTRY UNDER ANY SET OF RULES

What I do see getting ready to happen is some of those so called slick treeing rough $kc dogs starting to show up and mess the playhouse up by showing they can win these supposed coon treeing contest that we are told by so many that we cannot do

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:34 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Proposal 1. So if you are hunting a colder nosed dog that can run a track the others can't...
Proposal 5. So, you no longer have the option if a dog is treed to turn loose?
Proposal 6. Guess a good dog only has to hold a tree 3 minutes now?

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 09-06-2019 at 03:56 AM

Old Post 09-06-2019 03:50 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Re: 2020 Rules

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
For those claiming these are the best rules EVER to hunt under, let just take a quick look at what is being called THE BEST.

Proposal 1- Babbling- With this rule as it is now written, I can agree with any judge or handler who doesn't like the fact that somebody else got first strike, and as soon as they question if the dog is babbling, I can agree, knock that dog out of strike points all together, and then gain tremendously on that particular dog so long as I get strike and tree points in the top two positions on that same track.

With the rule written as it is, it makes it VERY easy to knock someone out of strike points, thus allowing me to gain an unfair advantage of that very same dog that opened ahead of mine. And you will say why that will never happen as we are HONORABLE Sportsmen. Well we all have already seen just how honorable most folks are today with this WIN AT ALL COST attitude.

We are all so HONORABLE today that with these new rules we no longer have a need to require a hound to maintain a HOUND trait. You see, Silent trailing is a FAULT, in the eye of the TRUE Houndsman. And I am a TRUE HOUNDSMAN. This was a fault when the rules were originally written and has remained a fault until to passing of these past rules proposals. So from where I am sitting YOU Breed Reps that just voted to eliminate one of the most important characteristics of our HOUNDS have just done a GREAT dis-service to the true HOUND Breeders of this nation.

What now separates your style HOUND from the cur dog down the road. NOTHING. and I will say it again NOTHING!!

So Now, breed Reps, why won't you allow the cur dogs to hunt against you in competition? You have NO GOOD ARGUMENT as to why they shouldn't be allowed. But I will tell you this, IF I had wanted to breed for a cur dog I would have done it many, many, years ago.

Some say they are now coming back to hunt UKC, now that the rules are written so much more fair. I call Bull Crap on that one. You just sit back and watch how the silent trailing handlers gang up on the first and 2nd strike dogs, so as to not allow them to receive strike points, so they can strike and tree all in one breath for 225.

I say this is a SAD SAD day!!!!!

And while I am on a role let me just clarify one more thing. UKC did NOT implement these new rule changes, they simply gave the platform for which rules could be changed. YOU the Breed Reps are "in my opinion" fully responsible for making these changes, and it is YOU that will be responsible "in my eyes" for changing the traits of what we will call hounds from this day forward. If your gonna allow a HOUND to operate with cur traits, you should at least require that the term Silent trailer be stamped on the UKC papers so that the true roundsman doesn't get fooled into thinking that hound had superior HOUND traits that were better than most that allowed that dog to be successful in competition.

An if I may quote the famous Emmett Brohard, ENOUGH SAID!!!!!

X2

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:03 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike McCool
UKC Forum Member

I hope all these people are right because all this griping about babbling dogs accounted for half of the turnout at your club so this means the new rules are going to bring guys to replace the ones there going to lose. all babblers will be going to pkc oh i forgot thats where it started again lets see turnout numbers when this takes affect.

Old Post 09-06-2019 04:40 PM
Mike McCool is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike McCool Click here to Send Mike McCool a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike McCool Find more posts by Mike McCool Add Mike McCool to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

To be honest!!! I dont have a problem with a guy striking his silent mouth track dog as long as he dont have a problem with me treeing my silent mouth treedog

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 09-06-2019 05:12 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Proposal 7

Allen needs to change wording or clarify it, before it takes effect. There is no way a dog should be assigned tree pts. after pulling off its tree & going in to a TREE THAT IS CLOSED.Only assign tree pts. for off game or slick tree as in past. Otherwise, no one will turn loose after scoring their tree.

Example: All dogs are struck, Dog A is treed & dogs B/C goes on & split trees with dog D continuing to trail. After scoring A tree, it is cut loose, re-strikes for 25 with a line & trees with B/C, he SHOULD NOT be assigned tree pts., if coon is seen, because that tree is already closed, but could be assigned 371/2 WITH A LINE, just like strike pts. While this is going on, dog D has arrived at tree before judge arrives, but after tree is closed. When judge arrives, he assigns D 371/2 tree pts, depending how tree is scored.

Coon is seen- B/C plus both ways. Dog A deleted both ways, Dog D minused both ways.

Circle tree- B/C circle both ways. Dog A deleted both ways. Dog D circled strike, delete assigned tree pts.

Slick tree or off game- B/C minused both ways. Dog A deleted strike pts. minused tree pts. Dog D minused both ways.

Assigning tree pts. is for dog that covers after tree is closed, but used to ONLY get minus strike pts., when coon was seen.
2nd scenario- Dog A is scored, but kept on leash. B/C tree is closed, then dog D covers it. Judge arrives & assigns D 50 pts.-

Coon is seen- B/C plus both ways. Dog D is minused both ways, for treeing late & coming in off his own track & not finishing it.

Circle tree- B/C circled both ways. Dog D circled strike, deleted tree, then those could not be used in case of tie breaker.

Slick tree or off game- B/C/D are all minused both ways.

Then all 4 dogs could be cast together or time out taken to move. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 09-08-2019 at 12:48 PM

Old Post 09-07-2019 09:59 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

Re: Proposal 7

quote:
Originally posted by Rolin Blues
Allen needs to change wording or clarify it, before it takes effect. There is no way a dog should be assigned tree pts. after pulling off its tree & going in to a TREE THAT IS CLOSED.Only assign tree pts. for off game or slick tree as in past. Otherwise, no one will turn loose after scoring their tree.

Example: All dogs are struck, Dog A is treed & dogs B/C goes on & split trees with dog D continuing to trail. After scoring A tree, it is cut loose, re-strikes for 25 with a line & trees with B/C, he SHOULD NOT be assigned tree pts., if coon is seen, because that tree is already closed, but could be assigned 50 WITH A LINE, just like strike pts. While this is going on, dog D has arrived at tree before judge arrives, but after tree is closed. When judge arrives, he assigns D 25 tree pts, depending how tree is scored.

Coon is seen- B/C plus both ways. Dog A deleted both ways, Dog D minused both ways.

Circle tree- B/C circle both ways. Dog A deleted both ways. Dog D circled strike, delete assigned tree pts.

Slick tree or off game- B/C minused both ways. Dog A deleted strike pts. minused tree pts. Dog D minused both ways.

Assigning tree pts. is for dog that covers after tree is closed, but used to ONLY get minus strike pts., when coon was seen.
2nd scenario- Dog A is scored, but kept on leash. B/C tree is closed, then dog D covers it. Judge arrives & assigns D 50 pts.-

Coon is seen- B/C plus both ways. Dog D is minused both ways, for treeing late & coming in off his own track & not finishing it.

Circle tree- B/C circled both ways. Dog D circled strike, deleted tree, then those could not be used in case of tie breaker.

Then all 4 dogs could be cast together or time out taken to move. Take care, Ron.

I agree with you Ron with the exception of deleting dog a tree points on a obvious slick or off game. If the dog goes and backs another dog he should receive minus just the same as the dog that did all the work. Imo I’d want mine to go on and actually tree the coon dog b&c missed or if it was off game I’d want my dog to keep his mouth shut till he knew it was right and if not get outta there and get under a coon. If it babbled on the way in after recut or barked when arriving at the tree the dog had struck therefore he should have a coon when he/she trees so if it’s slick or trash give it the minus points. I don’t care for a me to idiot but I’m not gonna break a dog for covering another one if he has nothing going on but he also doesn’t deserve any points for showing up when the works done either. If the option to recut is still there a handler can make his or her own choice. I personally will hold mine if I’m winning and another dog is treed close by. Now if I’m losing or another dog is a mile deep treed I’m cutting loose cause if they go that far to cover another dog they won’t be on my lead very long. Each to their own I don’t feed anyone else’s dogs or vise versa. I enjoy hunting wether it be pleasure or competition and will continue to do so as long as I’m able to. Now if a dog that I enjoy hunting isn’t what can win in the hunts then I just won’t competition hunt. But bottom line is if the dog goes hunting and trees live coons there is a chance of winning the only given to a nite hunt is you can’t win if you don’t enter.

