UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Which Light?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re simple but not simple minded

quote:
Originally posted by springcreekwalk
Tim

I don't recall trying to get personal or be personal involving names geared towards anyone imperticular but obviously you seemed it necessary to put my name in personally 1st off I'm glade that I get enough recognition that I apperantly weighed on your mind I must say you did hit the nail actually light the head on several things but I didn't feel necessary to need to mention come into play how ever since you feel it necessary glade you brought up seveidsonral points
Point
1 your right not all lights are put together equal that's a fact some of us do spend much more time putting the love and action to detail the xtreme pro does just that the attention to detail and a unmatched workmanship has put xtreme pro forever on the map of high quality and performance that's why a life time warranty was felt that a build with such quality will last a lifetime and so far out of the hundreds upon hundreds of lights built we have almost a o in repair failure of the lights that come out of this shop

2nd parts since all parts are bought from superior guess what its the same parts you use in your lights and I have to say once again your right superior has the best parts to build lights I guess that's another reason that xtreme pro has such a hi quality light but thanks for pointing that out to everyone I'm sure that will help everyone know their getting the highest quality in parts known to the light industry

3rd
Options yes it is very true that options make the for world go around witch I felt that the xtreme pro gives everyone the options xtreme pro was the first to put a 4 modual light on the market that has been out almost 2 years no other light company had ever seen such untill almost 2 years ago when I done it also I give a option on this head with 3 color selection and giving this light a 16 position setting and that's what you call total control of selection of brightness the xtreme pro signature head is what we have stuck with the entire time why because are feed back and growing recognition of being one of the best lights on the market Barr none

Overview
Lights built with the highest quality parts 👍you should know
Lights built to the highest quality of workmanship witch deserves a lifetime warranty on all parts and labor

Complete control of light with 4 positions of walk from very dim to highest setting alot feel that this very low setting is necessary I cases when they just need just enough light to see a stop watch or write a score down on a score card without interfering or maybe even being somewhere we maybe should not be to go to get one of our hounds this comes in very handy
The control of having to most abundant walk light available and colors
The option of colors from red and Amber that's felt are the 2 best colors from summer to winter

Also the xtreme pro is user friendly that up untill this development no one used a completely every component detachable system to give the user the option to switch to a new cap just in seconds no more nasty cap or may switch from hard cap to soft cap
New head designs are easily upgraded in seconds so that way the guy who just buys a light and a new style comes out the user can change their self in just seconds without sending light in or having to buy a new model its simple and easy and the customer doesnt feel they bought something that is now out dated
The option of changing from cap light to belt light for when alot of my users feel like going fishing at night and don't want the risk of dropping their light in the water and loosing no worries if it's attached to your side

The responses from the xtreme pro from all that have used one and hunted with one is I love it best brightest light I've been in the woods with and best light I've owned so far

Tim you have never owned a xtreme pro light and doubt you've ever bee. In the woods with one I feel like when I rejected your business 2 years ago it left a mark with you considering I wasn't will to just give you a light for free or sell you one under whole sale cost for you to.promote my light as you wanted me to do I didn't feel I needed to give it away to make people like the light if you don't want to buy one of mine I don't feel like it's worth having if I have to give it to ya son far everyone has been proud to buy it and own it and spend that much money and was happy to do it this is by some of the elite hardest hunting guys in the coon hunting industry that are out in the trenches on a nightly basis and not internet coon hunters that play on the computer more than they actually hunt real professionals that are 6 nights a week 52 weeks a year

First of all Kevin, I knew you get most of your Parts from Superior Lights as do alot of other Light Builders. I dont blame them, Sam sells good parts and good lights..
You mentioned that I wanted you to give me a Free Light and you rejected my business ?......I dont think so, I never asked you one time to give me Free anything......and have Never asked that from any Light Builder. I Buy all my lights, always have and always will. Have I had some Light Builders that have offered, but I refused....Because I didnt trust their lights and I was right....Because they are No longer in business.
I only used your name because I knew who Springcreekwalk is, thats it.
I dont know you, never met you, have never bought a light from you. There is No Need for me to buy one of your lights when I can go to the Man that supplies all the Great Parts for your lights.
I have helped to Sell Bunches of Lights in the last 5+ years and will continue to do so.
Some Vendors on here get really " Sensitive " when it comes to someone giving advice on a new light if its not one they are pushing......LOL.....😆....thats why I wont do any Business of any kind with them, and I dont recommend them to my Friends & Family. Places like Conkeys & Redfern Supply gets our Business......Very Professional Business People.
You take care Kevin, I am done wasting my time on here with this. I have some Superior & Brighteyes Lights to Recommend.........🖒

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 01-03-2018 at 03:46 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-2018 03:40 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for reply taCowalker I still use my k light 21 volt belt 10 years old now updated to g2 head several years ago it's still super bright and after 10 years I think it's time for a upgrade so let us know how you like the zoom

Old Post 01-03-2018 03:44 PM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RVosburg
UKC Forum Member

HOLLY CRAP!!!!

