UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

congrats and nice job aaron. The rabble/pigeon cross was definitely a good one.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2009 04:50 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sid

Congratulation Aaron and Sid. Great Job. Dave

Old Post 09-14-2009 01:43 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chevcat327
UKC Forum Member

Geiger's T-Top Copper Clyde

Figured I would give an update on My pup (Yank x Val) He is 6 mos. old on Sept. 13 and doing well.

Clyde is a fine pup, and is showing that he is a good prospect. Thanks again Tom for this fine hound.

Old Post 09-16-2009 01:07 AM
chevcat327 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chevcat327 Click here to Send chevcat327 a Private Message Click Here to Email chevcat327 Find more posts by chevcat327 Add chevcat327 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Copper

Hey Dave, your pup is looking real good. He seems to be a good looking cuss too with long legs and good color. I'm glad to see him getting with the program, he'll be about right to start tagging along this fall and it should be fun. They don't all start early but it's sure nice when they do...kind of keeps the game interesting...eh?

When it cools down a bit, we'll get together for a hunt and some training.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 09-16-2009 02:56 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Pups

I heard from one of the folks who got one of the Yank and Angel pups, he sent me a video clip but I could unfortunately only hear the sound and not see the clip. He had called and told me that he hid a live coon and laid a drag and the pup followed it and found the cage. At first he jumped back and bayed from about 15 feet away but it didn't take long and he was at the wire giving it his best. Later on they brought two older dogs out to join in and he shouldered up to them and was really rapping them off...that's the part I heard on the clip...

Not bad for 13 weeks old!

I have two from that litter, one belongs to someone else but we kept one for ourselves and both these pups are nice with great attitudes and dispositions and very good looking. I'm looking forward to taking the next step in their training.

I don't expect every pup to start out like this one did but I do expect them to start early...usually that means around 4-5 months of age, that's what we're used to. These pups aren't out of Rock or Rat or Raven or Rabble Rouser...they're out of Yank...the next generation.

Folks, if you put them together right, they'll keep you in dogs for a life time. We're looking forward to watching these pups grow up so we can see what the future holds.

Yank is only two years old but already we are seeing the characteristics that we are breeding for, in his pups. We believe this generation out of old Rabble Rouser and some of those really nice females that were mated to him, like Page, Mya, Music, Annie, Pigeon, Starr and some others, will help us move our breed forward for a long time to come.

The season is just around the corner...Happy Hunting!

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 09-20-2009 01:28 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Nice hunt

Finally got to the woods with Dave last night. We took Leinie, Yank and Moose. They got deep before they struck and pushed a decent track quite a distance, nearly out of hearing. We drove around using the Garmin to guide us and came up on them about 150 yards from a road and treed hard. It was nice to see them get the job done in good style even though they've got a ways to go to get back into hard hunting shape.

Leinie and the rest

Another "classic" Leinie

Nice shot of Moose

Moose and Yank

Great intensity...Moose is coming along nicely

I like these young hounds a lot, they go hunting hard, strike honest, drive a track and locate and tree accurately...that's about all we can ask for from our hounds.

I'm looking forward to another exciting season and hope to have a lot of good action and memories to share.

Old Post 09-20-2009 03:40 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Look at those toenails dug in!! That brings back memories. Send Ol Moose down here to Tennessee.

Old Post 09-20-2009 04:46 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Moose

He's the main project for this fall. He'll learn to not snuffle around in the weeds because he'll be long left behind in this company. I like what I see in this hound though, he can get behind but if he hears another dog barking, even way deep, it isn't very long and he's in on the chase and close to up front on the tree.
He's got the goods in just about every department...big mouth, good looking and a go gettum attitude and so far no trouble with off game or other issues that plague a lot of young dogs.

After this season, I think he'll be tough to deal with come spring so we'll see how it all plays out.

Old Post 09-20-2009 07:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that I will just have to get my own.

Old Post 09-20-2009 10:24 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Nice Pictures

Enjoyed the pictures Tom. The young hounds look real good. Dave

Old Post 09-21-2009 12:53 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Future

Hey Dave, thanks for the comments on these young hounds, they're doing a good job and every trip brings them closer to being in the kind of shape they'll need to be in for the season...which is just around the corner.

I think I forgot to mention to you that we mated Yank to a female that is a grand daughter to old Rat. One of the local guys that brought this same female to Rabble, brought her back to Yank because he's so pleased with the pups that he got before when he mated her to the old guy. Those pups are a year or so old to two years old and are very good on coons, coyotes and bear. This cross would put old Rat in the pedigree 3 times and should be very interesting. She's a real nice female for coons and a great tree dog and not that bad to look at either. I think the pups will be due around the first week in November. I'll be getting a litter pick or two back to see what we get. Her dam is directly out of old Pete so we'll see...should be good stuff.

Old Post 09-23-2009 01:21 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Pup

I talked to Dave G. last night and he says his Yank X Val pup is really coming on. He has had him in training now for a few months because he started pretty early at 3 months of age or so. He turned a coon loose the other night and went back and got the pup and turned him out to see what he'd do. He found the track and ran it across a field and into a field edge that was piled up with old river boulders. He got into the trees and pretty sood located and rolled it over and was treed. Dave figured he'd have to turn an older dog out with him to find the coon but he was stuck so he went in, shined the tree and there was the coon. His pup just turned 6 months old.

He's going to try and make a trip down this weekend to spend some time with us on a hunt Sat night if the weather holds and maybe a little training. He's a good looking pup with a great attitude and should help make this coming season a real hoot as he develops. Hopefully, we'll be able to get some good pictures of training or maybe in the woods, we'll see how it goes.

