UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules Proposal Results
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Rules Proposal Results

The Rules Committee met at the most recent Autumn Oaks to discuss and vote on all rule change proposals on the ballot, as they relate to the UKC Nite Hunt running rules. The following proposals are those that were passed by a majority vote and are those that will go into effect on January 1, 2020 for all UKC Licensed Nite Hunts. Until then, current running rules apply for the remainder of 2019 as shown in the Official Coonhound Rulebook and on the back side of the current scorecards.

Starting in the November Issue of COONHOUND BLOODLINES (Advisor Column), we will go into further details on each of the following rules changes.

Proposal 1. Babbling. (Passed 4-3)
If a question arises pertaining to a dog babbling when declared struck; a vote shall determine the scoring of strike points as follows:
a. If majority of the cast agrees the dog was babbling, strike points shall be minused.
b. If the vote results in a tie, strike points shall be deleted.
c. If majority of cast agrees the dog was not babbling, strike points shall remain assigned as called.

Proposal 2. Tree Countdown. (Passed 4-3)
Any dog that is declared treed two minutes after first dog was declared treed; will be assigned 25 points on that tree.

Proposal 5. Leash-Locked. (Passed 4-3)
Eliminate leash-lock rule altogether, unless all dogs are declared treed and cast decides to move to a new location after all trees have been scored. If cast decides to move, hunt time shall be stopped while walking to trees with dog(s) on leash. Hunt time shall be called back in during shining time only.

Proposal 6. Tree Closed. (Passed 7-0)
Change rule to close tree at three (3) minutes after first dog is declared treed.

Proposal 7. Treeing but not Declared Treed When Judge Arrives. (Passed 5-2)
Any dog(s) treeing, but not declared treed, when the judge arrives shall be assigned next available tree points. The dog shall be awarded next available tree points and minused both strike and tree if; coon is seen, tree is slick, or off game is seen. In the case of more than one dog; split available points.

Proposal 8. Squalling at Tree. (Passed 6-1)
Eliminate Rule 6(u) and allow squalling during all of shining time.

Proposal 9. Silent on Track. (Passed 7-0)
Eliminate Rule 6(e) {if dog is continuously silent on track}.

Proposal 11. Running, Treeing, or Molesting Off Game. (Passed 5-2)
Change rules to state dogs must be SEEN running, treeing, or molesting off game.

Proposal 13. Scratched for Fighting. (Passed 5-2)
Change rule to scratch dogs for fighting or attempting to fight during hunt time only and shall further include while dogs are off leash and during any time out periods during the hunt.

Proposal 15. Issue Warning on First Offense. (see each item as noted below)

A.) Passed 4-3
For handler declaring dog struck after the third bark. Judge shall ask for call and dog must be declared struck on next bark or receive available strike position minused and reassigned on the scorecard. 2.) Minus available strike position on second offense. If not declared struck on next bark after judge asks for call, dog is scratched. 3.) Scratch dog on third offense.

B.) Passed 4-3
For calling wrong dog. On second offense dog is minused called points available. Dog is scratched on third offense.

Proposal 17. Point Values in Strike and Tree Column on Scorecard. (Passed 7-0)
Change Rule 6(y) to read: {If scorecard lacks point values in the strike or tree column(s) and after seeking additional information the Event Official cannot satisfactorily determine the accurate score, effected dog(s) will be scratched.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-04-2019 05:44 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

UKC Shocking the coon hunting world.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 09-04-2019 06:15 PM
Night Shift is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

are you gonna post how each breed voted.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 09-04-2019 06:24 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

How about hunt director hunting ?

Tar

Old Post 09-04-2019 06:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Love it!

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:19 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zarf
UKC Forum Member

Wow whole Lotta changes all at once some seem ligit and some sound like they will further decline the quality of today's UKC hounds. So we want some growly tree jack in silent slick treein sob. Ha thought their was a registry for that already.

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:34 PM
zarf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zarf Click here to Send zarf a Private Message Click Here to Email zarf Find more posts by zarf Add zarf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding move UKC. You listened to the men and women that pay entry fees and put some rules in place that will attract more of us.

I sincerely look forward to hunting UKC once again. I cut my teeth on UKC hunts but left due to the set up of rules after I started hunting the other registry.

Now, you got in gear and have the best set of rules in the game.

Many more will come back.

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:47 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

When I first read through this I thought to myself, is this an old April Fool's post that got bumped up?

Glad to finally see some big changes for the better!

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:48 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by zarf
Wow whole Lotta changes all at once some seem ligit and some sound like they will further decline the quality of today's UKC hounds. So we want some growly tree jack in silent slick treein sob. Ha thought their was a registry for that already.