Man I never thought my post would get so many people cranked up! Guys I asked for some recommendations on lights and I appreciate all those that responded with recommendations. Thanks again for the responses and insight.

Old Post 01-03-2018 08:16 PM
RVosburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RVosburg Click here to Send RVosburg a Private Message Click Here to Email RVosburg Find more posts by RVosburg Add RVosburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: HOLLY CRAP!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by RVosburg
Man I never thought my post would get so many people cranked up! Guys I asked for some recommendations on lights and I appreciate all those that responded with recommendations. Thanks again for the responses and insight.

It was Great talking with you last week.....
Good Luck on your New Light, you will Love either of the 2 we discussed.
When you get one send me a text and let me know how you like it...👍🏻👍🏻
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-04-2018 11:26 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RVosburg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: HOLLY CRAP!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
It was Great talking with you last week.....
Good Luck on your New Light, you will Love either of the 2 we discussed.
When you get one send me a text and let me know how you like it...👍🏻👍🏻
Tim

Will do Tim, I appreciate the information and enjoyed talking with you too.

Old Post 01-04-2018 01:17 PM
RVosburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RVosburg Click here to Send RVosburg a Private Message Click Here to Email RVosburg Find more posts by RVosburg Add RVosburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

Another thing to consider is what "color" you want your main beam to be. In the last couple years I've had Sunspot, Boss Hotspot, and Bright Eyes lights. The Sunspot and Boss are really good lights and both have really good customer service. The problem I have with them is they both have the soft white or off white main beam. Not that it isn't bright, it is, but it's a different color of light. Alot of guys like it and say they can see detail better in tall winter time trees. I'm just the opposite. I can't see detail nearly as well with the off white light. I can see alot better with the bright white main beam. That's what led me to Bright Eyes. I've had the Gravedigger, and I now have a Reaper cap light and a Reaper Double Death Plus belt light. I've never seen a brighter light than the Reaper. My Reaper double death has amber and red along with the walk light. I like to use the amber for a walk light in the summer cause it doesn't attract bugs. The walk light is OUTSTANDING! The main beam has a good spot and is the brightest that I've seen. Ray Conrad at Bright Eyes and a great guy and definitely stands behind his products!

Old Post 01-04-2018 02:59 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

LS01103, I don't know if you are aware or not but we can all do that same color Main beam. You just need to ask for it, we all have access to the same parts and led's.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-04-2018 03:30 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
LS01103, I don't know if you are aware or not but we can all do that same color Main beam. You just need to ask for it, we all have access to the same parts and led's.
Why so much discussion about different lights? If all light makers have access to the same parts, can't we call any light maker and get exactly what we want?

Old Post 01-04-2018 03:55 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMW
UKC Forum Member

I highly recommend Bright Eyes. They have the best products, service, warranty, and will do anything to help you out!! Give Mr. Ray a call...
A few months ago, I decided to get myself a Reaper DD. So I called and rode a little over an hour to the Bright Eyes shop. Mr Ray was out so I was talking to his associate. I complimented on their business, service etc. He told me it pays off to provide great service and warranty. He once had a guy that left his light head hanging out the truck door while driving down the road... LOL... He replaced the head, free of charge.
Another time, in the late 90's, I had a light I bought from some short lived business and the wire pulled out the battery box. I had a friend that was going to Rock Hill to check out these new Bright eyes lights. I sent the broken light with him and asked to see if Bright eyes could fix it for me. They fixed it and put a better cord/connector on it. Free of Charge!!
I'm sure other light companies are good too, But In my experience, Bright Eyes is the way to go.

...."Wilkes' Zoom".... (Straight off Dohoney's Tom Horn)
...."Wilkes' Brooke".... (Sackett Jr., Slow Talking Buzz bred)
morganwilkes1.wixsite.com/wilkeswalkers

Old Post 01-04-2018 03:56 PM
DMW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMW Click here to Send DMW a Private Message Visit DMW's homepage! Find more posts by DMW Add DMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I had heard that but I had never tried to special order one.

Old Post 01-04-2018 03:57 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melody Creek Kennels
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DMW
They have the best products, service, warranty, and will do anything to help you out!!

Both Sunspot and Xtreme Pro have LIFETIME warranty's on their lights. Not 100% sure but I think Big Dog has Lifetime Labor Warranty as well.

Old Post 01-04-2018 04:05 PM
Melody Creek Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melody Creek Kennels Click here to Send Melody Creek Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Melody Creek Kennels Add Melody Creek Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Melody Creek Kennels
Both Sunspot and Xtreme Pro have LIFETIME warranty's on their lights. Not 100% sure but I think Big Dog has Lifetime Labor Warranty as well.

This is correct

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 01-04-2018 04:08 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I had heard that but I had never tried to special order one.

I understand, we dont put it on the website because a lot of people seemed confused by the options of the colors. Either way Sunspot or just about anyone for that matter can do whatever you want.

Home Of:

Old Post 01-04-2018 04:20 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Question?

What 'color' are all these 'brightest' lights?

White/Blue or Natural/Yellow/Soft White?

Big difference when it comes to Coon Hunting.

Old Post 01-04-2018 04:22 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Color of the led doesn't effect the brightness of the light, same brightness regardless of the color.

Old Post 01-04-2018 04:55 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

I'm sure that's true when measuring the lights on a lux or lumens meter but to my eyes, the bright white definitely looks brighter than the soft white. Brightness is in the eyes of the beholder. LOL

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:03 PM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I'm sure that's true when measuring the lights on a lux or lumens meter but to my eyes, the bright white definitely looks brighter than the soft white. Brightness is in the eyes of the beholder. LOL

I agree with that 100%

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:05 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Huntnharris
Color of the led doesn't effect the brightness of the light, same brightness regardless of the color.

I could care less about 'brightness'.

What COLOR are theses great lights?

1. bright white/blue......... that blends colors together at night
2. soft,warm,yellow light that lets human eye see 'color' at night.

IF you hunted with a Wheat light head 'back in the day' you'd know what I'm talking about.That's the 'color' I'm looking for but with today's brighter technology.

*I still use Laser Torch Pro w/color and frosted pop cap.
Can't find anything really 'better'.Just a little brighter.*

Last edited by 4play on 01-04-2018 at 05:33 PM

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:26 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
I could care less about 'brightness'.

What COLOR are theses great lights?

1. bright white/blue......... that blends colors together at night
2. soft,warm,yellow light that lets human eye see 'color' at night.

IF you hunted with a Wheat light head 'back in the day' you'd know what I'm talking about.That's the 'color I'm looking for but with today's brighter technology.

I can tell you that the Reaper & Bushwhacker are the White light, but they dont blend the colors together.....
Back when some were using the Blueish tint lights I was blind as a bat......Couldn't see a Coon in a tree. But with the Reaper & Hellcat its just like daylight to me. Just Clean, Bright White Light.........
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 01-04-2018 at 08:23 PM

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:36 PM
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Like was said a few post back, any light maker can give you the color you are looking for, Xtreme Pro, Superior, Boss, Sunspot, the list goes on...

I hunted with a wheat light back in the day, I hated them than and still do. LOL
I like the bright white myself, but that's me.

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:38 PM
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I can tell you that the Reaper & Bushwhacker are the White light, but they dont blend the colors together.....
Back when some were using the Blueish tint lights I was blind as a bat......could see a Coon in a tree. But with the Reaper & Hellcat its just like daylight to me. Just Clean, Bright White Light.........
Tim

Same here.I bought the 'brightest hottest thing out' 5 yrs ago.
Couldn't see sh!t.
Bought the Laser Torch Pro.Love it.
Leary to pay for another white/blue $$$$ pos.

Haven't seen Reaper of any kind or Hellcat.I'm gonna have to see them with my own eyes before dropping the $$$$ I guess.
JMO

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 01-04-2018 at 05:49 PM

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:46 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Colors.....

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Same here.I bought the 'brightest hottest thing out' 5 yrs ago.
Couldn't see sh!t.
Bought the Laser Torch Pro.Love it.
Leary to pay for another white/blue $$$$ pos.

Haven't seen Reaper of any kind or Hellcat.I'm gonna have to see them with my own eyes before dropping the $$$$ I guess.
JMO

Alot of guys didnt like the Laser Torch, but I did. I could see things really good with it. Even though I liked it, its still not close to the Reaper or Hellcat.
Try to check those out, I think you will really like them.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-04-2018 05:54 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Why so much discussion about different lights? If all light makers have access to the same parts, can't we call any light maker and get exactly what we want?

Take the extreme pro of Kevins and my Sunspot Inferno. They do not have one of the same parts that I know of but they could have if needed. Also you can do different things with the same parts by either powering them different or having different combinations of the parts working together. Our stock module is what most of our costumers want. If they want something else they can ask for it and we can do it. Take the flat dome xpl that a lot of the lights discussed on here use. I have them in the shop and if you want a cool white color we can give you that and so can most everyone else.

Home Of:

Old Post 01-04-2018 06:52 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Colors.....

quote:
Alot of guys didnt like the Laser Torch, but I did.
Tim

That's not really accurate. In their heyday they sold more lights than all of us put together. A LOT of guys like them.

Home Of:

Old Post 01-04-2018 06:58 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Colors.....

quote:
That's not really accurate. In their heyday they sold more lights than all of us put together. A LOT of guys like them.

Thats true on them selling a Ton of them....They did.
I heard alot of Complaints on the Coke Can size Spot.
It was a Great Light, and still a good Seller. Still alot of those lights in use that are 6-8 years old.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 01-04-2018 08:36 PM