UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Who Carries a concealed handgun??
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ncstatewalkers
UKC Forum Member

Who Carries a concealed handgun??

I am looking at getting a handgun for a concealed carry every day gun. I was wondering who on here carries a handgun, where do you keep it and any recommendations on a good everyday carry gun?

Thanks,

Jacob

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2011 03:46 PM
ncstatewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ncstatewalkers Click here to Send ncstatewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email ncstatewalkers Find more posts by ncstatewalkers Add ncstatewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Iron
UKC Forum Member

I carry a little Charter Arms 5 shot revolver 2" barrel, .38 Special in my pocket in a pocket holster. Real comfortable and easy to get to if I ever needed it.

GRCH GRNITECH"PR" Blue Iron Brummy HTX

Top 100 Finalist 2012 UKC World Hunt.

King of Hunt 2013 BBOA National Bluetick Days

Tree Blue

I use and recommend Backwoods Supplies

Old Post 01-18-2011 03:48 PM
Blue Iron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Iron Click here to Send Blue Iron a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Iron Find more posts by Blue Iron Add Blue Iron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joseph robinson
UKC Forum Member

-

I also like a .38 special. It is a 5 shot with a 2" barrel, though mine is a Smith and Wesson.

Old Post 01-18-2011 03:52 PM
joseph robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joseph robinson Click here to Send joseph robinson a Private Message Find more posts by joseph robinson Add joseph robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ki4qpu
UKC Forum Member

I carry my duty weapon a lot. But I would suggest a walther P22. It's only a .22 but if your a good shot it shouldn't matter. Dead is dead.

Size and weight is big when picking out a gun. If you choose a big caliber the weight of the bullets will get old.

Home of the pot lickers

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day! Teach a man to fish, and tomorrow he'll have all his buddies in your fishin' hole!

Last edited by ki4qpu on 01-18-2011 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 01-18-2011 04:00 PM
ki4qpu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ki4qpu Click here to Send ki4qpu a Private Message Click Here to Email ki4qpu Find more posts by ki4qpu Add ki4qpu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CWT
UKC Forum Member

i carry a .380, loooking into buying the Taurus Judge

Old Post 01-18-2011 04:12 PM
CWT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CWT Click here to Send CWT a Private Message Click Here to Email CWT Find more posts by CWT Add CWT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Poison
UKC Forum Member

Glock 27 in a small of the back holster

Old Post 01-18-2011 04:34 PM
Poison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Poison Click here to Send Poison a Private Message Find more posts by Poison Add Poison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reds4Me
UKC Forum Member

I would recommend a compact 9mm with personal defense rounds in the magazine. Good brands are the M&P and the Ruger SR9. There are some really nice holsters available that keep the barrel inside your pants, vs. those that are carried with the barrel outside. My husband prefers these as they are easier to conceal. Some of the compacts come with different size magazines as well - we like those that hold 10 and have the ability to switch out to a 17 round magazine with a grip extension. I'm pretty sure the SR9 offers this, and it is an extremely accurate 9mm, very easy to shoot and lightweight.

Home of :

GRCH "PR" Chestnut Ridge Annabelle

CH "PR" Chestnut Ridge Josephine

And the Bean pups:
CH CCH "PR" Chestnut Ridge Rocafella
"PR" Chestnut Ridge Murphy's Law

Old Post 01-18-2011 04:39 PM
Reds4Me is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reds4Me Click here to Send Reds4Me a Private Message Find more posts by Reds4Me Add Reds4Me to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barrier Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Glock 32 357 it my back up duty weapon and off duty CC.

Last edited by Barrier Kennels on 01-18-2011 at 05:39 PM

Old Post 01-18-2011 05:22 PM
Barrier Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barrier Kennels Click here to Send Barrier Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Barrier Kennels Find more posts by Barrier Kennels Add Barrier Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phantom
Banned

I carry a 9 mm with four 16 round mags along with a 45 with four 7 round mags then a 357 mag with 4 speedloaders ready to go. no such thing as to big a gun or to many bullets

Old Post 01-18-2011 05:24 PM
Phantom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom Click here to Send Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by Phantom Add Phantom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GOOD TIIMESS
UKC Forum Member

LIVE BY THE GUN , DIE BY THE GUN , 38 SPECIAL BODY GUARD , HAMMERLESS

Old Post 01-18-2011 05:43 PM
GOOD TIIMESS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GOOD TIIMESS Click here to Send GOOD TIIMESS a Private Message Find more posts by GOOD TIIMESS Add GOOD TIIMESS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clay Lautzenhiser
UKC Forum Member

Two different ones: .38 special derringer with +P rounds, carries nicely in a pocket holster.
.22 Mag 5 shot revolver with pocket clip, carries like a pocket knife.

PKC#50739

Old Post 01-18-2011 05:55 PM
Clay Lautzenhiser is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clay Lautzenhiser Click here to Send Clay Lautzenhiser a Private Message Click Here to Email Clay Lautzenhiser Find more posts by Clay Lautzenhiser Add Clay Lautzenhiser to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SMITTY
UKC Forum Member

Ruger LCP 380 6 shot auto, fits in your pocket.

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:02 PM
SMITTY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SMITTY Click here to Send SMITTY a Private Message Click Here to Email SMITTY Find more posts by SMITTY Add SMITTY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Wood
UKC Forum Member

RUGER LCR 38SPL+P

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:19 PM
Larry Wood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Wood Click here to Send Larry Wood a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Wood Find more posts by Larry Wood Add Larry Wood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillscreek
UKC Forum Member

.22 mag

North American Arms 5 shot stainless revolver. So small it can be carried in the pocket and nobody knows. The thing i really like is the saftey of this gun compared to other revolvers. You can sit the hammer beteen the rounds so no matter how hard the hammer is accidently stuck there is no way it can fire till you cock it. Also weighs next to nothing, loaded.
The .22 mag is a pretty devestating little round imo.

