UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Xxx
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

Richard any drug if abused can cause a mutation in your body that can be passed down genetically to your offspring. And will effect different offspring different ways. The veterinarians and doctors want to charge you to Fix your problems and they will write you a prescription 9 out of 10 times you go. In most cases man created the thyroid problems in our hounds by giving them the cocktail.

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2020 03:13 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
So medically and genetically juicing the dog doesn't produce pups that are thyroid dogs.

Thyroid dogs are from one of three things

1. It's genetic, they have a genetic fault that causes them to have bad thyroids just like some humans have.

2. Tick disease: Tick disease can kill the thyroid in both dogs and humans.

3. Doping: Somebody made it a thyroid dog by doping it for performance with thyroid pills to the point it killed their natural thyroid. This will not make the offspring of this dog a thyroid dog but if you mess with a pregnant dogs thyroid you can cause a miscarrage, false pregnancy or stillbirth.

As someone that has a thyroid problem and has been on synthroid for years I agree with the above. As far as trying to treat a dog with lymes and at the same time trying to mess with the thyroid level your wasting you’re time. You need to get the lymes under control before you can start trying to figure out the thyroid combination. You aLao need a full lab work up don that tests the T3,T4, and T-SHIRT levels the test is more expensive but will give a more accurate look at what’s going on.

Last edited by johnny reb on 05-30-2020 at 04:21 AM

Old Post 05-30-2020 03:46 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, isn't Synthroid or levothyroxine a naturally occurring substance in your body that is produced by your thyroid gland? How can giving a dog something that they all have in their system cause a genetic mutation? I don't understand.

Old Post 05-30-2020 04:56 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, isn't Synthroid or levothyroxine a naturally occurring substance in your body that is produced by your thyroid gland? How can giving a dog something that they all have in their system cause a genetic mutation? I don't understand.

Yes you do to understand most breeders don’t want to admit it because it would destroy their breeding program. As most times it don’t show up in the pups until they have some age on them and when confronted the breeder just says guess your dog just got bit by a bad tick. You pull blood on these final fours in the major hunts you would find out.

Once you start hitting them with the cocktail in excess it’s like any other drug it takes more and more to keep them at the same level. I stand by my opinion crackheads make crack babys.

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2020 09:01 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
...... I stand by my opinion crackheads make crack babys.
Tar

Oh my goodness, what in the world does crack have to do with Synthroid? And are you saying that if you smoke crack your genes become mutated? Aren't crack babies fine once the crack is out of their system? When they grow up, will they have crack babies?

If you give a dog steroids, will it have steroid babies?

Opioid addicted moms have opioid addicted babies also. They go through withdrawals but once the opioids are out of their system they are fine. Do you think that their genes are mutated and they will have opioid babies also?

Everyone is entitled to their own opininion but you should be able to back it up with some facts or at least some logical reasons before you try to claim that it is actually true.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-30-2020 at 01:55 PM

Old Post 05-30-2020 01:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

The idea that giving dogs thyroid pills makes them have puppies that need thyroid pills is about as silly as saying that giving a dog thyroid pills makes them better at treeing coons.

Neither theory is backed by anything other than some coon hunter saying it is a fact.

Old Post 05-30-2020 01:44 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

But Tarbaby isn't just another coonhunter, he is.... "Tarbaby"....

Old Post 05-30-2020 01:57 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Y’all won’t never get it till you want to but I hate being right all the time I would like to be wrong once so I would know how it feels lol.

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2020 02:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Being wrong is not a good feeling. It will ruin your day. You feel terrible and inferior. It is not something that I can explain. You just have to experience it. I am glad that you don't know what it feels like to be wrong.

Old Post 05-30-2020 03:11 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Y I stand by my opinion crackheads make crack babys.

Tar

You are right about giving them more thyroid medicine CAN cause them to need more of it. It does do that when the dog didn't need it in the first place by making the native thyroid go dormant. BUT if they really need it then it won't because it's not in excess so it won't kill what thyroid they have left.

As for the crackheads making crack babies you are speaking of addiction. Addiction has a bimodal root. Part of it is a genetic predisposition to having addiction. That is true but that was there BEFORE the addiction so the crack didn't hand it down to the baby any more than not hunting a dog with the genetics to be a world champ makes it's genetics anything different.

A pregnant woman CAN make a crack addicted baby because the baby gets the crack she is using from her blood thus the baby has been exposed to crack and the addiction centers in the brain have been activated so they ARE more inclined to addiction than they would be genetically.

Crackhead daddy doesn't matter his genetics are what they are he don't give no blood to the baby to get high on.

Richard, those opioid addicted babies have to be very careful for the reason above, their addiction center has been triggered in the womb and they are at a higher risk.

Human parents that are taking thyroid medication do not give birth to thyroid babies. There are some known genetic thyroid issues but if their thyroid problem is from a nongenetic cancer or trauma or whatever their kids have no higher risk of needing thyroid medication than kids born to parents with normal thyroids.

Old Post 05-30-2020 07:56 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rip a question if a breeder is breeding and selling pups off of thyroid dogs that are on medication is it a tell tell sighn their dogs come up infertile or sterile a a younger age than usual.