Are you actually being serious about the we want the growly tree jacking silent slick treeing dog?

If you think that is what wins the other registries hunts I got an Ocean front condo in Arizona I would like to sell you.

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:50 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by zarf

Only people that think that is common in the other registry
are those that have never hunted in it, or their dogs aren't good enough to compte in it.

These new rules are going to bring in a better class of dog and handler, so y'all might wanna get ready.

Good job UKC

Old Post 09-04-2019 07:55 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

👍👍 good job!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-04-2019 08:01 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

big changes I think they are great

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 09-04-2019 08:07 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Time to get of the computer an in the woods. Stiff competition on the way. Great set of rules. We will see better dogs an have to have better dogs.

Old Post 09-04-2019 08:41 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Winter Classic in Feb is going to be interesting LOL !!

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 09-04-2019 09:22 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Maybe over looking the answer to my question. Say your scoring dog A tree . During shine time of dog A handler of dog B trees his dog. Dog B tree is dead. When recutting dog A it goes an trees with dog B. Will handler have to tree dog A or will dog A be minused for going into tree? Might not have worded this right so feel free to correct me.

Old Post 09-04-2019 09:23 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Only people that think that is common in the other registry
are those that have never hunted in it, or their dogs aren't good enough to compte in it.

These new rules are going to bring in a better class of dog and handler, so y'all might wanna get ready.

Good job UKC

honestly I think you're right. A bunch of guys that never hunt UKC will be at a few hunts.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 09-04-2019 09:58 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Maybe over looking the answer to my question. Say your scoring dog A tree . During shine time of dog A handler of dog B trees his dog. Dog B tree is dead. When recutting dog A it goes an trees with dog B. Will handler have to tree dog A or will dog A be minused for going into tree? Might not have worded this right so feel free to correct me.
it sounds like minus to me

Old Post 09-04-2019 11:43 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

In regards to the fighting rule

So if I tie my dog back at the tree and the next handler brings his dog over and ties his dog to close to mine and they fight it is ok because there not off the leash. Sounds like a way to eliminate competition when big money is on the line. May the big dog win!!!!

Old Post 09-04-2019 11:50 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom anderson
UKC Forum Member

After tree close and dog is treed is that still a split tree cause if they are going to get in trouble for being there if not called treed it is right that they call it a split tree

Old Post 09-05-2019 12:11 AM
Tom anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom anderson Click here to Send Tom anderson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom anderson Add Tom anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deschmidt27
UKC Forum Member

Not sure about Proposal 11... that rule was rarely enforced as it was, and now it never will. It seems to me that a dog or dogs that in a matter of minutes, have blown out of the woods, across the bean field, through a fence row, another field and are still boogeying, are clearly on off game. I don’t know that anyone needs to actually see the deer, to know the dogs are running one! To simply call timeout and go get them, as opposed to minusing or scratching them, is BS.

In 30 years of hunting, mine and other’s dogs have ran quite a few deer, and I’ve only actually seen the deer once! Now, it did happen to be in a competition event, and there were those that still didn’t want to scratch the dogs!

Old Post 09-05-2019 12:16 AM
deschmidt27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deschmidt27 Click here to Send deschmidt27 a Private Message Click Here to Email deschmidt27 Find more posts by deschmidt27 Add deschmidt27 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Re: In regards to the fighting rule

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
So if I tie my dog back at the tree and the next handler brings his dog over and ties his dog to close to mine and they fight it is ok because there not off the leash. Sounds like a way to eliminate competition when big money is on the line. May the big dog win!!!!
It says during time outs also. On leash or not it’s still during hunt time

Old Post 09-05-2019 12:22 AM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: In regards to the fighting rule

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sgraves
It says during time outs also. On leash or not it’s still during hunt time [/QUOTE nooooo what it says as long as there leashed they cannot be scratched. Cannot unless off leash

Old Post 09-05-2019 12:44 AM
Emily
UKC Forum Member

off game

so if the hounds come back full of quills (reeking of skunk)but no one saw the porcupine (skunk)itself, they haven't been molesting off game?

Old Post 09-05-2019 02:05 AM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Emily
UKC Forum Member

off game

so if the hounds come back full of quills (reeking of skunk)but no one saw the porcupine (skunk)itself, they haven't been molesting off game?

Old Post 09-05-2019 02:05 AM
Emily is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Emily Click here to Send Emily a Private Message Click Here to Email Emily Find more posts by Emily Add Emily to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
How about hunt director hunting ?

Tar

Yeah! What Tar asked?

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 09-05-2019 02:34 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote