UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tennessee raccoon kill season
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tennessee raccoon kill season

ALL EASTERN COUNTIES ARE CLOSED TO KILLING COONS UNTIL the statewide season opens in September. Some people are under the impression that the kill season opened statewide on July 1st 2018. ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. CAPT. COOK TWRA has verified that the season IS NOT OPEN IN THE EASTERN COUNTIES 615~781~6610 TO VERIFY THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN to any one telling you something different. ANYONE CAUGHT WITH GUN OR KILLING COONS IN THESE CLOSED COUNTIES WILL BE PROSECUTED PER TWRA. The official hunting guide is in the process of being printed, in the interim, this information is posted in TWRA'S WEBSITE. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-20-2018 at 09:29 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-20-2018 09:13 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Somebody needs of tell Richard Lambert

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 07-21-2018 03:12 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

You would think if they were going to implement this they would of had the regulation book out before it went into effect. I honestly don’t think the season matters if someone wants to roll one out there going to season or not.

Old Post 07-21-2018 03:56 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Bond, they dont have to worry about me. My dogs would have to tree one first.

Old Post 07-21-2018 04:08 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Dave to clarify this like you did with me a few weeks back,. It is open in some Eastern Counties on Private land. Is that still correct?
I appreciate you sharing this a few weeks back as

Old Post 07-21-2018 11:37 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thacker1024
UKC Forum Member

Coon season

I talk to a twra officer he said it was open for my County I live in Marion TN I wish they would close the early season myself

Old Post 07-21-2018 12:39 PM
Thacker1024 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thacker1024 Click here to Send Thacker1024 a Private Message Find more posts by Thacker1024 Add Thacker1024 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Sorry guys, my electric power has been off since 10pm Friday night until just a few minutes ago [bad storm trees down ]. THE KILL SEASON IS CLOSED IN SCOTT CO, MORGAN CO, ROANE CO, RHEA CO, HAMILITON CO. AND ALL COUNTIES EAST OF THOSE COUNTIES. SCOTT CO AT THE TOP KY BORDER AND HAMITON CO AT THE BOTTON GA BORDER AND ALL COUNTIES EAST OF THOSE COUNTIES. Pretty much the entire EASTERN part of the state is closed. Middle and West Tennessee open. Dave

Old Post 07-21-2018 10:10 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Thacker1024

I believe that your warden is wrong, if you unsure you should call the phone number given in this post. CAPT. COOK TWRA was going to school all those wardens and staff in the CLOSED COUNTIES, as some were getting FALSE INFORMATION. Dave

Old Post 07-21-2018 10:42 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Season

Hopefully, this thread will CLARIFY the AREAS THAT ARE CLOSED. SOME HUNTERS ARE HUNTING IN CLOSED COUNTIES. Dave

Old Post 07-22-2018 08:59 PM
Thacker1024
UKC Forum Member

Hunting season

Thanks Dave

Old Post 07-22-2018 09:28 PM
Thacker1024 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thacker1024 Click here to Send Thacker1024 a Private Message Find more posts by Thacker1024 Add Thacker1024 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Thacker1024

You are welcome my friend. I made this post due to some hunters in my area arguing the season was open statewide. Some even called Nashville and were given INCORRECT INFORMATION that the season opened statewide July 1st 2018. CAPT. COOK assured me that the SEASON was CLOSED in the COUNTIES LISTED IN THIS POST AND THAT ALL STAFF INCLUDING WARDENS WOULD BE INFORMED, SO NO ONE WOULD BE GIVEN THE WRONG INFORMATION. ANYONE CAUGHT WITH A GUN OR KILLING COONS WILL BE PROSECUTED. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE TELLING YOU DIFFERENT. PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION IN THIS POST BY CALLING TWRA AT THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED IN THIS POST. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 07-23-2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post 07-22-2018 10:04 PM
l p w
UKC Forum Member

Gun

I'm not sure that they can do anything about a gun in your truck but if you have it out of the truck you are had

Old Post 07-23-2018 11:51 AM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thacker1024
UKC Forum Member

Gun

Lpw I say they would still charge a man even if he had a gun in his truck and didn't have it out

Old Post 07-23-2018 12:13 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Here in NC if the GW shows I guarantee you will get a ticket for something, I dispice mr green jeans.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-23-2018 12:57 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am so Thankful that here in FL, Raccoons are not looked at as a Game Animal. The amazing thing is that I would say fewer coon are harvested down here by coon hunters on a percentage basis than in any other state and we are allowed to harvest them year round.
Now many of the Bird Plantations and other types of hunting clubs have trappers on the payroll to trap and keep the population down. It is just the coon hunters have learned their value in the training process of their dogs and actually work hard on keeping their population up by feeding and not harvesting them.

It is kind of like wanting some ice cream and not being able to have it. Once your allowed all the ice cream you can eat, it doesn't seem as important to you. I see a lot more value in a live coon than I see in one harvested for no good reason.

Old Post 07-23-2018 02:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: Gun

quote:
Originally posted by Thacker1024
Lpw I say they would still charge a man even if he had a gun in his truck and didn't have it out
I don’t think they can do a thing about a gun in your truck cause Tennessee made the law that your vehicle is the same as your house

Old Post 07-23-2018 04:02 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Ralph try it and let us know. If you don't want to just dare cousin Joe to. He'll try almost anything on a dare.

Old Post 07-23-2018 04:50 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Jack or Mr Dobson to me lol

I don’t go anywhere that there isn’t a gun in my wife’s car or my truck! I know East Bend only has 2 crazy people (you and Dad LOL) now that Mr. Hennings has passed away but this area is full of them mostly cause of drugs and I hopefully ain’t going out to some druggie taking me out if I can help it! You know there isn’t much Joe wouldn’t do on a dare LOL

Last edited by Ralph Williams on 07-23-2018 at 05:05 PM

Old Post 07-23-2018 05:00 PM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If there is a gun in you're truck.a warden may give you a ticket, but it will be threw out in court. I have had it happen to me and have kmow now a couple others. I wished they would of left the season the way it was. I don't kill many coon. But I like a lot of others will knock one out if I think it's needed whether seasons open or not. In the spring and early summer if I've got a young dog that's just getting started and they really worked for one and I think it would be beneficial I will knock one out. If I'm going to knock One out in that timeframe I try and knockout a kitten if at all possible and leave the sowmalome

Old Post 07-23-2018 07:03 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If you have a carry permit, they have to catch you with a dead coon.

Old Post 07-23-2018 07:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l p w
UKC Forum Member

gun

I don't have to worry about it for the season is open in my county but if you have a gun in your truck they cant do anything about it because it is the law

Old Post 07-23-2018 07:54 PM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Think there has to be some common sense used here. The poster who said your car/truck is like your house and you can have a gun in it is correct. The facts are also if your out coon hunting and have a snub nosed 38 they might not think as much about is as a 22 rifle with scope and coon killer carved on the side. Yes a gun is a gun but intent also comes into play.
Unfortunally our actions while hunting. Have something to do with loss of land and hunting rights. It is not always the orher guys fault.
Wish, I could get folks to respect others land and not do disrespectful stuff that causes problems. Unfortunally we dont hear from or about the respectful ones.

Old Post 07-23-2018 08:00 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

It's legal in IN to carry a rifle in the woods during running season. I think the reason is to defend against coyotes

Old Post 07-23-2018 08:02 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Exactly Bruce! Besides coon are thin in this area anyway and I have been told most of my life and I’m old according to my boys that if your dog “needs” a coon then you need a dog! Lol I’m NOT fan of the “it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission” club

Old Post 07-23-2018 08:07 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ralph Williams

Spot on Ralph, it's taken years of effort to get a decent coon population in our AREAS. Crazy season like July kill season would cripple our coon population in a few years or less. KILLING COONS doesn't make a coondog! Dave

Old Post 07-23-2018 11:13 PM