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:21 AM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F bond
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Example: All dogs are struck, Dog A is treed & dogs B/C goes on & split trees with dog D continuing to trail. After scoring A tree, it is cut loose, re-strikes for 25 with a line & trees with B/C, he SHOULD NOT be assigned tree pts., if coon is seen, because that tree is already closed, but could be assigned 50 WITH A LINE, just like strike pts. While this is going on, dog D has arrived at tree before judge arrives, but after tree is closed. When judge arrives, he assigns D 25 tree pts, depending how tree is scored.

I agree with you Ron with the exception of deleting dog a tree points on a obvious slick or off game. If the dog goes and backs another dog he should receive minus just the same as the dog that did all the work. Imo I’d want mine to go on and actually tree the coon dog b&c missed or if it was off game I’d want my dog to keep his mouth shut till he knew it was right and if not get outta there and get under a coon. If it babbled on the way in after recut or barked when arriving at the tree the dog had struck therefore he should have a coon when he/she trees so if it’s slick or trash give it the minus points. I don’t care for a me to idiot but I’m not gonna break a dog for covering another one if he has nothing going on but he also doesn’t deserve any points for showing up when the works done either. If the option to recut is still there a handler can make his or her own choice. I personally will hold mine if I’m winning and another dog is treed close by. Now if I’m losing or another dog is a mile deep treed I’m cutting loose cause if they go that far to cover another dog they won’t be on my lead very long. Each to their own I don’t feed anyone else’s dogs or vise versa. I enjoy hunting wether it be pleasure or competition and will continue to do so as long as I’m able to. Now if a dog that I enjoy hunting isn’t what can win in the hunts then I just won’t competition hunt. But bottom line is if the dog goes hunting and trees live coons there is a chance of winning the only given to a nite hunt is you can’t win if you don’t enter.

Old Post 09-08-2019 05:21 AM
F bond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F bond Click here to Send F bond a Private Message Click Here to Email F bond Find more posts by F bond Add F bond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Sorry F bond

But you must have mis-read my post on that point. Dog A would get deleted both ways on coon seen or circle. Dog A would get deleted strike pts. & minused tree pts. on slick or off game. You're right, a dog should get "his butt outta dodge" on a slick or off game & not just cover for the sake of doing it.

I had to read my post again to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 09-08-2019 at 12:53 PM

Old Post 09-08-2019 07:13 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re: 2020 Rules

quote:
Originally posted by Rocketman55
For those claiming these are the best rules EVER to hunt under, let just take a quick look at what is being called THE BEST.

Proposal 1- Babbling- With this rule as it is now written, I can agree with any judge or handler who doesn't like the fact that somebody else got first strike, and as soon as they question if the dog is babbling, I can agree, knock that dog out of strike points all together, and then gain tremendously on that particular dog so long as I get strike and tree points in the top two positions on that same track.

With the rule written as it is, it makes it VERY easy to knock someone out of strike points, thus allowing me to gain an unfair advantage of that very same dog that opened ahead of mine. And you will say why that will never happen as we are HONORABLE Sportsmen. Well we all have already seen just how honorable most folks are today with this WIN AT ALL COST attitude.

We are all so HONORABLE today that with these new rules we no longer have a need to require a hound to maintain a HOUND trait. You see, Silent trailing is a FAULT, in the eye of the TRUE Houndsman. And I am a TRUE HOUNDSMAN. This was a fault when the rules were originally written and has remained a fault until to passing of these past rules proposals. So from where I am sitting YOU Breed Reps that just voted to eliminate one of the most important characteristics of our HOUNDS have just done a GREAT dis-service to the true HOUND Breeders of this nation.

What now separates your style HOUND from the cur dog down the road. NOTHING. and I will say it again NOTHING!!

So Now, breed Reps, why won't you allow the cur dogs to hunt against you in competition? You have NO GOOD ARGUMENT as to why they shouldn't be allowed. But I will tell you this, IF I had wanted to breed for a cur dog I would have done it many, many, years ago.

Some say they are now coming back to hunt UKC, now that the rules are written so much more fair. I call Bull Crap on that one. You just sit back and watch how the silent trailing handlers gang up on the first and 2nd strike dogs, so as to not allow them to receive strike points, so they can strike and tree all in one breath for 225.

I say this is a SAD SAD day!!!!!

And while I am on a role let me just clarify one more thing. UKC did NOT implement these new rule changes, they simply gave the platform for which rules could be changed. YOU the Breed Reps are "in my opinion" fully responsible for making these changes, and it is YOU that will be responsible "in my eyes" for changing the traits of what we will call hounds from this day forward. If your gonna allow a HOUND to operate with cur traits, you should at least require that the term Silent trailer be stamped on the UKC papers so that the true roundsman doesn't get fooled into thinking that hound had superior HOUND traits that were better than most that allowed that dog to be successful in competition.

An if I may quote the famous Emmett Brohard, ENOUGH SAID!!!!!

AGREED 100 % !!!!

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 09-09-2019 05:50 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:

Example: All dogs are struck, Dog A is treed & dogs B/C goes on & split trees with dog D continuing to trail. After scoring A tree, it is cut loose, re-strikes for 25 with a line & trees with B/C, he SHOULD NOT be assigned tree pts., if coon is seen, because that tree is already closed, but could be assigned 371/2 WITH A LINE, just like strike pts. While this is going on, dog D has arrived at tree before judge arrives, but after tree is closed. When judge arrives, he assigns D 371/2 tree pts, depending how tree is scored.

AGREED 100 % !!!

YOU ARE DARNED IF YOU DO AND DARNED IF YOU DON'T!!!
WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THESE REPS THINKING???
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.
IF THIS IS NOT MAKING YOU BREED OR TRAIN FOR TOTALLY INDEPENDENT DOGS TO WIN IN HUNTS, I QUIT!!!!
WON"T OWN OR BREED FOR THIS NONSENSE.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 09-09-2019 05:56 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I wish Jim Sizemore was here to straighten this mess out.

Old Post 09-12-2019 01:27 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
I wish Jim Sizemore was here to straighten this mess out.

Copy that

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:27 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
A dog can get sprayed by a skunk just running past it and can get quills the same way but if they've got quills inside their mouth they grabbed it no ifs ands or buts. You say you have to see the off game well if the dog still has half the porky stuck to the roof of its mouth I'd say ya seen it...lol

I always figured some common sense had to be used with that rule, I’ve always felt there was times with both skunks and porkies you could scratch for off game without seeing it.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 09-12-2019 02:59 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gyhunter
UKC Forum Member

Ukc rules

Headed in right direction. But I'm a proponent of having strike points same for dogs and trees plus or minus. No grey areas.

Old Post 09-16-2019 08:46 PM
gyhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gyhunter Click here to Send gyhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email gyhunter Find more posts by gyhunter Add gyhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gyhunter
UKC Forum Member

Ukc rules

Headed in right direction. But I'm a proponent of having strike points same for dogs and trees plus or minus. No grey areas.

Old Post 09-16-2019 08:46 PM
gyhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gyhunter Click here to Send gyhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email gyhunter Find more posts by gyhunter Add gyhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Lewis
UKC Forum Member

Really gonna like the new changes!

Old Post 09-30-2019 10:44 PM
Tim Lewis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Lewis Click here to Send Tim Lewis a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Lewis Add Tim Lewis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonnutz
UKC Forum Member

What a crock of s;*t

I can believe anyone really can agree to some of these rule changes. If they are the tyoe of rules you want we really need to reconsider the type of dog we are hunting. Who the he'll goes out pleasure hunting just to hear a dog tree I could teach a Boston terrier to tree a **** tree. A dog trailing a coon is the music I live for. If mine don't trail I'd shoot the pos don't care how many coons it trees. And dear Lord now I have to see that deer screaming pos b4 I can minus it. When the he'll did no child left behind hit the dog world. Raise better dogs not change rules to help the pos our grandfather's would have culled out the gene pool. I expected better from us

PR King's Lone Pine Ammolite
PR Boomer's Nocturnal Amethyst

Old Post 10-04-2019 05:38 PM
coonnutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonnutz Click here to Send coonnutz a Private Message Find more posts by coonnutz Add coonnutz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

I can see this is going to be a young man's game. Tree old so and so... He's 300 yards away, let's go. We'll stop on the way to listen. Ok, close the tree at 3 minutes, but hold tree for 5.. at least.. what are we doing to the hounds?

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 10-04-2019 07:02 PM