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:22 PM
hillscreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillscreek Click here to Send hillscreek a Private Message Click Here to Email hillscreek Find more posts by hillscreek Add hillscreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jamie Thurman
UKC Forum Member

I CARRY A SIG 40 CAL ON MY SIDE
I HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO HAVE A 45 RUGER IN SMALL OF MY BACK BUT POLICE FROWN ON THAT LOL

NITECH NOCTURNAL NAILOR JR
GRNITECH JUDGE DREDD 7/2/04 to 8/4/14
GRNITECH WALACES LITTLE ELLI (2014 SATURDAY NIGHT GEORGIA STATE GRNITECH WINNER AND 2ND IN THE FINAL 4)

GRCH GRNITECH GRFCH WOODS DANDY SAS( GRNITECH ABBOTTS ELK RIVER RATTLER X WOODS DANDY BRANDY )

GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL KIT ( GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL TORUCH X GRNITECH GOLD RIVER MEG )

NITECH CH SWAMP AND RIVER QUEEN (CAST WINNER AT BABY STAKES & 3 WINS TWDS GRNITECH) (GRNITECH DOUBLE XL X NITECH CH A LITTLE BIT NASTY )

BEANS 2 FAMOUS FOR U (GRNTCH HARDWOOD BEAN X GRNTCH SKIPPERS ALMOST FAMOUS)
GIRLS HUNT TO
Jamie Thurman
770-262-5241

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:23 PM
Jamie Thurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Thurman Click here to Send Jamie Thurman a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Thurman Find more posts by Jamie Thurman Add Jamie Thurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris McCrary
UKC Forum Member

Either S&W 442 (Airweight internal hammer revolver) or Ruger LCP in front pocket in holster. Both of these are nice to carry. Get something reliable and lightweight. You will find yourself not carrying if it is uncomfortable.

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:36 PM
Chris McCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris McCrary Click here to Send Chris McCrary a Private Message Find more posts by Chris McCrary Add Chris McCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnoverla
UKC Forum Member

i have on me at all times a s& w 40 cal with ten shot clips with a belt holster

Last edited by johnoverla on 01-18-2011 at 06:51 PM

Old Post 01-18-2011 06:46 PM
johnoverla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnoverla Click here to Send johnoverla a Private Message Click Here to Email johnoverla Find more posts by johnoverla Add johnoverla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john Duemmer
UKC Forum Member

Kimber 1911 45ACP. with laser grips Under my arm. Hope i never have to shoot, but if i do i want them to fall down dead.

Old Post 01-18-2011 07:00 PM
john Duemmer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john Duemmer Click here to Send john Duemmer a Private Message Click Here to Email john Duemmer Find more posts by john Duemmer Add john Duemmer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

If I could only have one....it would have to be my S&W 642. I think it is the best all around carry gun for me.

Luckily I don't have to only have one so I also carry a Ruger LCP in the summer and a Springfield XD45C in the winter.

But I'm dying to get my hands on a single stack Kahr in 9mm.

Old Post 01-18-2011 07:40 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEITH HAYNES
UKC Forum Member

Taurus 38 spl revolver(5 shot), 2 in barrel, $275 brand new!

Home of:

Nt. Ch. 'PR' Tarheel Rocky (3 wins toward Grand)
(Gr. Nt. Ch. Swamp Cat x Gr. Nt. Ch. Rock Anna)
2011 Zone 5 Semi-Finals 4th place
2011 UKC Finals Top 100

'PR' Tarheel Brandy
(Gr. Nt. Ch. Briar Creek Zeb x Gr. Nt. Ch. Low Gap Lucky)

Old Post 01-18-2011 08:50 PM
KEITH HAYNES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEITH HAYNES Click here to Send KEITH HAYNES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEITH HAYNES Find more posts by KEITH HAYNES Add KEITH HAYNES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Rusher
UKC Forum Member

taurus 1911 , Why shoot twice

618-839-2271

Old Post 01-18-2011 09:03 PM
Bill Rusher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Rusher Click here to Send Bill Rusher a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Rusher Find more posts by Bill Rusher Add Bill Rusher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamie stall
Banned

I do right know without a permit ,but im going to get a permit because people around us other coonhunters think they can tell you where and where not to hunt.all i can say you **** with my dogs truck or me your probably not going to like the end results.not putting up with that **** anymore

Old Post 01-18-2011 11:26 PM
jamie stall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamie stall Click here to Send jamie stall a Private Message Click Here to Email jamie stall Find more posts by jamie stall Add jamie stall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryan85
UKC Forum Member

I carry a SIG P238 .380 in my front pocket in a holster every where I go. Best shooting .380 you can buy.

Old Post 01-18-2011 11:58 PM
ryan85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ryan85 Click here to Send ryan85 a Private Message Click Here to Email ryan85 Find more posts by ryan85 Add ryan85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bstewarts
UKC Forum Member

I carry a Ruger .380 LCP. Great little gun and it goes everywhere with me.

PR. STEWART'S MOLLY *RIP*

Old Post 01-19-2011 12:15 AM
bstewarts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bstewarts Click here to Send bstewarts a Private Message Click Here to Email bstewarts Find more posts by bstewarts Add bstewarts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MatlockCrkennel
UKC Forum Member

Handgun

Have a permit and carry a 9 mm everywhere I go.

Last edited by MatlockCrkennel on 01-19-2011 at 03:13 AM

Old Post 01-19-2011 12:25 AM
MatlockCrkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MatlockCrkennel Click here to Send MatlockCrkennel a Private Message Click Here to Email MatlockCrkennel Find more posts by MatlockCrkennel Add MatlockCrkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote