UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Let's Discuss Performance Program
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
The report by the better business burrow I just looked at says 50 employees total revenue just under $7,000,000 annually they ain't slumming it up there it's time for change.

Tar

Tar a very small percentage of that comes from us. Lets not act like we are making the 7 million a year.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-19-2018 05:24 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Our labor is free we do it because we want to. Everything they do they get a good paycheck for. I worked in the hot sun 200 ft in the air for years I got payed good for it. But I came in on weekends and set in a moh for free because the club couldn't afford to pay.

It's time for change.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2018 05:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

So what would you like to see happen tar? No hints, no "trying to get us to think". What exactly would you do?

Home Of:

Old Post 07-19-2018 05:37 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Go back and read my last six years of comments were y'all told me it wouldn't work and banned me twice when it got to hot when people agreed with me.

Go old school back to the basics and you can't say it don't work if you don't try but you can't be worrying about your bottom line when making those decisions if it don't work there is a such thing as a tax write off.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2018 05:44 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I cant go back and read your comments and I have no idea why you were banned. What old school are you talking about? Specifics.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-19-2018 06:07 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Go back to the old format cast winners place first finish out through tenth place with plus point non cast winners. No leash lock and tree count down. Only three minutes the first drop to babble. Far as cheap titles you got people spending $6,500 entry not to even get a title maybe in states like Oklahoma and Texas that want those hunts 16 dog limit heck ukc should give it to them get people excited something to watch bring new life in low attedence states something ain't selling at Walmart they get rid of it over night and get something that will. I ain't got all the answers but I ain't afraid to try something different send a rep out to talk to people this board is just a small amount of people there's people never read it. Decisions have to be made quickly before you loose customer base that's what's wrong now people are tired of the wait.

Tar

Old Post 07-19-2018 06:22 PM
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

How much money is put into the performance program in a year?

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 07-19-2018 08:14 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Tar a very small percentage of that comes from us. Lets not act like we are making the 7 million a year.
I dont have the numbers to go by, but between registration, Performance program, hunt income and Bloodlines I'd say a large percentage of their income is directly related to Coonhounds. Almost all prizes given away at major events are donated, and they have several a year with thousands of dogs competing..

Last edited by shane_atchison on 07-19-2018 at 09:08 PM

Old Post 07-19-2018 09:06 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Whole purpose here is attempting to get higher point values.
At one time dogs could be permanent nominated up to 2 years. reinstate that and more. My suggestion …

Old rule...…………………...Change to …………...Fee
0- 6mon...……………………..Unchng...………... $30
over 6m..up to 12 mon ...Unchng………...…$100
Over 1year not Elig……...Elig up to 2yr…….$ 200
…………………………………….. Over 2yr...…………. $300

Allow females bred to sires that are not performanced To pay a fee to nominated their litter if they wish to performance the litter. Say 100 or 150.(This fee is in additional to the usual litter nomination) No pup earnings would go to the sire of those litters nominated this way. The female would require DNA and would still only collect pup winnings under the current system. The earnings the sire owner would have received would not be paid and revert into the current performance fund.

My reasoning.
Many litter nominated pups are never permanently nominated. Later sold and now ineligible to be permanently nominated.
Some guys would rather pay the penalty to late permanent nominate then pay up front on a gamble.

Some guys would like to breed their back yard male and female they own without performancing the sire.This would give that backyard breeder the opportunity to raise a litter and still performance the litter if they so wish.

The performance sire would still be desired by breeders .As the sire owner would still wish to earn possible pup winnings and enticing eligible females with the prepaid sire.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 07-19-2018 at 09:51 PM

Old Post 07-19-2018 09:48 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Re: Let's Discuss Performance Program

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
UKC is working on several significant changes relates to nite hunt structure, as well as the Performance Program. At this time details are still being finalized so we are not at liberty to discuss any changes at this time yet.

However, we would like your feedback and thoughts on a specific item related to the Performance Program. Current rules make a permanently nominated dog eligible for its whole life. This is a good deal for the owner but it does also take away from the fund obviously and might help increase point values otherwise.

Should UKC consider putting an age limit on those permanently nominated dogs, and if so, what should that age be? Leave as is? What are your thoughts?

Hard to answer without knowing the upcoming changes. If Grands are going to be competing more and will be eligable for points, drastic changes need made. An age cap should've been set at the inception, but will be frowned upon now.

Old Post 07-19-2018 11:34 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Pat bizich
Great post

Old Post 07-20-2018 12:41 AM
pamjohnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pat Bizich
Whole purpose here is attempting to get higher point values.
At one time dogs could be permanent nominated up to 2 years. reinstate that and more. My suggestion …

Old rule...…………………...Change to …………...Fee
0- 6mon...……………………..Unchng...………... $30
over 6m..up to 12 mon ...Unchng………...…$100
Over 1year not Elig……...Elig up to 2yr…….$ 200
…………………………………….. Over 2yr...…………. $300

Allow females bred to sires that are not performanced To pay a fee to nominated their litter if they wish to performance the litter. Say 100 or 150.(This fee is in additional to the usual litter nomination) No pup earnings would go to the sire of those litters nominated this way. The female would require DNA and would still only collect pup winnings under the current system. The earnings the sire owner would have received would not be paid and revert into the current performance fund.

My reasoning.
Many litter nominated pups are never permanently nominated. Later sold and now ineligible to be permanently nominated.
Some guys would rather pay the penalty to late permanent nominate then pay up front on a gamble.

Some guys would like to breed their back yard male and female they own without performancing the sire.This would give that backyard breeder the opportunity to raise a litter and still performance the litter if they so wish.

The performance sire would still be desired by breeders .As the sire owner would still wish to earn possible pup winnings and enticing eligible females with the prepaid sire.
[/QUOTE

I agree with nominating a litter not bred to a performance sire for a fee . I wouldn't want to see an age limit with all the other kc requirements a lot of dogs aren't getting ukc hunted until older . In my situation and area most industry are 24 hour 7 day / 365 and most jobs require rotation which usually results in 2 weekends per month off . Most of us need weekday hunts . If your in the farm industry in the Midwest maybe you can have weekend off and that may be why the numbers may be better in the north ? in my area a UKC title isn't easily earned . We have quality dogs little ground but in my case im not always going to sacrifice a precious weekend away from family if the system changes to make it harder to title a dog then watch the southern numbers get even lower .Its nice having options!

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 07-20-2018 04:08 AM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Farm Industry with weekend off? I can assure you that doesn't draw any hunts, you would have lower numbers.

Old Post 07-20-2018 04:58 AM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A "Futurity" only works if you have "Futurity sires". Letting people pay up pups that aren't from paid up Futurity sires kills the program. That just won't work so y'all can forget that.
Letting people pay up pups after they are a year old won't work either. No one will pay up their pup until they see if it is going to make something. All of the money in the program comes from the pups that don't make it.
A Futurity Program is just gambling. You are betting that your sire is going to produce pups that make it. And you are gambling that the pup you buy is going to make it. And with any gamble more people have to lose money than win. The more people that lose, the more money the few winners make. The "odds" are against you. The lure of gambling is the excitement and the dream of hitting it big.
If you want the payout to increase then you will have to either increase the pay in or decrease the number of winners. It is simple math.
And of course, the house always takes their 10% off of the top. That is just a fact of life.

Old Post 07-20-2018 01:26 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
A "Futurity" only works if you have "Futurity sires". Letting people pay up pups that aren't from paid up Futurity sires kills the program. That just won't work so y'all can forget that.
Letting people pay up pups after they are a year old won't work either. No one will pay up their pup until they see if it is going to make something. All of the money in the program comes from the pups that don't make it.
A Futurity Program is just gambling. You are betting that your sire is going to produce pups that make it. And you are gambling that the pup you buy is going to make it. And with any gamble more people have to lose money than win. The more people that lose, the more money the few winners make. The "odds" are against you. The lure of gambling is the excitement and the dream of hitting it big.
If you want the payout to increase then you will have to either increase the pay in or decrease the number of winners. It is simple math.
And of course, the house always takes their 10% off of the top. That is just a fact of life.

i'm a coonhunter not a gambler. it's also my hobby not business. i do feel your wrong about what will make the program work or not work but jmo.

Old Post 07-20-2018 01:59 PM
pamjohnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Strange but I agree, PKC did the same thing to SS sires an after 2 years they was calling people asking for donations cause they didn’t have enough money to pay SS winners.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:08 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blaze2014
Banned

Drop the program. Payout night of the hunt like others do,instead of always trying to fix something, and making interest off the hunters money.

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:13 PM
Blaze2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaze2014 Click here to Send Blaze2014 a Private Message Find more posts by Blaze2014 Add Blaze2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Its not a futurity because your eligable for the life of the dog. I believe paying up 12-18 month old pups at $200 will add thousands to the pot, but 18mo. should be the cutoff. Allowing a Sire to breed 1 gyp a year at $200 will add thousands to the pot also. Any increase should be on the Performance Sire end, I dont think they've had one since the start of the program..

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:13 PM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I think the simplest fix is to increase the entry fee 5 dollars across the board. 5 dollars won't stop anyone from going to a hunt.

Also allow any dog to be paid up in the program so long it was bred by a performance sire. Fee based on how old the hound is.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:23 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Allowing people to pay up 12 to 18 month old pups will add thousands but also take away thousands. For every change that adds money on one end, you have to also ask yourself how much money will it take away on the other end. It is all a matter of speculation, theory and what ifs. You have to think everything through and do the math. It might work and it might not. But it would have to be so high that it would penalize the people That waited and make them want to pay them up before 6 mos. Maybe $200 from 6-12 mos and $500 after 12 mos. That is maybe why change is so slow.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 07-20-2018 at 02:38 PM

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:32 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Strange but I agree, PKC did the same thing to SS sires an after 2 years they was calling people asking for donations cause they didn’t have enough money to pay SS winners.

Mr Tim.

A lil different math here. It cost $100 to pay up a Ukc sire a year vs. $700 to SS one a year. It would be worth losing 100 performance sires at $100 to Register 100 litters at $200. Should also be mandatory to pay up the litter of single breeding performance pups..

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:35 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
Its not a futurity because your eligable for the life of the dog. I believe paying up 12-18 month old pups at $200 will add thousands to the pot, but 18mo. should be the cutoff. Allowing a Sire to breed 1 gyp a year at $200 will add thousands to the pot also. Any increase should be on the Performance Sire end, I dont think they've had one since the start of the program..

I’m interested in how that would work telling stud owners they can only breed one female a year? Explain how that would work?

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:40 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
A lil different math here. It cost $100 to pay up a Ukc sire a year vs. $700 to SS one a year. It would be worth losing 100 performance sires at $100 to Register 100 litters at $200. Should also be mandatory to pay up the litter of single breeding performance pups..

It’s only $400 to pay up a SS sire, $200 to SS a liter that’s not from a SS stud.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:43 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Richard is right. The SS works because they only pay a handfull of winners from a pot thats being paid into by almost all of their registered pups. If all SS pups won part of that pot back for every cast win they got. The program would be broke. So how could this be any different.

Home Of:

Old Post 07-20-2018 02:53 PM
Blaze2014
Banned

400 to pay up s.s. for how long? 6 mo right? Just pay cast winners at end of night and drop the program.

Old Post 07-20-2018 03:01 PM