Old Post 09-25-2009 01:26 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

YANK

Tom it sure sounds like Yank is going to do his part. I know everything out of him is real young but sounds encouraging what has happened so far. Heck he is real young hisself. Dave

Old Post 09-25-2009 03:05 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Yep!

He's a young hound Dave, won't turn three until the end of December. Angel is in heat again right now but we will skip her until late winter or spring, I don't want to put too much burden on the old girl even though I think that cross will turn out to be a very special one. Yank knows she's in and he's being somewhat of a pain in the butt. He is learning this stud dog business it seems so we'll hope to get a few more females under him in the next several months.

We'll do some messing around this weekend with the young dogs and then make a trip to the woods to see if we can get some good pictures.

I'll be putting a collar on Lucky this weekend so that should be interesting. We'll let him tag along again on a drag and see how he does this time around...I'm thinking it's going to be fun.

Old Post 09-25-2009 11:34 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Nice prospect

Dave Geiger and his friend came for a visit last night and we made a couple of drops with Yank and Moose and we took his 6 month old male Clyde along for the ride. The first drop, Yank and Moose covered over two miles in a section and didn't make a bark. We caught them up and moved on and made another drop and they struck quick and moved a track hard and fast. Moose pulled up treed and Yank went on down through a huge corn field and ended up in a bull doze pile. Moose stepped up and did a nice job. Clyde got left behind but we got him up into the tree at the end and I'll have to say that I'm pretty impressed with this young hound.

This is Clyde at the tree...

This is a nice picture of Moose and Clyde...

One more of Moose...

I did a little yard training today and I had to get a picture of this female pup out of Yank and Angel. She is very intense already even though she's only treeing on a coon carcass. Her male mate is the same way and I'm looking forward to them growing up.

We're looking forward to cooler weather and nice nights in the woods. It should be an exciting season for some of these young dogs. Dave's Clyde pup is going to open some eyes...wide open in a few months.

Good hunting to all of you...more to come.

Old Post 09-27-2009 05:21 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

dogs

The pictures look good Tom. Dave

Old Post 09-28-2009 12:13 PM
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

You have them young dogs looking good Tom. Looks like you and Dave are in for a fun kill season.

Best of Luck and your doing a great job.

Roger

Old Post 09-28-2009 01:05 PM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh tetting
UKC Forum Member

Tom

rabbles grandpups are growing nicely, waiting eagerly to meet them....

CH, FCH,GRNTCH Ice Ages' Front Seat Fanny 2011 world finalist at 2 years old
Temp home of Grch, Fch, GrNtch Wades Red Busko

Old Post 09-28-2009 06:14 PM
josh tetting is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh tetting Click here to Send josh tetting a Private Message Click Here to Email josh tetting Find more posts by josh tetting Add josh tetting to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chevcat327
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for posting those pics Tom. We really had a good time and will be back soon to visit again.

Dave G

Old Post 09-28-2009 06:45 PM
chevcat327 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chevcat327 Click here to Send chevcat327 a Private Message Click Here to Email chevcat327 Find more posts by chevcat327 Add chevcat327 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
red rambler
New UKC Forum Member

Tom
This is a Yank and Angel pup. Following are some pictures from training on 9-27-09. He is 14 weeks old and look at him go!
Hope you enjoy them.
Troy

This is rebel treeing on his own!

Look at him concentrate!

Last edited by red rambler on 09-29-2009 at 09:37 PM

Old Post 09-29-2009 06:37 PM
red rambler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for red rambler Click here to Send red rambler a Private Message Click Here to Email red rambler Find more posts by red rambler Add red rambler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Nice pup

Hey Troy, he's looking real good...on the wood

We'll show his mates a live coon for the first time this coming weekend and we'll see what they think of it. They like a carcass, coon tail or drag rag with coon scent and they'll both tree on it without seeing it already. I like these pups a lot, they're very sociable and easy to get along with not to mention that they're interested in training already at a very young age.

I don't push them much at this age but it doesn't hurt to start building the foundation...that's for sure...it makes for a real easy transition to the woods when the time it right.

I'm looking forward to training these pups and the rest as we slide into fall and cooler weather...I think it's going to be a very interesting and fun ride.

If you need me, just call on me but it looks like your pup has a real good start.

Old Post 09-30-2009 12:49 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

T-TOP SWEET CHERRY

Hi Tom! Took Cherry out last night and she did a great job. Seen 5 coon. Took some good pictures but I couldn't find my cable to hook the camera to the computer this morning. Took it home when the plant was down and misplaced it. I'll find it tonight. She sure looked good in the pictures. Have a great day. Dave

Old Post 10-01-2009 12:50 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Cherry

Hey Dave, it sounds like you had a great hunt the other night. I got the pictures and she sure is looking good.

This is Sweet Cherry...lookin' good...on the wood...

Another nice shot of Cherry doing her job...

Ya gotta love this female...she's got the looks and attitude and ability of a big time hound. This kind of female is hard to find but Dave has himself one for sure...

We'll be looking forward to a good season and seeing and hearing more about Cherry...good luck with her Dave.

Old Post 10-03-2009 08:54 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

CHERRY!

She looks AWESOME! LOVE to see the pix of her in the woods!

HappyHunting!!! HEather

Old Post 10-04-2009 12:56 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Top Dog

Thanks Tom for putting the pictures on for me and Cherry is named right. She is Sweet in the Kennel and loves to Shake a coon in the timber. Thanks for the kind words Heather. Dave

Old Post 10-04-2009 04:41 PM