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2020 08:07 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Rip a question if a breeder is breeding and selling pups off of thyroid dogs that are on medication is it a tell tell sighn their dogs come up infertile or sterile a a younger age than usual.

Tar

I don't know the answer to that one Tar.

I do know a messed up thyroid will cause a female not to cycle or to have false pregnancies and to miscarry/stillbirth but if you fix them with medication and get their levels right they have pups normally.

My male dog is 10 now. He was either 7 or 8 when he became a thyroid dog. I truly believe he was a tick borne disease thyroid dog because I checked his thyroid every year and he was good until then.

I bred him naturally this year and she had 15 pups in her. So many they killed her and all I got left is 4 so him being on thyroid medicine didn't effect his ability to sire a litter. Of course he hasn't been on medication his whole life either just a couple of years and his levels are right, not jacked up too high.

Old Post 05-30-2020 08:21 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

A few years back I was hunting pretty hard chasing the state race in the dead of summer. Was doing real good until my dog got sick. Come to find out it was heart worms. I went the slow kill method . By reading others experience on what they went through the doxy will dry a dog up. Meaning I guess, cause their smelling not to be so great. He went from a dog that would get treed right or wrong to a dog that couldn’t finish a track to save his tail. Was new to the whole thyroid deal. He ended up on the pill because it was low . Been on the pill every since. Not the same dog for sure. Did I mess up by putting him on the pill? Or should I have let things take it’s course. It took the wind out of my sail . I lost a dog that I wasn’t afraid to put up against anything. He will die at my house though.

Old Post 05-30-2020 08:22 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
A few years back I was hunting pretty hard chasing the state race in the dead of summer. Was doing real good until my dog got sick. Come to find out it was heart worms. I went the slow kill method . By reading others experience on what they went through the doxy will dry a dog up. Meaning I guess, cause their smelling not to be so great. He went from a dog that would get treed right or wrong to a dog that couldn’t finish a track to save his tail. Was new to the whole thyroid deal. He ended up on the pill because it was low . Been on the pill every since. Not the same dog for sure. Did I mess up by putting him on the pill? Or should I have let things take it’s course. It took the wind out of my sail . I lost a dog that I wasn’t afraid to put up against anything. He will die at my house though.

IMO, you needed to give his system time to recover before trying to mess with thyroid. I truly believe a high percent of “thyroid” dogs in today’s world wouldn’t need to be. Folks just want a fast fix

Old Post 05-30-2020 08:56 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
IMO, you needed to give his system time to recover before trying to mess with thyroid. I truly believe a high percent of “thyroid” dogs in today’s world wouldn’t need to be. Folks just want a fast fix
I agree with you. His body is hooked on them now.

Old Post 05-30-2020 09:16 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

I got a $20,000 check when mine was at a .4.....vet said take these pills and give him 2 a day!!
I told doc to take 2 a day because whatever makes it a .4 is where I wanna be $$,$$$!!
The coons are bred into em it’s either there or it ain’t and ain’t no thyroid or tick disease gonna stop a coon dog from treeing coons. Only thing can stop a REAL LIVE COON DOG is death!! Quit looking for excuses and be honest with yourself if he’s not having his coons it ain’t his thyroid it’s his bloodline

Old Post 05-30-2020 09:20 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
I got a $20,000 check when mine was at a .4.....vet said take these pills and give him 2 a day!!
I told doc to take 2 a day because whatever makes it a .4 is where I wanna be $$,$$$!!
The coons are bred into em it’s either there or it ain’t and ain’t no thyroid or tick disease gonna stop a coon dog from treeing coons. Only thing can stop a REAL LIVE COON DOG is death!! Quit looking for excuses and be honest with yourself if he’s not having his coons it ain’t his thyroid it’s his bloodline

I just hit my like button !!!

Tar

Old Post 05-30-2020 09:33 PM
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I need proof on that...for now i'm calling bullshi*

Old Post 05-30-2020 10:15 PM
RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:

RatDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RatDog Click here to Send RatDog a Private Message Find more posts by RatDog Add RatDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:

novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RatDog

Only thing I can say is this.......

Everyone there and for seeks after said he was crazy for hunting X when his level was that low.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 05-30-2020 11:46 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

5 or 6 generations of thyroid dogs in the wipeout line and still producing them y’all explain that ?

Must have been one busy tick.

Tar

Old Post 05-31-2020 03:46 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, some thyroid issues are genetic but some are not. Just because one line has them doesn't mean that all thyroid issues are genetic. Do you think that all thyroid dogs were doped at one time? Must have been a lot of cocktails.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 05-31-2020 at 02:12 PM

Old Post 05-31-2020 02:05 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Tarbaby, some thyroid issues are genetic but some are not. Just because one line has them doesn't mean that all thyroid issues are genetic.

Well a little progress I got you to admit it lol. Now from one of the founders of that line trust me they got the crackbaby syndrome. Sombody gets a new light and wins everybody wants that light. Somebody wins by doping their dog everybody does it.

Just the way it is.

Tarbaby

Last edited by yadkintar on 05-31-2020 at 02:17 PM

Old Post 05-31-2020 02:15 PM
RatDog
UKC Forum Member

Boy I must be way behind the times as i've never considered doping a dog. Biggest thing back in the day was giving a dog a little gun powder. Never did that either

Old Post 05-31-2020 02:59 PM